Did Barack Obama Fail the NBA Players That Looked to Him for Advice?

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the players never wanted to boycott over this. the bucks put them in that position when they wanted to forfeit their game against the magic. the rest looked at it as "oh you'll make us look bad if we don't sit out as well." this wasn't planned, they were flying by the seat of their pants and didn't know how to get out, so they asked obama how they can best get out of this.

I think this is accurate. I doubt every player wanted to protest the entire playoffs. I think what Obama did was a great middle ground. But for a lot of people on this forum activism regarding voting doesn't count so whatever.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I think this is accurate. I doubt every player wanted to protest the entire playoffs. I think what Obama did was a great middle ground. But for a lot of people on this forum activism regarding voting doesn't count so whatever.

Because neither party truly wants police reform. Neither candidate is willing to appear as hard on leo.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because neither party truly wants police reform. Neither candidate is willing to appear as hard on leo.

Then why protest at all? If you're protesting for change, you're still relying on politicians in particular Democrats as they are historically more willing to deal with civil rights than Republicans to enact change. So I don't understand the logic in believing protest is your only avenue for change whiich at the end of the day still relies on the same political system that voting would. It makes no sense.

Protesting and voting should always be the paths needed toward enacting laws for social justice. The NBA players did both but people here want to ignore the voting part of the equation.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would he advise them to go back to dribbling when the patterns of the Civil Rights movement say them striking could've made more of a difference?

More voting centers is nice but when the devil dictates both parties agendas, now what?

The money up there is real close, and them doing this wholeheartedly would've sent waves through the peak.

Eff Obama for using his cultural cache to kneecap what could've been the start to something nationally disruptive.

He's being weaponized against progress and he's alright with it.

what are you doing personally for the cause?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The house nikka prototype, back to work. He is and has always been where he's at to protect the system of white supremacy, I'll be glad when (if ever) people realize this and get off his dikk.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then why protest at all? If you're protesting for change, you're still relying on politicians in particular Democrats as they are historically more willing to deal with civil rights than Republicans to enact change. So I don't understand the logic in believing protest is your only avenue for change whiich at the end of the day still relies on the same political system that voting would. It makes no sense.

Protesting and voting should always be the paths needed toward enacting laws for social justice. The NBA players did both but people here want to ignore the voting part of the equation.
That is not quite it.
The US governmental system is designed to slow rapid progress, the methods of enacting change, outside of every single branch being packed with like-minded vanguardists - are incredibly slow and take years to even enact, and even longer for the actual change to come about.

Popular public dissent - directed toward different areas of the government speed things up rapidly - the public pressure shifts the power into the hands of the public away from the power brokers, so to speak. It is insane to think that voting could possibly move in the same direction as a protest - you vote every 2-4 years - unless you're a person that attends local council and board meetings. But labor stoppages, large scale marches, rioting, etc. all grease the wheel and can do things like rapidly establish labor rights, education rights, end de facto segregation, force municipalities to shift funding, end entire non-enumerated Congressional powers, etc.

bill

Banned
Daps
People in here don't even know how government works. They think the executive branch makes laws. Go fukking educate yourself

bill

Banned
Daps
In here critiquing Democrats like Biden and Obama when the real enemy to racial justice are Republicans. They so soft they can't fight the real enemy.