Did ANYONE on here grow up in the hood or projects? Or nah

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
naw. born in cleveland heights then moved to a suburb outside of toronto ontario

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yup..

Watts, Califorina
w i live in the bay area

donnelly homes in trenton,nj PATNA

Grew up down the street from the projects (Meadowbrook Apts., San Diego, CA). So officially, no.

Yep, in the hood til about 7 or 8...grew up in the nice country side...now i'm back in the hood...right around the corner from the projects...

unless projectocovo counts...that shyt was like a second daddy to me:lolbron:

Spent some of my early childhood in the hood, , moved when I was 13-14 to the burbs :ahh:

yep, im from jigga land. marcy projects

:blessed:Washington houses, East Harlem.

We all made it out tho, moved outta there at age 17 and never looked back. Would never, ever move into the jects again , can't live amongst the people there at this stage in my life

yea, probably one of the worse. But I really don't act like or speak like them nikkas.... so I'm not sure how it will relate to the shyt I say on here.

So far the cool poster to shytty poster rate is definitely related to upbringing..

However I don't really recognize all the other posters...

What i do recognize though.. Is how many nikkasT who post on here everyday NOT in this thread :patrice:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Born and raised in 2 different projects in Louisiana. Moved out of the PJs in 9 grade, to a place 1 block from some projects. This neighborhood was 5x worse than the project we lived in. Police had to put a little station right out the projects down the street from my house. There were damn near 50 people outside our door 24/7 drinking, gambling, hustling and fighting.

:damn:

we moved about 5 blocks away from there a little over a year living there.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
i spent my summers in the country as a child, but i grew up in the hood and stayed in the hood after i was grown cuz the rent is cheaper

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yeah....grew up in one of three houses across the street from the projects in Philly.

Left at 19-20 and never looked back :wow:

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
I lived on the border of Jamaica Estates and Jamaica. Grew up in a modest house but two blocks up, you had really nice houses, and two blocks down was the hood. I always felt I had the best of both worlds

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I grew up from South Union to Mo City. Stayed in Alief for a lil while too. Mo City is really a suburb a working class area with a huge black population and we thought it was a come up when we moved out there but hell, most of the cats I grew up with in Mo City were from South Park, Third Ward, and other hoods all over Houston so the hood element was still there it's just the streets were cleaner and the houses were nicer. People moved to Mo City and brought the hood element/ways right along with them.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what is the point of this thread? folks still bragging about being from the ghetto and shyt in 2013? i don't see the point because there's plenty of lames come from the ghetto. don't see how that's supposed to make me respect someone or whatever.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
what is the point of this thread? folks still bragging about being from the ghetto and shyt in 2013? i don't see the point because there's plenty of lames come from the ghetto. don't see how that's supposed to make me respect someone or whatever.

No one's bragging, we're just trying to see who's from where and their posting styles.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one's bragging, we're just trying to see who's from where and their posting styles.

what is the point? are you saying that someone from the ghetto or a certain area is supposed to act a certain way? there's plenty of people from the ghetto that are nerds, talk articulate and etc. there's plenty of idiots from the burbs that aren't shyt that you would think are from the ghetto.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
what is the point? are you saying that someone from the ghetto or a certain area is supposed to act a certain way? there's plenty of people from the ghetto that are nerds, talk articulate and etc. there's plenty of idiots from the burbs that aren't shyt that you would think are from the ghetto.

Not saying anyone is supposed to act a certain way at all. Just seeing who does what. Completely out of curiosity.