Diddy “The Love Album: Off The Grid” Discussion Thread

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Not very interesting at all, felt very Khaled like, but I am thinking, what did I want a 90's throwback? Feels like everyone else's shyt, and Puff used to be the guy who lead, but he inspired all these guys, so there's that part too.

The first one had some potential. That's a 90's type track. Sampling his own shyt, that sampled another song lol Just listening to Puff talk his shyt. "we don't do that anymore"

it's cool, but not something I will be listening to much, but as a 90's kid, it's part of the game to have Puff around, doing his thing.

and that Weeknd is like 4 years old, I was playing that back in 2020.

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
I r
Not very interesting at all, felt very Khaled like, but I am thinking, what did I want a 90's throwback? Feels like everyone else's shyt, and Puff used to be the guy who lead, but he inspired all these guys, so there's that part too.

The first one had some potential. That's a 90's type track. Sampling his own shyt, that sampled another song lol Just listening to Puff talk his shyt. "we don't do that anymore"

it's cool, but not something I will be listening to much, but as a 90's kid, it's part of the game to have Puff around, doing his thing.

i respect opinions, but this is in no way a Khaled album. To me its a Puff daddy Jodeci vibe

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Did purchased a bunch of throwaways from artist and added a couple bars and adlibs to the songs

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I r

i respect opinions, but this is in no way a Khaled album. To me its a Puff daddy Jodeci vibe

There's some Puff flourishes for sure, does have some Jodeci moments

and maybe it's just that this isn't then, and then isn't now, 21 and Montana and those guys just aren't Mase and the Lox, and BIG or whoever.

Moments was dope. Liked the original Another One Of Me, but Montana and 21 aren't good for it.

It sounds like a 2020 era R&B compilation, with Puff's touch, which is fine.

Summer Walker one is pretty fire too, doesn't feel THAT much like Puff era, but I think that goes to what I am saying above. Alot of people doing 90's sounds now.

The Mary sounds like what I wanted to wear. That's a throwback sound for sure, that Puff mastered.

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I’ve only head one diddy album in my life and that’s no way out …. I have no interest to listen to. Nig who don’t make his own beats or write …. The fukk is point ?

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Props to Diddy for rocking with a Dilla beat.

I like 'I Like', but I'm not sure what they did to Mary's voice on here.