NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
:laff:
Control Ultimate Edition's photo mode doubles up as a ray tracing benchmark

Xbox actually proves to be the more powerful system with a better framerate if they were unlocked.

The small drops on the Xbox side are a bug, not evidence of the performance of the two systems in relation to each other.

Try again Sony stan dummies :mjlol:

I was JUST gonna come post this and tell nikkas to stop all the bragging. Lmao.

Brother @Gizmo_Duck look what it’s come to for these nikkaz

Have you ever in your life anywhere on earth heard people brag about the performance in a photo mode ?

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:laff:

Brother @Gizmo_Duck look what it’s come to for these nikkaz

Have you ever in your life anywhere on earth heard people brag about the performance in a photo mode ?

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
:what: son are u retarded? I have a PS5 and a PC. I don’t even have a Series X and don’t want one. What the photo mode is is essentially a benchmark. It basically exposes the difference in performance if the Quality Ray Tracing mode was unlocked FPS. It kills the argument that the Series X isn’t powerful enough to run the game as well as PS5. Which is why it’s relevant in this thread. The PS5 is pure fire to me. But these lil minuscule wins can be had on both sides of the fence if nikkas wanna split hairs. There is obviously a bug in the Series X version of the game that’s causing the drops. It is what it is tho. Carry on. Lol

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Control Ultimate Edition's photo mode doubles up as a ray tracing benchmark

Xbox actually proves to be the more powerful system with a better framerate if they were unlocked.

The small drops on the Xbox side are a bug, not evidence of the performance of the two systems in relation to each other.

Try again Sony stan dummies :mjlol:

This was a very interesting video.

As they stated, its an academic benchmark and it isn’t indicative of real gameplay.

In photo mode, the scene is already rendered. Its less dynamic. There is less strain on the CPU and I/O (including SSD and memory caches).

This is purely a GPU benchmark. If games only required GPUs to run, you would see this type of difference in performance.

The 16% average difference lines up with the GPU spec difference. What we are seeing here are benefits of increased memory bandwidth and higher CU count. When isolating just the GPU, Xbox Series X is tangibly superior.

However, outside of photo-mode, in real gaming conditions, you have to account for other areas of the system design that would stall your GPU. CPU speeds, CPU and GPU cache sizes/speed, moving things in and out of memory, API (tools) etc, as the game is being rendered on the fly.

This is why game performance is so close so far in next-gen games. Because the sense that I am getting is that the PS5 is a better designed system overall...more balanced.

I would like to point out that there was a scene in this new DF video(3:47) where the PS5 was rendering an extra RT reflection...but still, any differences I noticed between the two really only show up under intense scrutiny and could be just a result of video capture differences.

The last part of the video showing how the consoles stack up against RDNA2 GPUs and Nvidia GPUs is interesting. Consoles performing similarly to 2070 Super this early, on a port done by a small section within a small team, bodes well for the future. Also, the 6800xt performance is bad. Its essentially the same as the consoles. AMD doesnt get any love in terms of optimization on the PC side.

Last edited: