Did anyone teach you how to play video games?

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
url
3600_hero.jpg

:flabbynsick:Naw, but this wasn't hard to figure out :flabbynsick:

url
url

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we can all agree, there is major difference from being taught how to play and someone giving you hints on how to play better.

Mario, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were the ONLY video games I needed help with. And thats because I was 3-5 years old.

I refuse for any kid 10 yrs or older to come to me with that "I don't know how to play" shyt. I smh @ my parents all the time when they ask dumb questions like "how do you control the guy."

The technology is not complicated. The controller jump from Sega Genesis to N64 is by far the realest shyt a young gamer ever had to deal with. I have no pity for nikkas that didn't have to experience that.

Bullshyt. The N64 still had a basic six button layout, while that controller LOOKS crazy as shyt it's not that significant of a departure from the SNES gamepad. They just added three more buttons and an analog stick.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Bullshyt. The N64 still had a basic six button layout, while that controller LOOKS crazy as shyt it's not that significant of a departure from the SNES gamepad. They just added three more buttons and an analog stick.

dude what? playing golden eye on that shyt is fukkn mind boggling. I tried playing like 2 yr ago and was fukkn amazed at my old hand eye coordination. It is not the same.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
old games were harder too and most of them bytches didn't even have a code to start you at a checkpoint, you had to start from level fukking 1 :laugh:.
Its like the developers were like "good luck on finishing the game you lil shyts :heh:",
but most kids were like "fukk you nikka is on :shaq:"

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude what? playing golden eye on that shyt is fukkn mind boggling. I tried playing like 2 yr ago and was fukkn amazed at my old hand eye coordination. It is not the same.

That controller is NOT as complex as you're making it out to be.

Shoulder buttons, face buttons and a D-pad/Analog stick. How is that drastically different from using an NES controller? Like I said the N64 controller looks complex as fukk, but's it's really not, nor is it a HUGE leap from the SNES controller (outside of how it looks).

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That controller is NOT as complex as you're making it out to be.

Shoulder buttons, face buttons and a D-pad/Analog stick. How is that drastically different from using an NES controller? Like I said the N64 controller looks complex as fukk, but's it's really not, nor is it a HUGE leap from the SNES controller (outside of how it looks).

Its not the controller design guy.

Its how the controller is used when playing games.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not the controller design guy.

Its how the controller is used when playing games.

It's used in the exact same way...The Z trigger is just a glorified shoulder button, the analog stick just replaces the d-pad for some games, and you got six face buttons. All nintendo did with the N64 controller was splice two controllers together, it's not like you were using ALL of those bottons and triggers a the same time.

If you take a SNES controller, slap an analog stick where the D-pad is, and ad two extra face buttons could you could play Ocarina of time on that shyt JUST like you did with the N64 controller.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's used in the exact same way...The Z trigger is just a glorified shoulder button, the analog stick just replaces the d-pad for some games, and you got six face buttons. All nintendo did with the N64 controller was splice two controllers together, it's not like you were using ALL of those bottons and triggers a the same time.

If you take a SNES controller, slap an analog stick where the D-pad is, and ad two extra face buttons could you could play Ocarina of time on that shyt JUST like you did with the N64 controller.

I didn't play Ocarina of time. And I specifically pointed out golden eye. You keep saying the z is a glorified shoulder button without realizing IT WASNT A SHOULDER BUTTON. Lol that changes everything about it. I know what I'm talking about. What are you arguing? I'm telling you that shyt was a beast when I tried to go back and play. A shyt load of people will tell you the same thing.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't play Ocarina of time. And I specifically pointed out golden eye. You keep saying the z is a glorified shoulder button without realizing IT WASNT A SHOULDER BUTTON. Lol that changes everything about it. I know what I'm talking about. What are you arguing? I'm telling you that shyt was a beast when I tried to go back and play. A shyt load of people will tell you the same thing.

No it essentially IS a shoulder button. Think about how you hold the controller and where it's placed. It's the same fukking thing, the placement of it just seems different because of how the controller is designed.

The Z trigger was used as a shoulder button for games that utilized the analog stick.

VentiQuattro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big bro would school me by beating by ass constantly with no remorse :sadcam: thats how I got better at killer instinct by him ethering me to belize so many times. I would ask for some tips hed just hit me with the I cant teach you these skills youngn :smugdraper:

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
Nah I was on my own from The Atari to The 360 now, when Nintendo first hit my cousins used to get game for me to beat I remember my 15 hour session playing Rygar, beating Contra before knowing about the infamous Konami code, going toe to toe with Mother Brain and then having to escape before the explosion. I thought I would be the best gamer in my family until my nephew held the playstation 2 controller he would always ask me to help him but the best thing I ever told him was to "figure it out." I remember him beating God of War 2 on the highest difficulty in 8 hours and doing the same with Shadow of The Colossus beating Resident Evil 5 on Professional with the A.I. partner and countless other video game feats, I was proud to pass him my family's video game torch with honor. :salute:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The N64 gamepad is one of the worst gamepads ever created. That shyt was fukking AWFUL