Digital Foundry compares Control on Xbox Series X and PS5

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
:what: son are u retarded? I have a PS5 and a PC. I don’t even have a Series X and don’t want one. What the photo mode is is essentially a benchmark. It basically exposes the difference in performance if the Quality Ray Tracing mode was unlocked FPS. It kills the argument that the Series X isn’t powerful enough to run the game as well as PS5. Which is why it’s relevant in this thread. The PS5 is pure fire to me. But these lil minuscule wins can be had on both sides of the fence if nikkas wanna split hairs. There is obviously a bug in the Series X version of the game that’s causing the drops. It is what it is tho. Carry on. Lol

Oh .... my bad brother

Sony Stans :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In photo mode, the scene is already rendered. Its less dynamic. There is less strain on the CPU and I/O (including SSD and memory caches).

This is purely a GPU benchmark. If games only required GPUs to run, you would see this type of difference in performance.

The 16% average difference lines up with the GPU spec difference. What we are seeing here are benefits of increased memory bandwidth and higher CU count. When isolating just the GPU, Xbox Series X is tangibly superior.

However, outside of photo-mode, in real gaming conditions, you have to account for other areas of the system design that would stall your GPU. CPU speeds, CPU and GPU cache sizes/speed, moving things in and out of memory, API (tools) etc, as the game is being rendered on the fly.
You made all this up :mjlol:

If the frame rates are unlocked Xbox one will perform better period.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You made all this up :mjlol:

If the frame rates are unlocked Xbox one will perform better period.
No he didn’t he’s actually right. Lol. Someone who debugged the game themselves even in the comment section confirms what he’s saying. There’s still a difference but it would be as large in like for like scenarios. Either the way it proves X Box is clearly capable of running the game just as well and better than PS5.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No he didn’t he’s actually right. Lol. Someone who debugged the game themselves even in the comment section confirms what he’s saying. There’s still a difference but it would be as large in like for like scenarios. Either the way it proves X Box is clearly capable of running the game just as well and better than PS5.
No, you made this up now. :mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Don’t understand anything but stanning brehs :mjlol:

We understand the excuses. When it comes to juelz, ya'll drop dem jewels.

CriminalBouncyHalicore-size_restricted.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So now I’m lying? Lol.

You added
There’s still a difference but it would be as large in like for like scenarios
you made that part up :ufdup:

The game is not CPU bound so that distinction doesn’t matter. Both have more than enough CPU. But if the game was bottlenecked by the CPU the Xbox would perform even better because it has the stronger cpu

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You added

you made that part up :ufdup:

The game is not CPU bound so that distinction doesn’t matter. Both have more than enough CPU. But if the game was bottlenecked by the CPU the Xbox would perform even better because it has the stronger cpu

Why theoreticize the game is out, it doesn’t do that and this is what we have. This is information for people who own both platforms and want the best version. You gotta tuck your feelings and let it go