Dialogue in movies and TV shows that make you cringe

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I'm starting to hate these expository lines on TV shows because they don't say anything. The viewer can clearly see what's happening, we don't need an announcement of it.

"Ah, Dad! A bat, a bat!"
"Oh my God! Peter, there's a bat in the house!"

Also, I hate how shows want to explain jokes, like the audience is mentally disabled and won't understand it. There will be a dancing chicken with his head cut off, and Character A will say, "What? His head is cut off! He's a chicken, he shouldn't be dancing! He should be running around, this is physically impossible!" I don't know why I'm supposed to find that funny.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The Purge: Election Year :scust:

- Those teenage chicks, especially the "I'm coming for my candy bar"

- When dude was like "there's a whole bunch of negros walking towards our van and we sitting here looking like a bucket of chicken"

- that crip whistle

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was channel flipping the other night when i came across "2 broke girls" on cbs. kat dennings tiddies had me in a spell :skip:
anyway, as i kept gawking i tried to actually pay attention to what was going on since my focus was headed one direction anyway.

that show man.....is absolute hobo buns, brehs. most shows w/laugh tracks are hobo buns minus a few exceptions (cheers, king of queens, that 70's show, friends at times)
but this is fukking horrible. NONE of it is funny. AT ALL. a bunch of one liners (corny as fukk ones at that) back and forth between 2 people w/the laugh track to boot.
i was more mad at myself because i kept watching only to see more of kat's tiddies and the fact that she's growing a fat ass thinking i was gonna see something new :snoop:
i still watched :sadbron:
I've been tricked into watching at least 4 Kat Dennings movies this exact same way :dead:

Sway

Banned
Daps
The Purge: Election Year :scust:

- Those teenage chicks, especially the "I'm coming for my candy bar"

- When dude was like "there's a whole bunch of negros walking towards our van and we sitting here looking like a bucket of chicken"

- that crip whistle
/thread “We are gonna purge today, burn this bytch downnnn ,FUKKK.” “Now, I'm gonna tell you right now, I like Black people, but I ain't gonna let you all shoot these white folks. These are our white people.” :hhh:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Anything Vince Vaughn said in True Detective season 2. "...it's like blue balls, in your heart", immediately comes to mind :what: