Did 2022 spoil horror fans?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
i wish i liked horror movies as much as a lot of people seem to. hopefully sci-fi, comedies and historical dramas get a glow up like horror in the next decade

Did you like The Northman and The Last Duel?

I think I need to rewatch The Last Duel because I wasn't all the way into it when I watched it. It looks like they were trying to bring them back but neither of those movies did good in the box office:mjcry:

I like a good Sci Fi movie too and I really enjoyed NOPE. I think Jordan Peele grew as a director with that move. I felt like I was watching a Steven Spielberg movie when I watched that. The problem is comic book movies took over the sci-fi genre. I remember when Will Smith and Arnold Schwarzenegger had their great sci-fi films.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Did you like The Northman and The Last Duel?

I think I need to rewatch The Last Duel because I wasn't all the way into it when I watched it. It looks like they were trying to bring them back but neither of those movies did good in the box office:mjcry:

I like a good Sci Fi movie too and I really enjoyed NOPE. I think Jordan Peele grew as a director with that move. I felt like I was watching a Steven Spielberg movie when I watched that. The problem is comic book movies took over the sci-fi genre. I remember when Will Smith and Arnold Schwarzenegger had their great sci-fi films.

i'd give em both about a 7. okay but didn't wow me

with comic book movies on their way out i think sci-fi will be good if DUNE pt 2 makes good money. We probably more likely to get video game adaptations than hard sci-fi tho, which could be good or bad depending on how it's handled. wouldn't mind a Metal Gear Solid movie

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

with comic book movies on their way out i think sci-fi will be good if DUNE pt 2 makes good money. We probably more likely to get video game adaptations than hard sci-fi tho, which could be good or bad depending on how it's handled. wouldn't mind a Metal Gear Solid movie

I forgot Dune even came out. I liked the movie but its tough trying to tell that story. They needed to make 2 films at once and release them a year later but for budget reason I understand why they did it that way. They couldn't have predicted COVID making it take long for the movie to be made and then the strikes make it longer to be released. I need to watch Avatar I forgot that shyt came out but I didn't really like the 1st one besides the 3D at the IMAX.

I think video game movies might be the next big thing. I really think anime/manga might be the next well Hollywood goes to for movies.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps

The Last Duel was great. I agree with the 7 rating but that's not "ok". What's the last movie you saw with an 8 or higher? Those kind of films don't just grow on trees.

Let's not just derail the thread for the hell of it though :dahell: this is for horror brehs and horror brehs onlayyy

One of my favorites from last year was the Innocents. It's on shudder.
Don't have Shudder anymore but I'll look into it, thanks breh.

Based on some of these suggestions though a lot of you dudes are into comedy horror (a nikka really mentioned Renfield :snoop: ). That kinda shyt is not my thing at ALL and I think it's stupid to even try to blend the two. Only time it works in my opinion is when the movie is a comedy with just a little horror elements, like The Blackening or Scary Movie series.

I want that real, keep a grown man up at night, what's that noise I'm finna grab the Glock :sadcam: type of horror. Like The Babadook. I told my cousin that's one of the spookiest shyts I've seen in recent memory, that man was laughing the whole way through like it was a comedy. Im willing to bet it was only funny cause it was still day light outside when we watched and I was there with him. I was home alone at night with all the lights off when I watched it my nikka I was terrified

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
The Last Duel was great. I agree with the 7 rating but that's not "ok". What's the last movie you saw with an 8 or higher? Those kind of films don't just grow on trees.

Let's not just derail the thread for the hell of it though :dahell: this is for horror brehs and horror brehs onlayyy

i know some people hated Malignant but i fukked with that heavy. it was so ridiculous it worked

going to watch X and Pearl this weekend

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
i wish i liked horror movies as much as a lot of people seem to. hopefully sci-fi, comedies and historical dramas get a glow up like horror in the next decade

I feel the same way about crime flicks. We aren't getting anywhere near the quality of those flicks that we used to get back in the 70s-90s.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
i know some people hated Malignant but i fukked with that heavy. it was so ridiculous it worked

going to watch X and Pearl this weekend
Yeah I saw Malignant it was definitely a bit too ridiculous for me but it was ok..5.5 or a 6 imo

X is great, I think you'll enjoy it. Kid Cudi was doing his thang :mjgrin:. Pearl was... Different. I didn't enjoy it as much as X but it's still worth a watch.

Is Hulu finally releasing good horror movies? Last time I tried watching them it was trash I don't even check for Hulu content anymore. This trailer looks decent though

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Yeah I saw Malignant it was definitely a bit too ridiculous for me but it was ok..5.5 or a 6 imo

X is great, I think you'll enjoy it. Kid Cudi was doing his thang :mjgrin:. Pearl was... Different. I didn't enjoy it as much as X but it's still worth a watch.

Is Hulu finally releasing good horror movies? Last time I tried watching them it was trash I don't even check for Hulu content anymore. This trailer looks decent though

This comes out tomorrow.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Don't have Shudder anymore but I'll look into it, thanks breh.

Based on some of these suggestions though a lot of you dudes are into comedy horror (a nikka really mentioned Renfield :snoop: ). That kinda shyt is not my thing at ALL and I think it's stupid to even try to blend the two. Only time it works in my opinion is when the movie is a comedy with just a little horror elements, like The Blackening or Scary Movie series.

I'm going to have to disagree. I think From Dusk Till Dawn is a comedy. Fred Williams and Tom Savini's character's are jokes. They got vampires playing people's body parts like instruments in the bar. Minus Awkwafina I enjoyed Renfield. Nic Cage was great and the action and gore was really good.

I can understand if people don't like horror comedies but that can work. Re-Animator and From Beyond are horror comedies and I think they're both worth a watch. Suitable Flesh is made by the same people and hopefully it delivers. There's a long list but Return of the Living Dead is one of the best zombie movies.

Horror movies that are released straight to Hulu are mostly from Fox, now 20th Century Studios or Searchlight, after they were bought out by Disney. Disney doesn't really care about releasing horror movies so most of the time they get released digital or get under promoted and released quickly to digital. Some of these movies that I enjoyed are;

Straight to Hulu:

Prey - Was one of the better Predator movies
Hellraiser 2022 - was decent enough and far from the worst Hellraiser movies

Under promoted:

Underwater-The movie Alien underwater. Was better than Prometheus and Alien: Covenant IMO
The Night House - You'd probably like this one. More straight forward horror with a mystery

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I'm going to have to disagree. I think From Dusk Till Dawn is a comedy. Fred Williams and Tom Savini's character's are jokes. They got vampires playing people's body parts like instruments in the bar. Minus Awkwafina I enjoyed Renfield. Nic Cage was great and the action and gore was really good.

I can understand if people don't like horror comedies but that can work. Re-Animator and From Beyond are horror comedies and I think they're both worth a watch. Suitable Flesh is made by the same people and hopefully it delivers. There's a long list but Return of the Living Dead is one of the best zombie movies.

Horror movies that are released straight to Hulu are mostly from Fox, now 20th Century Studios or Searchlight, after they were bought out by Disney. Disney doesn't really care about releasing horror movies so most of the time they get released digital or get under promoted and released quickly to digital. Some of these movies that I enjoyed are;

Straight to Hulu:

Prey - Was one of the better Predator movies
Hellraiser 2022 - was decent enough and far from the worst Hellraiser movies

Under promoted:

Underwater-The movie Alien underwater. Was better than Prometheus and Alien: Covenant IMO
The Night House - You'd probably like this one. More straight forward horror with a mystery
We can agree to disagree :yeshrug:QT and George Clooney had some funny lines and there was some over the top scenes, but I don't think that's enough to warrant a comedy classification. The movies I mentioned, the Blackening and scary movie series, are what I consider worthy of the comedy label. Almost every movie will have a few jokes here and there, I do not think that's enough to label it a comedy.

There's a big difference between Zombieland and From Dusk Till Dawn, although in my older age I do agree with the other poster who sees it more as an action flick than full on horror.

As for your Hulu recommendations, I tried watching Prey, couldn't really get into it. Might be the setting I was in though; I'm willing to give it another shot. I'm really interested in that "No One Will Save You" that the other dude posted, looks right up my alley. Only issue I have is I'm probably gonna get annoyed that the main character survived the first attack and for whatever reason decided to sleep in that house again. Some shyt like that happen to me, I'm moving in with family for a little while, fukk all that.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It lives inside is getting pretty good reviews
5.5 IMDb, PG-13 Horror :scust:
grand-closing-grand-opening.gif