Didn't know that SSD Hard Drives Made this big of a difference!!! :damn:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i got a Samsung 256 SSD last year for my PC...boot time without my HDD hooked up is silly.
it would boot up before the windows splash screen was done.
once i installed the HDD it would boot up a couple of seconds after the windows splash screen and when i hook up my external HDD it takes a little longer.

the more HDD's you have hooked up for storage the longer it takes to boot because your PC is verifying the integrity of all of the drives.

soon the price will come down to the point where we can have 1TB SSD's for what we are paying for 1TB HDD's...can't wait.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like how much difference? I found the load and install times in ps4 to be perfectly fine.

Car reference, it'd be like going from...

c430322a.jpg
to
2014-cadillac-cts-sedan-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-509266-s-429x262.jpg

If we're talking females, it's going from...

article-1125006-031EE8F4000005DC-263_233x329.jpg
to
tumblr_n63vb8y79Y1rjk0t4o1_500.jpg

It's a big upgrade, breh.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I got two in my PC now. OS and pretty much all my games on SSD is that good life :blessed:

i've got OS, Adobe Suite, Steam, Uplay (:scusthov:) and all my games on the SSD.
media all goes on my HHD :ahh:.

PC boots up like :lawd:
games boot up like :ohlawd:
load times in between chapters like :takedat:

whenever i use someone else's PC i just :beli: at them...the ask me what's wrong...:upsetfavre:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
yep, I was 'fixing' some shyt on my mom's laptop a while back, and shyt was like torture every time I had to reboot :snoop:

dude...at my old job last year i had to fight for me and another graphic artist to get new PC's.
we were both rocking pentium 4's with 2gb or ddr2 ram :what:

finally my supervisor gave in and got us 3rd gen i7's with 8gb or ddr3 and a bullshyt GPU.
granted it was a huge step up...but then he started talking smack about how this was the best pc i've ever worked on.

i promptly laid out my home specs...i'm sure he didn't understand half of what i said but i watched him walk away with the :wtb:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
dude...at my old job last year i had to fight for me and another graphic artist to get new PC's.
we were both rocking pentium 4's with 2gb or ddr2 ram :what:

finally my supervisor gave in and got us 3rd gen i7's with 8gb or ddr3 and a bullshyt GPU.
granted it was a huge step up...but then he started talking smack about how this was the best pc i've ever worked on.

i promptly laid out my home specs...i'm sure he didn't understand half of what i said but i watched him walk away with the :wtb:
Pentium 4? :silvugh:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Pentium 4? :silvugh:

yeah...it was terrible.

when i first started working there it was even worse.
single monitor, no GPU, 2gb DDR2 ram.

i had to fight to get dual monitors, GPU and RAM upgrade.

after i got it, everyone in the place got it and my supervisor was the VERY LAST one to adopt the upgrades...i'm talking like 2 years after everyone else was riding that dual monitor wave.

he was salty for no reason other than he didn't think of it.