Dialogue in movies and TV shows that make you cringe

Daps
Reppin
NULL
(1) Most arguments in movies and TV shows...
One person screams first, while the other politely listens, and then starts screaming when the first is done...In real life, arguments are not so polite...Everybody screams at the same time...

(2) 85% of dialogue in movies being pseudo-philosophical and deep...In real life, I walk with doctors, nurses, scientists and etc, smart people, and the conversations are not pseudo-philosophical and deep...It is just mundane "how about this weather?" "my dog ate my homework" basic dialogue...

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I really hate when in a TV show or movie, a character that is talking on the phone repeats back what the person they are on the phone with says, because obviously the audience can't hear the other person.

It's just very unnatural. No one is ever in the middle of a phone convo and says "Yeah of course i remembered to set the oven to 350".

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really hate when in a TV show or movie, a character that is talking on the phone repeats back what the person they are on the phone with says, because obviously the audience can't hear the other person.

It's just very unnatural. No one is ever in the middle of a phone convo and says "Yeah of course i remembered to set the oven to 350".

Similar to that: when someone has been following something on tv and tells another person and that second person then turns on the tv and catches what appears to be the start of some news report breaking the story he just heard about, giving the exact gist of what he's supposed to find out. shyt doesn't add up. They should be talking about the specifics of what they're reporting on by then.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this is probably a stretch, but i take everything back to "learning" to write scripts - one of the hardest things to do imo is introduce characters by name in dialogue. How often do you call your friends by their name? It's awkward and unnatural. "Hey Jim, we shoud go to the court today." as opposed to "Yo, lets go to the court" but in a script you have to say the character's name somehow in dialogue so the audience knows his name. Often times you get really weird introduction dialogue or some random person saying their name in voiceover. it almost always sounds awkward. Especially when the character has a full name like "Michael" as opposed to "Mike."

this is all

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
All of Scandal my nikkas, I watched two episodes and tried to get into this show, aint nobody in real life talk like that. Terrible dialogue in that show.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
2 broke girls...i used to watch the first 5 minutes for the Kat Dennings titty meats...but the writing is so bad that eventually I had to stop doing even that...and i luv me some Kat Dennings meats o titty...

Yeah, I actually watched the first 5 or so episodes of that show, but stopped because it has the most unrealistic dialog ever, and the jokes are better suited for a stand up set instead of a sitcom. No one is that witty in real life.

When I watch CBS shows on demand they usually show a little tv spot for 2 Broke Girls and I cringe at the jokes and lines they use to make you interested in it.

The one chick says

"I'm gonna put this bad tip on Instagram"

Kat Dennings replies..

"Twitter is stupid and Instagram is twitter for people who can't read"

:stopitslime: :snoop:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
OH now THIS was just horrible beyond belief:
"You know what happens to a frog when it gets struck by lightning....the same thing that happens to anything else".
That line alone should have permanently ended careers.
:snoop: that line was a horrible minfukk, i expected to learn what happens differently to a frog struck by lightning.... then the corniness hit me..
...the scene where Travolta and Cage meet for the first time after the surgery

:snoop: i said that shyt was awful & people told me i was trippin, travolta was that fire..... lol...........
The Matrix- "it's a single celled protein bound with essential amino acids. It's everything the body needs."
There are at least three things wrong with that line and it makes the geek in me want to beat a motherfukker with another motherfukker. But most people look at me like :stopitslime:
:ohhh: i legit wanna know what the wrongs things are.... i totally dismissed this part of the movie....
It would have been so much better if he would have just said...its oatmeal....
:ohhh: it was oatmeal???? i totally ignored this & assumed it was some future shyt they made up like in other movies...
John Malkovich in Rounders: Meester San of a Beach!
:leostare: so they dissin your boo thang line & you aint sayin shyt??? kinda bodyguard are you??? you aint glowin no more breh.....

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
i was channel flipping the other night when i came across "2 broke girls" on cbs. kat dennings tiddies had me in a spell :skip:
anyway, as i kept gawking i tried to actually pay attention to what was going on since my focus was headed one direction anyway.

that show man.....is absolute hobo buns, brehs. most shows w/laugh tracks are hobo buns minus a few exceptions (cheers, king of queens, that 70's show, friends at times)
but this is fukking horrible. NONE of it is funny. AT ALL. a bunch of one liners (corny as fukk ones at that) back and forth between 2 people w/the laugh track to boot.
i was more mad at myself because i kept watching only to see more of kat's tiddies and the fact that she's growing a fat ass thinking i was gonna see something new :snoop:
i still watched :sadbron:

Last edited: