Diddy “The Love Album: Off The Grid” Discussion Thread

Razzay

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Album too mf long breh

The middle to back half def outshining the beginning though. It's some cuts on here.

But this fool thinking he the one of all people about to bring back 23-25 song albums with multiple 5-7 min tracks is hilarious.

3 of them are interludes, and theres 2-3 tracks that are less than 3 mins that are interlude vibe ie It belongs to you. So thats about 5-6 tracks that are meant for vibe or segway only to bring cohesiveness.

The long track is purposeful to the mother of his kids and probably could be a crossover record.

The vision / intent was to bring RnB back but not trying to imitate whats hot right now. Some tracks sound authentic badboy style ie Stay Awhile, Homecoming, but dont sound off to the tracks that sound modern Stay Part 1 was the only track to me that felt like it was in a 2023 pocket of whats popular today.

I would of liked more verses or rap on it but understand the goal of it being in thre RNB genre and not a copy of last train or press play. Thats tough to do. Puff could of called anyone for a feature but he stuck to his vision and he could of spit on each record but he kept his producer role.

One thing the album does have that music doesnt have today is soul and a feel good vibe. Be interesting to see how he rolls the singles out.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Album too mf long breh

The middle to back half def outshining the beginning though. It's some cuts on here.

But this fool thinking he the one of all people about to bring back 23-25 song albums with multiple 5-7 min tracks is hilarious.
This
If he trimmed this down we would've had something.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Off first listen

The record with HER is the best joint on the album

Followed by Pick Up, Moments

Teyona Taylor did her thing

Everything else is not really memorable though well produced...

There was really no memorable vocal performances with exception of the Weekend but that was for all the wrong reasons... ruined Another One for me ...

Too much autotune throughout

The record with Mary J felt like a throwaway... she deserves better

The Kim Porter record while good was a let down

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
Was expecting some originality on here but it's generic 2023 music..
Puff is basically DJ Khalid and perhaps always was.
Whats more his product is certainly nothing without the Hitmen.

Suge was right. His ego had him up in the videos.. on the albums.. and now look..

I would love to know how much he paid MTV for a lifetime achievement award as part of this role out.

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
Was expecting some originality on here but it's generic 2023 music..
Puff is basically DJ Khalid and perhaps always was.
Whats more his product is certainly nothing without the Hitmen.

Suge was right. His ego had him up in the videos.. on the albums.. and now look..

I would love to know how much he paid MTV for a lifetime achievement award as part of this role out.
PS. I was an ALLHIPHOP mod and now at age 46! - it takes something major bad or good these days for me to post.

PPS - there he is again.. Raz ...
(with the weakest product he has promoted since Cassie)
Good luck sir..

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
PS. I was an ALLHIPHOP mod and now at age 46! - it takes something major bad or good these days for me to post.

PPS - there he is again.. Raz ...
(with the weakest product he has promoted since Cassie)
Good luck sir..
You know Stevie J and them were involved right ? Puff always has hate on him. If you dont rock with it cool. But I rock with it.

If I dont like something I let it go and dont feel the need to respond.

Me as a 90’s fan got Nas and Puff Daddy dropping in 23. Lets support the culture