Didn't know that SSD Hard Drives Made this big of a difference!!! :damn:

McPiff

#goat
Daps
wait.....what? :dwillhuh:

somebody points me to the right direction i feel like i'm missing something :damn:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I should have got a SSD when I got my laptop two years ago @Liquid told me to but I ain't listen, my shyt would start up quick at first but now it takes over a minute :wow:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
So when you take out your ps4 hd and reboot with the new one it automatically installs the Sony os on it? Then playstation plus loads your saves and your purchases so you can re download?

I want to do a 2tb and go straight digital but not ssd until they drop.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
So when you take our your ps4 hd and reboot with the new one it automatically installs the Sony os on it? Then playstation plus loads your saves and your purchases so you can re download?
Make sure you upload your saves to the cloud service before getting rid of everything. I lost my sound shapes saves because of this :beli:

You can always re-download your purchases.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the arcadium isnt fukking with ssd's :why:

its 2014, usb 3.0's and ssd's are the standard..

If you don't use your computer hard like that, :manny:

I got a work laptop, that I have admin rights to, so I use that as my "primary" laptop at home.

I use my console a lot so putting one in there only made sense. I do have 2 other home laptops that will be getting upgraded with SSDs soon.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So when you take out your ps4 hd and reboot with the new one it automatically installs the Sony os on it? Then playstation plus loads your saves and your purchases so you can re download?

I want to do a 2tb and go straight digital but not ssd until they drop.

unless you have some saves that same day that you don't want to lose, your shyt is auto backed up in the cloud as a PS Plus member. You can still always download to a usb your local save files if you choose, but it's not like they take long to download from the cloud since they are just saves.

I could've downloaded the latest system software when I hooked the ps4 back up and turned it on, but I followed their instructions and put the firmware in a folder on flash drive and had it installed. But again, you can download it straight from the net. I got pretty good download speeds at home and was able to download BF4 and the expansions all in less than 2 hours.

Copying from the disc to the hard drive is much faster
Boots faster
:ahh: faster

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Thats how much i paid for each of my 256s last year :upsetfavre:
The price of SSDs are declining an insane amount. I just bought a 256 for the same price I bought a 128 last year. Almost half the price over a year's time period.

To the person who said they're unlikely to see this on console in the fuutre, the above should give you hope.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is why I would have prefered a smaller SSD to come installed into every xbox one and PS4...you add more storage later on.

The HDD will have load times will only get worse as those :flabbynsick: mechanical drives start to break down and games get more demanding.

that actually was one of their original plans (using flash memory anyway), but the price would've been too high along with minimal storage considering that all games needed to be installed to the hard drive first.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...ched-without-hard-drive-and-with-just-4gb-ram

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Y'all nikkas that's not on that SSD wave, how do you live with yourselves :scusthov:

Using a computer with a mechanical drive gives me flashbacks to Pentium 4 levels computing.. straight up PTSD

1x 256GB SSD for OS
2x 2TB HDD Media
1x 4TB HDD Media
1x 1TB Portable HDD for random shyt

Prices are a lot cheaper now compared to those of use that made the move 1+ years ago. Y'all should get on the wave. It's night and day.

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
Is it really important to get a top brand SSD (Samsung/sandisk) or will a lower brand SSD still be an upgrade over a hd from an older laptop

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
The price of SSDs are declining an insane amount. I just bought a 256 for the same price I bought a 128 last year. Almost half the price over a year's time period.

To the person who said they're unlikely to see this on console in the fuutre, the above should give you hope.

They're getting cheaper, yeah, but do you think they'll end up dropping SSD's in X1's/PS4's at any point in this gen?