Did drafting poorly ruin the Golden State Warriors dynasty?

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
The others made them the shyt. Prime Steph was dope but the others really had it. The vets helped they ass

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
It comes down to Steve Kerr not being able to coach shyt.... He took Mark Jacksons team and rode the wave. Im pretty sure things play out differently if Mark remained coach. I think They probably keep Harrison Barnes and he actually is properly developed for starters. I think KD also doesn't happen in this scenario which is fine because I feel like overall they would have a better/deeper roster. That KD shyt gutted the team and caused chaos that they still haven't recovered from. Yeah they dominated on some video game shyt and got the rings in a "win now" situation" but player development was stunted in the process and they lost key players.... then they had a chance to run it back with Poole and look.

I don't think Draymond Green is allowed to be as unhinged as he is under Mark Jackson either

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Honestly? Just because you have a top pick after the supposed “gap year” doesn’t mean you should actually use that pick and instead flip the assets for a proven commodity :manny:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
them thinking Looney is a viable center really irks me. that nikka doesn't shoot 3s, y'all gotta adapt even if you got the best shooters ever

and draymond's antics aren't as valuable as ppl think. he gets bailed out for poor play by being the loudest breh on the court.

still, i dont think shyt is over until steph leaves or retires, just like philly not done until embiid bounces

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Honestly? Just because you have a top pick after the supposed “gap year” doesn’t mean you should actually use that pick and instead flip the assets for a proven commodity :manny:
If they had actually picked a great player (and there are quite a few great players from that draft) you wouldn't be saying that
It was only an issue cause the guy the took 2nd overall is not an NBA player
That's a brutal whiff

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They chose Draymond over KD :mjlol:
This plus injuries plus loyalty in general. Enabling Draymond in particular has fukked them. Dude been more of a wrestling heel and media member than a hooper and he has suffered 0 consequences for his fukkery while taking numerous steps back offensively and no longer being the force on D. That draft got nothing to do with that...or Klay shooting like shyt and Steph lowkey shooting regular and making a horrendous decision with the series on the line last year. That said, this aint 2K. Integrating different generations of players aint easy even if they are elite. They actually went longer then they had any business doing. Gotta respect it :manny:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
It's a big reason, but a bigger reason is that the FO is incompetent across the board.

It's kind of unreasonable that we can't even build a decent team around Steph, Klay, and Dray because their scouting sucks and the team is in perpetual cap hell.

The hardest part is getting a generational superstar and a winning core, how the fukk did they fumble literally everything else?