did any of y'all brehs know spiderman 3 is the highest grossing spiderman movie?

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Had insane levels of hype. That was the one of the first movies I saw in theatres.

Same. This, fantastic 4: rise of the silver surfer, and blades of glory were my first movie experiences

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I never understood the hate spiderman 3 gets. I think people just more likely to hate on the third installation of a film series.

I actually liked the movie. I liked it better than the second as well. The ending was dope.:manny:

I'll say this. If you wanted to end spider man that's the way to do it with him forgiving his uncles killer and forgiving himself. The minute peter lets go of that guilt tho he loses his driving force to be spider man and he's not spider man anymore.

That aside tho the problems with the movie all stem from character or stagnation. Why are he and MJ having this issue? MJ was drawn as a much more mature character in the first and second movie than she was in the third. The drama with Harry and peter was never fully realized and the way Harry found out the truth was sloppy and fast. The sandman stuff with his daughter is never resolved and Gwen is used merely as a plot device for some faux beef between peter and Eddie. Plus the dance sequence

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I never understood the hate spiderman 3 gets. I think people just more likely to hate on the third installation of a film series.

I actually liked the movie. I liked it better than the second as well. The ending was dope.:manny:
I think SPM 2 is one of the greatest action movies ever...

I thought SPM3 was a fall off but I don't think it deserves the hate that it gets. It's entertaining, but I think they under utilized the the Venom storyline, but overall, I liked it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Funny enough spider man 2 is the lowest grossing of the 3 raimi films.

Venom box office power.

A well done film with venom will make bank.

The audience really propelling these cbm films grew up with venom and want to see him.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think SPM 2 is one of the greatest action movies ever...

I thought SPM3 was a fall off but I don't think it deserves the hate that it gets. It's entertaining, but I think they under utilized the the Venom storyline, but overall, I liked it.
The movie is beyond awful.

When's the last time you watched it?

Do you not remember the out of control crane scene when spider man saves Gwen Stacy and then just leaves and never actually stops the crane that's still smashing into buildings?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
The movie is beyond awful.

When's the last time you watched it?

Do you not remember the out of control crane scene when spider man saves Gwen Stacy and then just leaves and never actually stops the crane that's still smashing into buildings?
I saw it in the theaters, and I bought the blu ray maybe about 9 years ago. granted, I've probably only watched it about once since since I bought it.

I'll have to give it another spin, but I definitely didn't think it was awful, it's just the weakest of the 3.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
SM3 is the movie Sony forced Rami to direct :snoop:

I heard they made him to add in a bunch of shyt like Venom that he didn't want and rushed the production. Rami even admitted that he didn't like Venom :heh: also he wasn't involved with the casting which is why Foreman is Brock :what:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I heard they made him to add in a bunch of shyt like Venom that he didn't want and rushed the production. Rami even admitted that he didn't like Venom :heh: also he wasn't involved with the casting which is why Foreman is Brock :what:
Exactly, had they let him do what he wanted (just focus on Sandman), he probably would've made a proper Spider-Man 4 with Venom

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

As a comic book fan myself...it felt a little forced. IMO they should have made Venom and Carnage as the two main villains being that those two characters are related to one another.

The story writes itself.

First it's SPM vs Venom
Then Venom vs Carnage
Then SPM and Venom vs Carnage

^^ with the right CGI you have 3 epic battles there in NYC

Eventually SPM and Venom together defeating Carnage and leaving SPM4 with an opening for a few Venom appearances and a few more new villains

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
What they should have done is have Eddie brock appearing as just himself in a film or 2 and setting up Peter and his relationship.

Then introducing the symbiote suit in 1 film and venom in the next film.