Digital Foundry compares Control on Xbox Series X and PS5

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You added

you made that part up :ufdup:

The game is not CPU bound so that distinction doesn’t matter. Both have more than enough CPU. But if the game was bottlenecked by the CPU the Xbox would perform even better because it has the stronger cpu
I said the difference wouldn’t be as large. But there would be a difference. How is that lying?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I said the difference wouldn’t be as large. But there would be a difference. How is that lying?
You pulled it out of your ass and it’s based on a faulty premise. But you tried to pass it off as something dude said or implied in his comment:ufdup:

If the Xbox has a stronger CPU, how would a CPU bound situation make the difference less??

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You pulled it out of your ass and it’s based on a faulty premise. But you tried to pass it off as something dude said or implied in his comment:ufdup:

If the Xbox has a stronger CPU, how would a CPU bound situation make the difference less??
The difference in cpu strength is less than GPU strength. Like I said before it would be a difference. I don’t think it would be as drastic as it shows in these tests tho. shyt u can even see that one heavy scene where the Xbox and PS5 are like one fps difference. I think the differences would be variable and based on what’s going on on the screen. With Xbox on top most of the time.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The difference in cpu strength is less than GPU strength. Like I said before it would be a difference. I don’t think it would be as drastic as it shows in these tests tho. shyt u can even see that one heavy scene where the Xbox and PS5 are like one fps difference. I think the differences would be variable and based on what’s going on on the screen. With Xbox on top most of the time.
Again how does this make sense if the game is not CPU bound and the Xbox has a stronger CPU anyway

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

If the Xbox has a stronger CPU, how would
Again how does this make sense if the game is not CPU bound and the Xbox has a stronger CPU anyway

The CPU helps to feed data and distribute data throughout the entire system. In scenarios where the CPU is able to perfectly distribute data without any bottlenecks (like a ‘static’ scene in photo-mode) to the GPU, you can get results such as this photo-mode test.

CPU clock speed is one aspect of CPU performance. CPU cache sizes (measured in KB or MB) and cache speeds, and cache layouts have impact as well. So just looking at CPU A that has 3.6ghz vs CPU B which has 3.5ghz isnt the best way to determine which is better.

GPU cache sizes and cache layouts have impact on runtime performance.

There are lots of moving parts to get games rendered in realtime.

Anyways, yes, its just a theory that I have which is backed up by framerate analysis of next-gen games released so far where PS5 performs similarly or better at comparable settings.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The CPU helps to feed data and distribute data throughout the entire system. In scenarios where the CPU is able to perfectly distribute data without any bottlenecks (like a ‘static’ scene in photo-mode) to the GPU, you can get results such as this photo-mode test.

CPU clock speed is one aspect of CPU performance. CPU cache sizes (measured in KB or MB) and cache speeds, and cache layouts have impact as well. So just looking at CPU A that has 3.6ghz vs CPU B which has 3.5ghz isnt the best way to determine which is better.

GPU cache sizes and cache layouts have impact on runtime performance.

There are lots of moving parts to get games rendered in realtime.

Anyways, yes, its just a theory that I have which is backed up by framerate analysis of next-gen games released so far where PS5 performs similarly or better at comparable settings.
The game is not CPU bound on the consoles. The drops are due to the GPU.

And the Xbox has more CPU anyway.

I’m not sure how you look at those two facts and come to this backwards ass conclusion:mindblown: