Director of Ori 1 & 2 calls out Microsoft for their double speak regarding exclusivity

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What’s funny about the whole shyt is Sony and Nintendo get all the praise in the world for exclusive games. Supposedly that’s what makes them so great. Sony even goes and pays devs specifically to cut content from other platforms.

But somehow Microsoft is the bad guy for not putting their games on PlayStation, even though they offer the most access to their games out of anyone through PC, Streaming, Gamepass etc. it’s fairly easy to get your hands on an Xbox game and you don’t have to buy specific hardware to do so.

As for this guys comments. All devs want all their games to be played by everyone. “Exclusives” go against that idea to their core. But on the flip side you need money and advertising for a successful game and signing an exclusive deal is sometimes the best and only way to do so.

He’s saying they decided to go multiplat for their next game so they can reach more people, but he neglected to mention that there probably wouldn’t be a “next game” if Microsoft didn’t take a chance on them and put up the money for the first two.

Wish them luck, but this comment should have stayed in his brain:smh:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
What’s funny about the whole shyt is Sony and Nintendo get all the praise in the world for exclusive games. Supposedly that’s what makes them so great. Sony even goes and pays devs specifically to cut content from other platforms.

But somehow Microsoft is the bad guy for not putting their games on PlayStation, even though they offer the most access to their games out of anyone through PC, Streaming, Gamepass etc. it’s fairly easy to get your hands on an Xbox game and you don’t have to buy specific hardware to do so.

As for this guys comments. All devs want all their games to be played by everyone. “Exclusives” go against that idea to their core. But on the flip side you need money and advertising for a successful game and signing an exclusive deal is sometimes the best and only way to do so.

He’s saying they decided to go multiplat for their next game so they can reach more people, but he neglected to mention that there probably wouldn’t be a “next game” if Microsoft didn’t take a chance on them and put up the money for the first two.

It's pie in the sky, bleeding-heart bullshyt. He gonna say all that after Xbox cut the check TWICE :stopitslime:. I was about to reply to him but I be getting banned over the smallest shyt so don't want to bother with it :francis: . MS would be idiots to do what's he suggesting yet they've still been the most progressive in this regard.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It's pie in the sky, bleeding-heart bullshyt. He gonna say all that after Xbox cut the check TWICE :stopitslime:. I was about to reply to him but I be getting banned over the smallest shyt so don't want to bother with it :francis: . MS would be idiots to do what's he suggesting yet they've still been the most progressive in this regard.

And yet the Vice President of gaming can’t stop talking about how he hates exclusivity, go figure :mjlol:

I don’t think any of the CEO’s at Nintendo or SIE are virtue signaling about their need for exclusive content.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And yet the Vice President of gaming can’t stop talking about how he hates exclusivity, go figure :mjlol:

I don’t think any of the CEO’s at Nintendo or SIE are virtue signaling about their need for exclusive content.
And he’s done nothing but remove barriers of entry since he got in that position.

Today, anyone who wants to play an Xbox game pretty much can without buying any new hardware to do so.

Just gotta draw the line at putting the games on a platform who’s business strategy is content attrition.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And he’s done nothing but remove barriers of entry since he got in that position.

Today, anyone who wants to play an Xbox game pretty much can without buying any new hardware to do so.

Just gotta draw the line at putting the games on a platform who’s business strategy is content attrition.

Spend 8 billion dollars to specifically take content off the biggest selling hardware = removing barriers of entry

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More people have access to Bethesda games now, than they would have if Microsoft did not buy them
This is not the same as the bolded below:

If someone has a PS5 or even a Switch you can't just say "Play any xbox game without buying new hardware."

It's very deceiving to say so. If you told a child this and then said "Well you need an Xbox OR a PC..." then a mere child would say this is a lie.

It would be like Nintendo saying "Today anyone who wants to play Mario can do so without buying new hardware!" while only providing a few F2P games on mobile stores.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is not the same as the bolded below:

If someone has a PS5 or even a Switch you can't just say "Play any xbox game without buying new hardware."

It's very deceiving to say so. If you told a child this and then said "Well you need an Xbox OR a PC..." then a mere child would say this is a lie.

It would be like Nintendo saying "Today anyone who wants to play Mario can do so without buying new hardware!" while only providing a few F2P games on mobile stores.
With this you are pretending just cause a person has a Nintendo or a PS5 they have no other platforms that could play an Xbox game.

Pretty much everyone that would be interested in an Xbox game has a Phone, Tablet, PC, old Xbox, etc

hell they are even gonna bring Xcloud to TVs and streaming boxes.

Out of all publishers Microsoft is making its games most accessible for the most amount of people. From both a pricing and platform standpoint.

Not being on 1 or 2 platforms doesn’t change that.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With this you are pretending just cause a person has a Nintendo or a PS5 they have no other platforms that could play an Xbox game.
This is moving the goal post. I didn't talk about overlap, I just said saying practically anyone can play an Xbox game without buying new hardware is a bit deceptive.

The "other platform" is a PC which again by it's nature is another beast in and of it self. As a fairly competent PC gamer, I know for a fact it's not the same just playing games on PC as it is on consoles.

Pretty much everyone that would be interested in an Xbox game has a Phone, Tablet, PC, old Xbox, etc
This is assuming said platform is somehow adequate enough to enjoy. Would a random person who wants to play Halo Infinite MP really be content streaming it on a phone or tablet? An "old xbox" is not a separate platform, it's still an Xbox.

Fortnite is the best example of a game that literally can be played practically everywhere. Phone, tablet, PC/laptop and all major gaming platforms going back to last gen.

Anyone who wants to play Horizon Forbidden West can play it as they have an "old Playstation" is the way you sound which would sound crazy to anyone.

hell they are even gonna bring Xcloud to TVs and streaming boxes.

Out of all publishers Microsoft is making its games most accessible for the most amount of people. From both a pricing and platform standpoint.

Not being on 1 or 2 platforms doesn’t change that.
The statement "anyone who wants to play an Xbox game can do so without buying new hardware" is misleading. A Playstation 5 or Switch owner is not getting the same content and even if they have say a phone or tablet, it's not the same thing.

You're talking as if Playstation is some small share of the market.

Anyone who has a PC can emulate a NIntendo Switch but I'd be crazy to pretend it's desirable let alone adequate enough.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is moving the goal post. I didn't talk about overlap, I just said saying practically anyone can play an Xbox game without buying new hardware.
The "other platform" is a PC which again by it's nature is another beast in and of it self.

This is assuming and this is assuming said platform is somehow adequate enough to enjoy. Would a random person who wants to play Halo Infinite MP really be content streaming it on a phone or tablet? An "old xbox" is not a separate platform, it's still an Xbox.

Anyone who wants to play Horizon Forbidden West can play it as they have an "old Playstation" is the way you sound.

The statement "anyone who wants to play an Xbox game can do so without buying new hardware" is misleading. A Playstation 5 or Switch owner is not getting the same content and even if they have say a phone or tablet, it's not the same thing.

Anyone who has a PC can emulate a NIntendo Switch but I'd be crazy to pretend it's desirable let alone adequate enough.

Yep, its also taking into consideration that persons internet connection/ISP/Datacaps, just to stream a game they could have bought before.

Between switch and ps4/ps5 there are well over 200m people who lost access to games they could play only months ago, like doom, elder scrolls, fallout etc.

I mean, charge it to the game but the grand standing about hating exclusive and all this shyt is phony as fukk

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep, its also taking into consideration that persons internet connection/ISP/Datacaps, just to stream a game they could have bought before.

Between switch and ps4/ps5 there are well over 200m people who lost access to games they could play only months ago, like doom, elder scrolls, fallout etc.

I mean, charge it to the game but the grand standing about hating exclusive and all this shyt is phony as fukk
I didn't even think of that too.

I roll my eyes when these guys champion streaming games to barely playable platforms like phones/tablets as some sort of alternative to not buying an Xbox or building a PC. It can come in handy in a pinch but someone who seriously wants to play a game there isn't going to have remotely the same experience. It's a novelty feature that can come in handy once in a while but I would not seriously play any FPS or game requiring fast input on a streaming device on a small screen.

Come on man let's be real lol.

Oh and the exclusive downing is fake as you say. It changes with the flow of the wind.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is moving the goal post. I didn't talk about overlap, I just said saying practically anyone can play an Xbox game without buying new hardware.
The "other platform" is a PC which again by it's nature is another beast in and of it self.
Practically anyone with interest in gaming has a Tablet, Phone, PC, Old Xbox, TV, Streaming box:stopitslime:

This is assuming and this is assuming said platform is somehow adequate enough to enjoy. Would a random person who wants to play Halo Infinite MP really be content streaming it on a phone or tablet? An "old xbox" is not a separate platform, it's still an Xbox.
That’s up to the user. You can engage at the level you want to. Same as some people chose not to upgrade their console or PC hardware. The performance may not be ideal but again it’s up to the individuals level of enthusiasm/pockets.

Anyone who wants to play Horizon Forbidden West can play it as they have an "old Playstation" is the way you sound.
It’s one of the few games Sony has put out on multiple platforms, but it’s still more restricted in that it can’t be played on mobile devices(and streaming to PC maybe??)

No platform is “the same thing”

People chose their platform according to their own wants and needs. Microsoft is offering their games on the overwhelming majority of platforms people play games on. Most people already own one of said platforms. So no, the average person would not have to buy new hardware to play an Xbox game.

You keep making these dumb ass comparisons. :mjlol:

can’t compare a fan made emulator to where a publisher chooses to release their games :stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't even think of that too.

I roll my eyes when these guys champion streaming games to barely playable platforms like phones/tablets as some sort of alternative to not buying an Xbox or building a PC. It can come in handy in a pinch but someone who seriously wants to play a game there isn't going to have remotely the same experience. It's a novelty feature that can come in handy once in a while but I would not seriously play any FPS or game requiring fast input on a streaming device on a small screen.

Come on man let's be real lol.
Sony, Stadia Nintendo and all these other companies offering streaming games/services.

Millions of people playing said games.

But somehow according to Coli Sony stans streaming is not a viable way to access Microsoft games.

Sony stans wild :mjlol: