Did Russell Simmons sellout Hip Hop? Curtis Sc00n goes in on twitter. updated

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
A sacrifice is an offering for a higher purpose e.g. God. Black people didn't sacrifice their names. It was forcibly removed and thrown away and beat out of them.

You must be cac.

You're arguing semantics. Bad choice of words, what I meant still stands and if you didn't understand what I was trying to convey just say that and I can just try a different approach. I don't even know what a 'cac' is.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
BTW Sc00n is pretty much on the money. He didn't say Lyor is an idiot and that he didn't deliver some great results. He said had Lyor Cohen been Jermaine Jahlil Washington, Russ would not have given him that opportunity. There's a lack of respect in the back community between each other and it is permeated through every facet of life including business.

whats missing is the fact that he actually gave cohen credit for saving def jem

but then he ended it by saying wiz is on a 360 plantation

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:

You say this like people actually give their kids African names on a daily basis. A lot of people in this country either don't know, don't care, or have no intention of keeping up with a tradition and culture they are so far removed from. If you are an African American in the United States and your ancestors were slaves at one point they more than likely sacrificed their past and their names and took the names of their slave masters. Most families still have those slave names to this day. I don't see someone running around calling for everyone to drop their names and if they don't they are a sell out. No one in my family has a name attached to anything cultural significant(unless you count Michael I guess). No one cares. If this kid grows up and doesn't like the name and wants to be on some Afro-centric **** then he can do that.

This sounds sumthin like a sellout to me...far as african names that woul be crazy for me to call blacks sellouts who kept names forced on and beaten into them...its like calling a jew a sellout for not removing the serial number off they wrist...those forced names are part of our african american culture which is different from african culture....we live by different standards and have our own now based off what happened through slavery and our history here in america....are history in america hasn't been that great with white people:laugh: hasn't been that great with koreans either....maybe the fact I couldn't imagine marrying into either heightens my racial sensitivity on the asian names and white names thing that I will admit...couldn't allow my kids to be part of that.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
this thread is ass...

the dude who's responsible for a considerable amount of the nikkas you bought albums from on Def Jam, is now been turned into some fukking rasputin superpower jew.

y'all nikkas is backwards.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
What happened at def jam is what happens for any black business, we reach a certain point and because blacks have limited resources and capitol we eventually have to go see the jews or the white man.

So they just sit back, let us create what we want, get it running and popular, get in a bind where we need cash or fold and they kindly step in, give us that. Money we need in exchange for them having the majority of the power.

Until we get some nikka millionaires who aren't kissing up to cacs it will always be like this. And it won't change until we have a global reset where blacks conquer this planet and own all the resources.

There are cacs and shieks with so much money its ridiculous! The lil millions nikkas like jay z or puffy have is play money to them! Them rich nikkas get to a level where they see and recognize this. While they seem powerful to us, to a shiek or russian billionaire their money is short.

That's why them nikkas seem like they don't care and sellouts. They see how hopeless it is. They think they're the man with their 300 milli then they go to one of these countries where a jew got 300 billion!!!

Def jam needed that doe and that was the in lyor had needed.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
:childplease:

I'm so tired of this never ending attempt to portray non-blacks as foreign raiders and hijackers of no worth. Whether it's Eminem or Lyor, shyt is stupid. Lyor worked his way up like the other top dudes at Def Jam. Unlike Russell, he stayed in the music business. Yall acting like Rus got played or some shyt - last I checked he's rich as fukk, married/divorced a fine ass chick, and now walks around in slippers all day cuz he don't have to do shyt but yoga.

Blacks and Jews built hip hop, everyone knows that. Blacks had the music, many of the Jews had the start up money. Both sides ate good - well, on the executive side. The artists got fukked over by both blacks and Jews. We gonna pretend like Russell wasn't money grubbing and playing dudes? Come on, fukkouttahere with the sucker shyt.

I respect Lyor. I respect Rick. They're pioneers and worked hard. nikkas need to stop complaining about whites and Jews and go get some paper, god damn.

Powerful posting.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
What happened at def jam is what happens for any black business, we reach a certain point and because blacks have limited resources and capitol we eventually have to go see the jews or the white man.

So they just sit back, let us create what we want, get it running and popular, get in a bind where we need cash or fold and they kindly step in, give us that. Money we need in exchange for them having the majority of the power.

Until we get some nikka millionaires who aren't kissing up to cacs it will always be like this. And it won't change until we have a global reset where blacks conquer this planet and own all the resources.

There are cacs and shieks with so much money its ridiculous! The lil millions nikkas like jay z or puffy have is play money to them! Them rich nikkas get to a level where they see and recognize this. While they seem powerful to us, to a shiek or russian billionaire their money is short.

That's why them nikkas seem like they don't care and sellouts. They see how hopeless it is. They think they're the man with their 300 milli then they go to one of these countries where a jew got 300 billion!!!

Def jam needed that doe and that was the in lyor had needed.

:snoop:

where does all this jew/sheikh money conspiracy factor into the obvious fact that lyor is a college educated man, who started out as a manager, and then used his business acumen..not some jew batsignal... to work his way up the corporate ladder ?

you think there was some secret deal between the jews, polygram, def jam and they created Warren G to cover it up?

all y'all have against lyor is that he is a jew.. and some inherent belief that nikkas are helpless without white people.

if Lyor was black, y'all would treat him like Birdman

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
off-topic, lol where's CR's excellence in euro12?

I didn't know that shyt...that's crazy, the nikka Lyor came in and crushed the buildings snoop style...
Borough-code homie, THeath sides, S.London

Russell stradled the artist and business side and when you read his book (Life & Def) you realise he struggled with the two. Lyor didnt have that problem and was straight all about the business!
There are two views; one is that after the Beastie Boys break away, Rick Rubin leaving that Russ purposely moved away from that side of the business, another is that Lyor simply presented himself as the cold boss needed to run the label as a business without the emotion.
Whatever the view that fact that him and Russell are now the only two owners of the 'Def Jam brand' (they sold the label but own the brand) speaks volumes of how he managed to climb those ranks!

• Dap
Reactions: RTF

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
y'all nikkas is backwards.

That's because the whole "hip-hop" is a joke, they looted nikkas for MAD money, whitey got even more stankin rich, nikkas became portrayed, rasied and convinced to "thug life" hahahaha and at da end a da day as they say...

Whitey won.

So...that's pretty much that. Now go salivate over some "classic hip-hop album" and praise it like it means something to you.

:duck:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida

:snoop:

where does all this jew/sheikh money conspiracy factor into the obvious fact that lyor is a college educated man, who started out as a manager, and then used his business acumen..not some jew batsignal... to work his way up the corporate ladder ?

you think there was some secret deal between the jews, polygram, def jam and they created Warren G to cover it up?

all y'all have against lyor is that he is a jew.. and some inherent belief that nikkas are helpless without white people.

if Lyor was black, y'all would treat him like Birdman
[/QUOTE

It's not conspiracy, it's a easily digested fact.

Cac's, Jews, Sheiks, own ALL the resources on this planet! Which means they have ALL the money. There doesn't have to be a 'secret' deal, nikka all those labels are owned by a cac who gets backed by a Jew and maybe a sheik.

But shyt that's everything in this WORLD! nikkas don't OWN shyt! We think we own stuff but where is the actual capital coming from? Just like a nikka might think he own his house until the govt come and get him for not paying taxes....nikkas don't own shyt (same for most other people).

So Lyor waited until Def Jam was in a pickle and threatening to be bankrupt (although he had worked his way up and gained trust) then he went to what ever investor he had connections with and secured the necessary money to keep the brand going. In exchange for more control of the company.

A nikka or Russell wouldn't have the connections to pull that off! Yeah racism not as bad, and plenty of people cool with nikkas, but they ain't THAT cool with a nikka! If Russ tried to do that on his own, Def Jam would have been shut down and broke. It took Lyor going to his Jew connects and with his FACE being able to tell them as a fellow Jew to trust him and their money would be doubled or tripled plus they will have ownership in a rising stock.

Same thing with the dope game....you trying taking your ass to Mexico or S. America talking bout being the direct plug back here in America. They'll laugh your black ass outta there (not talking bout you)! Majority of the time it takes a white guy to pull those connections off.

In American business it takes a white/jewish guy to pull those moves off and those white/jewish guys are usually backed by Sheiks or Russians.

So yeah Lyor is college educated and all that other bullshyt (just like plenty of black brothers) but it's his FACE and ability to connect with that OLD money that really allowed him to make moves.

nikka you better act like you know....

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
inline_120620143772.jpg

mmmmmm hmmmmmmm

*rolls eyes and sucks teeth then walks off*

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Ya russell visited the wall just like millions of others a year, lol big deal.

And for the previous guy discrediting Lyor for being able to raise funds. Believe me im a Jewish guy with connections too and it's not as easy as you make it sound. No matter what no one is investing in you just because you're a familiar face. You have to be a great salesman and great negotiator. Those are real skills. Plenty of black guys out there doing it to. The way you guys portray black people as clueless to business and vulnerable victims is laughable and a bit racist.