did any of y'all brehs know spiderman 3 is the highest grossing spiderman movie?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
What they should have done is have Eddie brock appearing as just himself in a film or 2 and setting up Peter and his relationship.

Then introducing the symbiote suit in 1 film and venom in the next film.

That was the plan but studio heads got greedy, Rami was gonna do 4 too smh

Funny they did the same shyt with ASM2. ASM was a good set-up then they decided to go all out and throw in 3 villains and cameos from future ones

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Sam Raimi had a good trilogy going and the studio messed it up.
But I had worked on the story with my brother Ivan, and primarily it was a story that featured the Sandman. It was really about Peter, Mary Jane, Harry, and that new character. But when we were done, Avi Arad, my partner and the former president of Marvel at the time, said to me, Sam, you’re so, you’re not paying attention to the fans enough. You need to think about them. You’ve made two movies now with your favorite villains, and now you’re about to make another one with your favorite villains. The fans love Venom, he is the fan favorite. All Spiderman readers love Venom, and even though you came from 70s Spiderman, this is what the kids are thinking about. Please incorporate Venom, listen to the fans now. And so that’s really where I, I realized okay, maybe I don’t have the whole Spiderman universe in my head, I need to learn a little bit more about Spiderman and maybe incorporate this villain to make some of the real diehard fans of Spiderman finally happy.
Sam Raimi Interviewed – SPIDER-MAN 3
“They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually. But then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn’t really have creative control, so to speak.”
“I don’t even want to comment on Venom, because I know he’s a great character and all the fans love him. I never want to say anything bad about a much-beloved character because usually it turns out that I’m the one that doesn’t understand what makes it great.”
“The best way for me to move forward on films, I realize…and this was a lesson I had to learn for myself…is that I’ve gotta be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film.”
Sam Raimi Controls Spider-Man 4 (Unlike Spider-Man 3)

All they had to do was let him make what he wanted. Raimi was focused on doing old school Spiderman he wasn't really on the 90s type stuff of Venom and Carnage. They could have at least let the man finish out his trilogy without any meddling.

To answer OP's question. What do you mean "How Sway?" there was an insane amount of hype about Spiderman back in the day. Everybody loves Spiderman and seeing that Venom was in was more icing on the cake. Especially for kids who used to watch the cartoon and read the comics but little did we know...:smh:

It seemed like Raimi wasn't part of the casting(Eddie Brock) because Venom wasn't his original plan. So the dude from That 70's Show just got the role and they went from there. :smh:

Last edited:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Yea I was only 11 at the time and even I remember the hype it got. U guys are right about that. And I always thought the movie was fun at least. One thing I would say is at least with spiderman 3 there was closure. Peter and Harry finally made up, harry died, harry found out the truth, he forgave sandman, and him and mj got back together. Even tho there was plans for the fourth one, I'm okay with that ending. Where as with the asm2, there was so much left unanswered. So much I wanted to see. I mean the sinister six angle, how would he had cope with Gwen's death, venom, etc all that unanswered

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
SM3 is the movie Sony forced Rami to direct :snoop:

I heard they made him to add in a bunch of shyt like Venom that he didn't want and rushed the production. Rami even admitted that he didn't like Venom :heh: also he wasn't involved with the casting which is why Foreman is Brock :what:

Yes he was. It was his decision to cast topher. He said he wanted to do a mirror image of peter and go that route.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh also I'm glad the trilogy ended. Sam is great but it was time for new blood and a new vision. Avi put his vision in there as well but that doesn't excuse the poor choices Sam made with what he was given. I've said it before that studios force things on directors and that's foul. But it's on the directors to make something dope of it. At the end of the day, Sam directed and his name is on the screenplay

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I can't fully blame the studio for spider man 3

It was just as much on raimi.

It was his choice to do that with venom. In fact the venom/symbiote stuff is some of the most "raimi" shyt in the entire trilogy

And beyond that,the studio didn't force the awful uncle Ben retcon,nor having Harry as some horrible mountain dew extreme green goblin.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can't fully blame the studio for spider man 3

It was just as much on raimi.

It was his choice to do that with venom. In fact the venom/symbiote stuff is some of the most "raimi" shyt in the entire trilogy

And beyond that,the studio didn't force the awful uncle Ben retcon,nor having Harry as some horrible mountain dew extreme green goblin.

Thank you. Lol I get blaming the studio for telling him Venom had to be in it and being upset at that. Cool. But they didn't tell him to copy Burton's Batman, nor did they tell him to have a jazz performance in the middle of his film, or have the symbiotie affect peter the way it did nor did they say Harry had to be the goblin, nor did they say MJ and Pete had to go through the crap they went through and have it be so crappy, nor did they say Gwen had to be as useless as she was. Even with all that crap going on, there's a good movie to be made there

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Thank you. Lol I get blaming the studio for telling him Venom had to be in it and being upset at that. Cool. But they didn't tell him to copy Burton's Batman, nor did they tell him to have a jazz performance in the middle of his film, or have the symbiotie affect peter the way it did nor did they say Harry had to be the goblin, nor did they say MJ and Pete had to go through the crap they went through and have it be so crappy, nor did they say Gwen had to be as useless as she was. Even with all that crap going on, there's a good movie to be made there
It's easier to blame nameless suits than hold a creator responsible.

Yes,the studio forced venom in the film.

But even without venom that film is at best flawed.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Studio forced things on Burton too. He made dope out of it:manny:
I think it was James Gunn that said it about marvel,that it isn't for everybody to be able to work within that type of structure.

All Sony wanted was venom. And they were right,venom is something people want. :manny:

Raimi thought he could do it. He failed.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think it was James Gunn that said it about marvel,that it isn't for everybody to be able to work within that type of structure.

All Sony wanted was venom. And they were right,venom is something people want. :manny:

Raimi thought he could do it. He failed.

But his failure comes from making his honest interpretation of that character because he didn't understand it so I'm not mad at him for being honest but its also about finding the right director for the material.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I remember thinking they should have cast Vin Diesel as Venom and made him more of a villain/foe for spiderman.

That p*ssy boy actor they cast as Venom really made me go :hhh: