Director of Ori 1 & 2 calls out Microsoft for their double speak regarding exclusivity

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Meach had to have done a bump before posting that. :dwillhuh:
How so?

Without Microsoft the games wouldn’t be able to be played for ~$10 on dozens of platforms.

Sony was even negotiating to make starfield exclusive.

The games definitely would have had a smaller reach if Microsoft didn’t buy Bethesda.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How so?

Without Microsoft the games wouldn’t be able to be played for ~$10 on dozens of platforms.

Sony was even negotiating to make starfield exclusive.

The games definitely would have had a smaller reach if Microsoft didn’t buy Bethesda.

how is removing an entire customer base (that you sold the most units on by the way), expanding the reach???? :dwillhuh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
console gamers don't go on pc like that. you know this. :comeon:
Funny how the narratives change. I always thought y’all said Xbox games being on pc ment that people don’t have to buy an Xbox. Now your story has changed.

But I wasn’t just talking about PC. The games can be streamed to a multitude of different devices.

If you are sitting at home, and you see a commercial for Forza and you are interested, you can pretty much be playing Forza within minutes for around $10 without buying any new hardware.

That’s amazing reach that we have not seen before in gaming. Not being on PlayStation consoles doesn’t change that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Funny how the narratives change. I always thought y’all said Xbox games being on pc ment that people don’t have to buy an Xbox. Now your story has changed.

But I wasn’t just talking about PC. The games can be streamed to a multitude of different devices.

If you are sitting at home, and you see a commercial for Forza and you are interested, you can pretty much be playing Forza within minutes for around $10 without buying any new hardware.

That’s amazing reach that we have not seen before in gaming. Not being on PlayStation consoles doesn’t change that.

Huh?
Nobody playing games like Forza, COD on phones dog. Console and PC/Tablet for those shyts.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Huh?
Nobody playing games like Forza, COD on phones dog. Console and PC/Tablet for those shyts.
Some people are, Microsoft has done specific mobile touch and control schemes to make it more comfortable and enjoyable, and it’s not just phones and tablets.

It’s laptops and PCs too. And will soon be TVs and streaming boxes.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some people are, Microsoft has done specific mobile touch and control schemes to make it more comfortable and enjoyable, and it’s not just phones and tablets.

It’s laptops and PCs too. And will soon be TVs and streaming boxes.
If I was a kid and my parents handed me a phone to play an Xbox game... I'd play that shyt because fukk I look like getting my ass beat :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If I was a kid and my parents handed me a phone to play an Xbox game... I'd play that shyt because fukk I look like getting my ass beat :mjlol:
If you were a kid and there was no way in hell your parents are gonna buy you a new console you’d gladly stream the new Halo on whatever screen you have. That’s if you really want to play it.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you were a kid and there was no way in hell your parents are gonna buy you a new console you’d gladly stream the new Halo on whatever screen you have. That’s if you really want to play it.

Playing games via streaming isnt viable. It may as well not exist to people who are even semi-serious about playing games.

I have tried all of the major ones over the past couple of years just to see where they are at. Once the initial ‘Oh, its kinda cool how this works’ feeling wears off, you realize that you will never play a game like this.

Maybe, for some people who have fiber or similar connections and are close to their ISP servers and are close to whichever streaming service houses its server database its usable. But lets be real, even in that case just general home and external network fluctuations will dampen the experience.

I had a crew of Halo players, im talking 100s of hours of playing Halo MP each title. For the ones who don’t have an Xbox or PC, none of them are looking to stream it via Geforce Now or the Xbox Cloud. Its not viable.

Back to the original thread post, Moon Studios is full of shyt and Xbox is full of shyt.

Obviously, Phil and Xbox care about exclusives. Anything else they try to sell you is bullshyt and its just proof that you shouldn’t take these guys who represent brands at face value. They say things and make moves that are in the best interest of their business. Period. That is what they are supposed to do.

Moon Studios is dumb for even pretending like it would or should be any different. Them going with Private Division for the freedom to make multi-platform games is in their best interest. That is what they are supposed to do.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Playing games via streaming isnt viable. It may as well not exist to people who are even semi-serious about playing games.

I have tried all of the major ones over the past couple of years just to see where they are at. Once the initial ‘Oh, its kinda cool how this works’ feeling wears off, you realize that you will never play a game like this.

Maybe, for some people who have fiber or similar connections and are close to their ISP servers and are close to whichever streaming service houses its server database its usable. But lets be real, even in that case just general home and external network fluctuations will dampen the experience.

I had a crew of Halo players, im talking 100s of hours of playing Halo MP each title. For the ones who don’t have an Xbox or PC, none of them are looking to stream it via Geforce Now or the Xbox Cloud. Its not viable.

Back to the original thread post, Moon Studios is full of shyt and Xbox is full of shyt.

Obviously, Phil and Xbox care about exclusives. Anything else they try to sell you is bullshyt and its just proof that you shouldn’t take these guys who represent brands at face value. They say things and make moves that are in the best interest of their business. Period. That is what they are supposed to do.

Moon Studios is dumb for even pretending like it would or should be any different. Them going with Private Division for the freedom to make multi-platform games is in their best interest. That is what they are supposed to do.
Lots of people playing games through streaming.

Y’all have to stop pretending enthusiast opinions are universal.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The guy has a pie in the sky utopian vision that will probably not happen unless you game on PC - even then Nintendo is MIA.

Microsoft, in my opinion, is doing a lot to make games accessible including a cheaper next gen hardware as well as Xcloud and Game Pass.

Sony is already executing their strategy including PC and consolidating their current PSNow and PS+ services.

I haven't been into gaming for a while - last gaming system was 360.

I appreciate the consoling wars and take it for what it is - ribbing and one upmanship.

One thing I can categorical state is if you're fortunate to enjoy this expensive hobby - be extremely appreciative for what I feel is going to be an incredible gen.

Now please resume your consoling warring bs.

Fck you ponies and bots.

:russ:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Dudes talking about their streaming experience wasn't good. What the hell was y'all using? I was in Disney World at the airport playing Psychonauts 2 lagless as fukk with no issues at all. Completed a couple of games with no lag. shyt MLB The Show plays amazing on Xcloud.

I just think some of you dudes talking shyt.