Did anyone teach you how to play video games?

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Taught a friend how to play COD. He use to struggle to pull a 1.0 K/D. 2 hours later he was averaging 1.5 and a month later he was nipping at my heels.

Ya'll should do it, feels good knowing someone is beastin online and enjoying a game cause you taught em.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
it depends if i wanted to be good at the game i just read the booklet back when i was younger and i taught my self

but now i ask questions regarding street fighter 4 ae so yeah i was taught how to play video games

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope, kids today stupid tho...

meh.. they just want you to show em how to do everything because I guess they don't want to fail.. but then after its done they're fukking bored.. why? because they deprived themselves of learning it themselves and having fun :manny:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
i remember the jump from 2d to 3d was tough for me, going from mario world to mario 64 was :why:...nikka was failing every jump but i eventually taught myself to perfection. But i remember the first fps on console using dual analogs (that excludes goldeneye) was Red Faction for the ps2..that shyt was rough to learn even tho i was used to pc shooters like half life ect..

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
nope, kids today stupid tho...

meh.. they just want you to show em how to do everything because I guess they don't want to fail.. but then after its done they're fukking bored.. why? because they deprived themselves of learning it themselves and having fun :manny:

That's the problem. I asked him why don't he wanna just learn on his on and he told me that he's afraid of dying and losing. Losing was probably my favorite part becuz that means I have to come up with a different strategy.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My lil cousin is tryna play Assassin's Creed 3 and every ten minutes he ask me how to do something . shyt is kinda annoying. But it got me thinking about Mario on Nintendo and I don't recall anyone teaching me. I just started playing.

So how did you nikkas learn to play video games?

Are you serious?

Just look at the controllers...

Games are WAY more complicated today than they ever have been,

You essentially compared someone teaching himself how to ride a bike to someone teaching himself how toe fly a helicopter.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Are you serious?

You essentially compared someone teaching himself how to ride a bike to someone teaching himself how toe fly a helicopter.

I didn't have a problem going from 2 buttons to 6 to 8.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
nah but i been playing since i could remember on multiple systems with all types of games

u could call me a renaissance man of games :jawalrus:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Are you serious?

there's constant tips and button prompts during combat and loading screens and not mention the long ass introduction chapters they have now. kids today are just lazy and want everything to be easy.

if they can't pay attention to glaring button prompts then they :ufdup:
LNQeIm8.png
lazy b*stards

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's constant tips and button prompts during combat and loading screens and not mention the long ass introduction chapters they have now. kids today are just lazy and want everything to be easy.

if they can't pay attention to glaring button prompts then they :ufdup:
LNQeIm8.png
lazy b*stards

That's still them being TAUGHT how to play the game. It's not some shyt they just pick up and play intuitively.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never had to get taught how to play games. It's just something you knew how to do. I really don't like going online and having to read a walkthrough for a game I'm playing. One time though as a kid I was stuck somewhere in Bomberman 64 and I remember walking a mile to the nearest blockbuster store and sat down in the aisle reading a Nintendo Power magazine with a game guide for it.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
That's still them being TAUGHT how to play the game. It's not some shyt they just pick up and play intuitively.

i'm saying the op's lil cousin shouldn't have to ask because the game is constantly telling you how to do it by giving him button prompts and tips during load screen. lil dude could have pressed start and looked at the controller layout or just looked at the upper left hand of the screen where the button user interface is, and let's not forget that these games have some sort of gps to tell you where to go and what not. these kids are just lazy now.