Director of Ori 1 & 2 calls out Microsoft for their double speak regarding exclusivity

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@Fatboi1 is all for streaming when it’s Sony doing it.
This.

Any other argument is just hot air.
As far as latency goes, I've been very impressed. I played Street Fighter IV on the Vita through remote play and I felt it was very playable.
Even went as far as to say he was impressed with playing a fighting game through streaming. A genre known for needing precise controls.

You stans gotta get your narratives together. Stop contradicting yourselves:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony, Stadia Nintendo and all these other companies offering streaming games/services.

Millions of people playing said games.

But somehow according to Coli Sony stans streaming is not a viable way to access Microsoft games.

Sony stans wild :mjlol:
When in doubt, just throw big numbers and huge generalizations to make a weak point.

Offering a streaming service available on certain platforms is certainly not the same thing as "Our games is playable by anyone*"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When in doubt, just throw big numbers and huge generalizations to make a weak point.

Offering a streaming service available on certain platforms is certainly not the same thing as "Our games is playable by anyone*"
How is it not.

Don’t most people have at least one of the platforms that can stream Xbox games?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 is all for streaming when it’s Sony doing it.

Even went as far as to say he was impressed with playing a fighting game through streaming. A genre known for needing precise controls.

You stans gotta get your narratives together. Stop contradicting yourselves:stopitslime:
You had to go back five years to a post of me saying I playED a game on the Vita and found it playable. No mention of whether it's suitable for hardcore players, would I want to play it like that as the only platform nothing. Just an out of context quote from five years ago.

Here, let me help you.

On Xcloud:
Wow I'm impressed. Even on my 2.4ghz work wifi I was able to stream it. There was lots of image quality issues like compression and whatnot from the connection quality, latency was very good. I felt like I could've played with no issue.

On Stadia beta:
Wow this thing works way better than I expected. I immediately braced myself to detect input lag or latency and I can feel safe to say it felt as if I was playing the game native on the PC. The image quality isn't as good as native obviously, it's like a 1080P youtube stream but controlling it I kept thinking it was the real thing. I didn't see any options for GFX so I assume it's the console versions. This is absolutely viable. Next gen game streaming will be the norm if this is the way it'll happen. Mark my words

Now that I have posts sharing the same sentiments on other platforms, I should be clear no?

Again, what does any of this have to do with my original post?

If someone has a PS5 or even a Switch you can't just say "Play any xbox game without buying new hardware."

It's very deceiving to say so. If you told a child this and then said "Well you need an Xbox OR a PC..." then a mere child would say this is a lie.

It would be like Nintendo saying "Today anyone who wants to play Mario can do so without buying new hardware!" while only providing a few F2P games on mobile stores.

My original point is not having certain games/services on major platforms then pretending that anyone can play it IS deceiving. Stop trying to create a strawman.

How you're trying to frame me as saying streaming is bad when I said nothing of the sort is hilarious. Your response isn't negating what I said which is Gamepass isn't on the Switch/PS5 and neither is Xcloud. You had to change the discussion to say "but other people have other hardware!".

If Sony said "people have PCs they can play Bloodborne" there you would have absolutely called them out and pointed out how it's not the same thing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You had to go back five years to a post of me saying I playED a game on the Vita and found it playable. No mention of whether it's suitable for hardcore players, would I want to play it like that as the only platform nothing. Just an out of context quote from five years ago.
What do “hardcore gamers” have to do with anything?
Who’s moving goalposts now?

Point is, streaming is a viable way to play games. You even said so yourself. And like you said that was 5 years ago, things have only gotten better since then:ehh:

Here, let me help you.

On Xcloud:

On Stadia beta:

Now that I have posts sharing the same sentiments on other platforms, I should be clear no?

Again, what does any of this have to do with my original post?

My original point is not having certain games/services on major platforms then pretending that anyone can play it IS deceiving. Stop trying to create a strawman.
How is it deceiving?

Again.

Do most people have a platform that can play an Xbox game?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do “hardcore gamers” have to do with anything?
Who’s moving goalposts now?

Point is, streaming is a viable way to play games. You even said so yourself. And like you said that was 5 years ago, things have only gotten better since then:ehh:

How is it deceiving?

Again.

Do most people have a platform that can play an Xbox game?
It's deceiving because it presupposes that the alternative is an acceptable compromise. Let's not get too deep into that as you know streaming =/= native playing. It can be viable for some but it ain't the same. Vegan chicken wings can be really good but some would argue it's still not the same. :troll:

Hell, there's PC gamers who refuse to buy a game on a different STORE FRONT even though it would still be played on the SAME machine e.g. Epic Games store/Blizzard Store.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hell, there's PC gamers who refuse to buy a game on a different STORE FRONT even though it would still be played on the SAME machine e.g. Epic Games store/Blizzard Store.

:yes:

I’ve literally seen pc players forgo a free epic store game offer for that very reason. People would rather pay to have it in their steam library then to play a game from a different launcher.

And here you got stans telling me i can play starfield on my phone, its the same thing.:childplease:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yes:

I’ve literally seen pc players forgo a free epic store game offer for that very reason. People would rather pay to have it in their steam library then to play a game from a different launcher.

And here you got stans telling me i can play starfield on my phone, its the same thing.:childplease:
I got an iPhone 13 and while i love it, I'm not going to fukking play Halo Infinite there. If I didn't have a PC, I'd have to buy a PC or Xbox to play it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's deceiving because it presupposes that the alternative is an acceptable compromise.
How is streaming not an acceptable compromise?

You said yourself that it was a very acceptable and even impressive way to play games.
Let's not get too deep into that as you know streaming =/= native playing. It can be viable for some but it ain't the same. Vegan chicken wings can be really good but some would argue it's still not the same. :troll:
I never argued it was the same. In fact I said that all platforms are different. Hell I’m willing to bet Streaming Xbox games gets you better performance than you would have if they were ported to switch. But you wouldn’t call switch ports a non-viable way to play games :ufdup:

That’s up to the individual user. People chose what/where/how they want to play games. Microsoft is offering access to a large majority of people from the most casual to the most hardcore.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Quote one post of me saying “it’s the same thing”

Ironically it’s your Sony stan dap buddy @Fatboi1 that’s been singing the praises of game streaming for years.

But now somehow all that’s out the window cause y’all wanna reach for a criticism of Xbox.

Sony stans :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is streaming not an acceptable compromise?

You said yourself that it was a very acceptable and even impressive way to play games.
It can be for certain games or in a pinch. Some gamers will find it fine, some won't. Me, the only time I've played a game on a streaming service and felt it was REALLY good was Hotline Miami 2 on Stadia. I won't play AAA or big MP games on a streaming service. It's not the same man.

I never argued it was the same. In fact I said that all platforms are different. Hell I’m willing to bet Streaming Xbox games gets you better performance than you would have if they were ported to switch. But you wouldn’t call switch ports a non-viable way to play games :ufdup:
I'm not tethered to an internet connection to play said game on my Switch. I'm at work right now and would get pretty bad performance trying to stream a game on it whereas if it' native that goes away. Not the same.

That’s up to the individual user. People chose what/where/how they want to play games. Microsoft is offering access to a large majority of people from the most casual to the most hardcore.
Yes, people choose and some won't choose until it's the way they want it. Lol you're acting like I can play Halo Infinite on my PS5 or PS4.

Uncharted and God of War coming to PC is a real choice. Offering that shyt on PS Now to play on PC is laughable. It's some poverty shyt lol.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It can be for certain games or in a pinch. Some gamers will find it fine, some won't. Me, the only time I've played a game on a streaming service and felt it was REALLY good was Hotline Miami 2 on Stadia. I won't play AAA or big MP games on a streaming service. It's not the same man.
You said street fighter was good when you were stanning PS4 :martin:
And besides, that’s just YOUR opinion. It doesn’t change the fact the games are easily accessible to the large majority of people who want to play games.

I'm not tethered to an internet connection to play said game on my Switch. I'm at work right now and would get pretty bad performance trying to stream a game on it whereas if it' native that goes away. Not the same.
Now we back arguing for the dudes on submarines:mjlol:

It’s obvious you need an internet connection. Most games these days need one in some way.

Yes, people choose and some won't choose until it's the way they want it. Lol you're acting like I can play Halo Infinite on my PS5 or PS4.
No I’m not. You just have Sony stuck on the brain so you think the gaming world revolves around that one platform.

I’m acting like you can play halo infinite on all types of devices that most people already have.

Uncharted and God of War coming to PC is a real choice. Offering that shyt on PS Now to play on PC is laughable. It's some poverty shyt lol.
Now streaming has gone from “impressive” “very good” “no issues” “as if I was playing natively”

To

“Poverty shyt”

Contradict yourself for stan wars Sony stan brehs :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You said street fighter was good when you were stanning PS4 :martin:
And? Did I say the FGC or online play on SFIV is fine on the Vita? I literally played it for like 2 minutes in training. Proof of concept.

And besides, that’s just YOUR opinion. It doesn’t change the fact the games are easily accessible to the large majority of people who want to play games.

Now we back arguing for the dudes on submarines:mjlol:

It’s obvious you need an internet connection. Most games these days need one in some way.

No I’m not. You just have Sony stuck on the brain so you think the gaming world revolves around that one platform.

I’m acting like you can play halo infinite on all types of devices that most people already have.

Now streaming has gone from “impressive” “very good” “no issues” “as if I was playing natively”

To

“Poverty shyt”

Contradict yourself for stan wars Sony stan brehs :mjlol:

You need some butter because you're twisting yourself into a pretzel:mjlol:.

You can continue on switching up what I said to make it look like I'm saying something else though.:ehh:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And? Did I say the FGC or online play on SFIV is fine on the Vita? I literally played it for like 2 minutes in training. Proof of concept.
You keep making up random nonsense. Proof a concept means it works, which is all I ever said.

You need some butter because you're twisting yourself into a pretzel:mjlol:.

You can continue on switching up what I said to make it look like I'm saying something else though.:ehh:
I have not switched anything. I posted direct quotes from you.