did any of y'all brehs know spiderman 3 is the highest grossing spiderman movie?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I remember thinking they should have cast Vin Diesel as Venom and made him more of a villain/foe for spiderman.

That p*ssy boy actor they cast as Venom really made me go :hhh:

Vin would be a bad choice for the Eddie parts of it though. Vin is great when you're not asking him to do much and he'd have to do a lot in that case. The one exception to that is probably Find Me Guilty, which is his best performance easily and an underrated flick but that's not the type of flick Sam was making. @Prodigal Syndicate is right tho: even with the "interference" spider man 3 is the most Sam Rami flick in the whole franchise

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah you don't need to cast an already buff guy to play Eddie.

Find the right choice and then send him on that Hollywood training course.

Look at Ben in bvs and Ben in every other day in his life :russ:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps

Oh yeah because Topher fukkin Grace was so excellent.

Vin would be a bad choice for the Eddie parts of it though. Vin is great when you're not asking him to do much and he'd have to do a lot in that case. The one exception to that is probably Find Me Guilty, which is his best performance easily and an underrated flick but that's not the type of flick Sam was making. @Prodigal Syndicate is right tho: even with the "interference" spider man 3 is the most Sam Rami flick in the whole franchise

No, they needed a script re-write. A movie focused on Venom, where he's a Bane like character.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh yeah because Topher fukkin Grace was so excellent.

No, they needed a script re-write. A movie focused on Venom, and he's like a Bane like character.

You can't introduce Venom without introducing the alien and attaching it to Peter. The whole reason the symbiotie attaches to Eddie is because they both have the same hatred and thirst for revenge against Peter and the alien feels like a scorned lover. You can't do him like Bane because Bane doesn't need batman to exist

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
You can't introduce Venom without introducing the alien and attaching it to Peter. The whole reason the symbiotie attaches to Eddie is because they both have the same hatred and thirst for revenge against Peter and the alien feels like a scorned lover. You can't do him like Bane because Bane doesn't need batman to exist

Did I fukking say you couldn't? Where did I say leave out the alien? I'm saying you need a script re-write, that implies changing major things in the film because the movie as a whole fukking sucked.

fukk the Eddie character, have Vin be pissed at Peter Parker for another reason, like Peter being unable to save Vin's family.

Then the alien attaches to Vin and then Venom goes on a terror spree and Peter has to face off against him and appeal to his human side etc.

Vin can actually be intimidating compared to Peter, not some twink lookin Topher.

point to me where i said it was?

So you would have no problem replacing that fakkit, good.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Did I fukking say you couldn't? Where did I say leave out the alien? I'm saying you need a script re-write, that implies changing major things in the film because the movie as a whole fukking sucked.

fukk the Eddie character, have Vin be pissed at Peter Parker for another reason, like Peter being unable to save Vin's family.

Then the alien attaches to Vin and then Venom goes on a terror spree and Peter has to face off against him and appeal to his human side etc.

You can do what they did with the whole thing of eddie being a reporter. That stuff isn't wrong to do. Like @Prodigal Syndicate said, you cast the actor first and then let them bulk up. Don't cast the biggest dude because he looks the part. Tom Hardy wasn't a big guy either but he bulked up for Bane and did it justice from a look and feel standpoint. The gravitas he gave to the character was due to his skill. Vin doesn't have that skill and that's no diss to Vin. I just disagree with that breh. If he ain't the best actor for the role then he shouldn't be in the part, just like I disagreed with Topher being Eddie even though I understood what Sam was going for, it just wasn't the right move to me.

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
Man, I remember as a kid when I first saw Venom in the Spider Man animated series and I was like, "Yo, this villian is so damn dope :banderas:". Many years later, when I saw the trailer for this movie and the teaser for Venom, I lost my freaking mind. I was so hype when we reached the theater to watch this movie. After the movie was done, I was in awe. I couldnt believe how they ruined one of my favorite villian/anti hero :mjcry:. I was laughing out loud when I left the theater because I couldnt comprehend what the fukk I just watched :mjgrin:.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Yeah he was going for the inverse thing. Eddie being what Peter could've been without the support system. Also Eddie in the ultimate u was around the same age and size of Peter
Yeah, that's right he was smaller in the Ultimate universe. So use to seeing him as being old school built kinda jock Eddie Brock. 90's cartoon/comic still stuck in my head.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, that's right he was smaller in the Ultimate universe. So use to seeing him as being old school built kinda jock Eddie Brock. 90's cartoon/comic still stuck in my head.
yup. he was a couple years older than peter in the very dope spectacular spider man but he was bigger because he was a football player

Daps
Reppin
UK
I was certain the symbiote would be brought back from space seeing as john Jameson was an astronaut. It shows how shoehorned in venom was that they never even contemplated it. Instead it lands right next to the only guy with superpowers in the city. Bullshyt movie man

And if you're one of those people who think the dance scenes were funny, know now that I detest thee, and will detest thee to the end of thine days

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was certain the symbiote would be brought back from space seeing as john Jameson was an astronaut. It shows how shoehorned in venom was that they never even contemplated it. Instead it lands right next to the only guy with superpowers in the city. Bullshyt movie man

And if you're one of those people who think the dance scenes were funny, know now that I detest thee, and will detest thee to the end of thine days

Yeah thats one thing that irked me about it. There were so many entry points to line it up and make it better.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
In addition to the well known problems, I think all the little, nagging issues that were papered over in the first two SMs came to a head with the third one:

- SM not cracking jokes as much
- MJ being average looking
- James Franco as Harry
- Tobey with that dumb look on his face when he about to cry.

I remember one scene where Tobey was about to cry and the whole theater bust out laughing on some "this nikka about to cry AGAIN!" :laugh: