Did 2022 spoil horror fans?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

X, Nope, and Barbarian. I need to give Bones & All another watch someday.

God bless AMC for screening Barbarian in Dolby. That was one of the wildest theater experiences.

2024 looks damn good though. Off the top of my head:
  • Longlegs
  • Late Night with the Devil
  • Alien: Romulus
  • A Quiet Place: Day One
  • Cuckoo
  • MaXXXine
  • Abigail
  • Stopmotion
  • Nosferatu
  • Terrifier 3
  • Speak No Evil remake (by the director of ‘Eden Lake’ :lupe:)

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Listing Barbarian and Scream as quality pieces of Horror cinema let's me know all I need to know about your taste :mjlol:
2022 was the greatest year for horror this millennium.

I'm 32, and horror has been my favorite genre since I saw the original From Dusk Till Dawn at home with my dad at like 6-7 years old. I cannot recall a year with consistent heat like 2022 had. Most years we'll be lucky to get two great horror films, last year I recall at least five. I was hoping that was the start of a new era of great horror, but it seems this year we've gone back to the normal and last year was just an anomaly.

Off the top of my head, I can't recall a single horror movie that moved me this year like say Barbarian, X, The Black Phone, or to a lesser extent Terrifier 2, Pearl, and Scream. The new Evil Dead was okay I guess and so was Infinity Pool but I wouldn't put them above any of the ones I just mentioned prior.

What y'all think? Am I wrong about 2022 being the greatest year in horror film this millennium? Is 2023 not as wack as I think? I just know I was EATING last year on horror but now it seems like I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel to find some good horror to watch.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Listing Barbarian and Scream as quality pieces of Horror cinema let's me know all I need to know about your taste :mjlol:
Barbarian was better than every horror in 2023 aside from Talk To Me.

Scream series is stupid and I've hated more than I've liked, but 2022 Scream was decent. Are you really being a homosexual snob over some damn scary movies? If you a dweeb just say dat

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Barbarian was better than every horror in 2023 aside from Talk To Me.

Scream series is stupid and I've hated more than I've liked, but 2022 Scream was decent. Are you really being a homosexual snob over some damn scary movies? If you a dweeb just say dat
Barbarian was pure low rate trash... If you're a low rate trash nikka that likes low rate trash shyt because that's what low rate trash nikkas do then just say that :francis:

• Haha
Reactions: BBG

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Barbarian was pure low rate trash... If you're a low rate trash nikka that likes low rate trash shyt because that's what low rate trash nikkas do then just say that :francis:
His two favorite films are talk to me and Barbarian, both bedwench bullshyt, his opinion don't count