Director of Ori 1 & 2 calls out Microsoft for their double speak regarding exclusivity

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
There’s more people with phones/tablets/PCs/Laptops/TVs than there are PS5 owners by far

None of that means anything if people don't have a desire to use those other mediums though...and that's the point.

Game streaming is a huge convenience and will likely find itself even more relevant in the years to come but its not there yet, for various reasons from the technical to the practical. So locking out the largest console market from the previous gen is in no way shedding a userbase to take on a larger one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
None of that means anything if people don't have a desire to use those other mediums though...and that's the point.
But this is just your opinion.

Lots of people stream games.

Game streaming is a huge convenience and will likely find itself even more relevant in the years to come but its not there yet, for various reasons from the technical to the practical. So locking out the largest console market from the previous gen is in no way shedding a userbase to take on a larger one.
Streaming on Xcloud gets you better performance than most people playing on PC/switch/last gen

It’s already a very viable option to play games.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
What a bunch of fukking nerds in here

*Goes back to playing a japan only jrpg on a ps2 emulator*

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s more people with phones/tablets/PCs/Laptops/TVs than there are PS5 owners by far

I’m convinced y’all stan shyt has rotted your brains and you can’t think logically or reasonably about anything:smh:
and there's more people than the aforementioned if you include PS4/5 owners as well. :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No there’s not. :stopitslime:
So if you add 100 million + 10 million which makes 110 million, is that number when added to the number of phone/tablet/PC users not greater than the original number? You're incorrectly removing the alternative market and only comparing 110 million to all mobile/phone/tv users.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So if you add 100 million + 10 million which makes 110 million, is that number when added to the number of phone/tablet/PC users not greater than the original number? You're incorrectly removing the alternative market and only comparing 110 million to all mobile/phone/tv users.
I misunderstood your post.

Yes obviously there’s more if you add them, but it’s incorrect to “subtract” them as if there’s no overlap in the platforms people own.

The original question was about total potential users before and after the acquisition.

Y’all have now moved goalposts so much and contradicted yourselves so much I don’t even know what we are talking about anymore

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yes obviously there’s more if you add them, but it’s incorrect to “subtract” them as if there’s no overlap in the platform people own.

The original question was about total potential users before and after the acquisition.

Y’all have now moved goalposts so much and contradicted yourselves so much I don’t even know what we are talking about anymore

:therethere:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yes obviously there’s more if you add them, but it’s incorrect to “subtract” them as if there’s no overlap in the platforms people own.

Xbox stans :mjlol:

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Halo aint been on ps ever so if lil kid aint got an xbox what he expect. Dudes whole comment was dumb as hell. Hmm wonder why he aint say sony or nintendo should port their games to the competition too since hes all about everyone playing everything

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Halo aint been on ps ever so if lil kid aint got an xbox what he expect. Dudes whole comment was dumb as hell. Hmm wonder why he aint say sony or nintendo should port their games to the competition too since hes all about everyone playing everything

Because the ceo of Nintendo and sony never said they hate exclusivity