Didn't know that SSD Hard Drives Made this big of a difference!!! :damn:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
So for the PCs, what's the best way to copy everything I have right now to an SSD and swap it? I"m sure I'd have to reinstall Windows, but I have a ton of programs where I don't have the disk and have no idea how i'd install them again. :sadcam:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So for the PCs, what's the best way to copy everything I have right now to an SSD and swap it? I"m sure I'd have to reinstall Windows, but I have a ton of programs where I don't have the disk and have no idea how i'd install them again. :sadcam:
you can 'clone' your current drive to the ssd

http://lifehacker.com/5837543/how-to-migrate-to-a-solid-state-drive-without-reinstalling-windows

personally I think it's better to just reinstall everything though :yeshrug:

I'm not sure what programs you have, but you should be able to find most of them again. it's also an opportunity to think about which ones you actually use and need

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
you can 'clone' your current drive to the ssd

http://lifehacker.com/5837543/how-to-migrate-to-a-solid-state-drive-without-reinstalling-windows

personally I think it's better to just reinstall everything though :yeshrug:

I'm not sure what programs you have, but you should be able to find most of them again. it's also an opportunity to think about which ones you actually use and need

yeah can use it as an excuse to kind of cleanse your computer of hte bull shyt you never use too

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i been wanting do this for my macbook for 2 yrs now

a 1 tb has got to be a decent price by now right?

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
Just threw a 500 gig SSD in my ps4 and :wow:

the load times and downloads from the disc to the hard drive is SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED. This is nuts. :damn:

Definitely getting another around black friday/birthday time frame.

Special shout out to the brehs @Liquid @The Fukin Prophecy @Ciggavelli @itsyoung!! for the advice.....

:wow:
Is there any other benefit other than saving a few seconds of load time?

:ehh:

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
ssd's are cheap enough to make the upgrade. if you own a pc and still on hdd, you owe it to yourself to make your boot drive a ssd. even if its 120gb, just do it. i was debating on upgrading my 256gb samsung 830 to a bigger drive, but i came across someone on craigslist selling the exact model for $130. talked her down to $120 and now im flying on raid 0 :jawalrus:
Did u get her drawls tho?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Is there any other benefit other than saving a few seconds of load time?

:ehh:
"few seconds" severely understates the performance of a SSD. In some cases it can take a full minute off. Secondly it also helps with loading applications too. Applications will open significantly smoother and faster.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
another 'benefit' is it has no moving parts, so it's completely silent. that also means it won't fail due to various mechanical issues like a traditional hard-drive

Last edited: