Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Because you can lose your character due to an issue outside of your control currently, e.g. server issues, lag spikes.

On offline ARPGs like Grim Dawn, I almost exclusively play hardcore because it’s fun and I know any death is truly a skill issue.

I've never tested it, but my understanding is that if you have a Scroll of Escape in your inventory and you drop connection, the Scroll will immediately fire off and teleport you back to town.

EDIT:
So...I just googled it. Apparently the "auto teleport on disconnect" won't be added until a later patch :damn:

Not automatically consumed before disconnect​

During Diablo 4's development, Blizzard said that the Scroll of Escape would automatically be consumed in a player's inventory if the game detected that the player was disconnecting; however, that feature didn't make it into launch. Hardcore players under this false assumption should especially take note of this. Blizzard stated in a June 16, 2023 Campfire Chat that the Scroll of Escape's auto-trigger feature will likely make it into Season 2.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I've never tested it, but my understanding is that if you have a Scroll of Escape in your inventory and you drop connection, the Scroll will immediately fire off and teleport you back to town.

EDIT:
So...I just googled it. Apparently the "auto teleport on disconnect" won't be added until a later patch :damn:
I’m saying. I’d love to run HC but there’s no way in hell I’d do it with the current state of Diablo 4 :hubie:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’m saying. I’d love to run HC but there’s no way in hell I’d do it with the current state of Diablo 4 :hubie:

Haven't lost a D4 Character to lag yet. (If the lag in this game were as bad as week 1 D3, that would be another story).

Also, unlike a Town portal, the Scroll of Escape is an 'instant' teleport. Butcher running me down? I just mash the "F1" key that I have it bound to, and I'm instantly back in town. So HC in Diablo 4 is slightly less 'hardcore' than in d2/d3.

The Pledge

Daps
Haven't lost a D4 Character to lag yet. (If the lag in this game were as bad as week 1 D3, that would be another story).
You’re lucky.
There’s YouTube compilations of HC deaths due to connection issues.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Thought I would try to finally move on to Hardcore WT4 at Level 66, so I went for the capstone dungeon this evening.
I thought I was doing OK..., I was scared of the cursed sections but it wasn't too bad. Made it all the way up to Elias.

Then, I don't even know what hit me...there was fire all over the floor, a bunch of other monsters got summoned, I got hit with I don't know what, I panicked and hit the Scroll of Escape.
When I got back to town, I looked at my icon bar and I see that my Elixir of Death Evasion had actually fired off

:damn:

I've never actually seen that happen before.
Now, I'm not sure what to do. I'm good enough to make it up to Elias without too much trouble, but whatever he hit me with was strong enough to kill me (or at lease trigger Death Evasion).

I was really hoping to get to HC WT4 before "Starfield" is officially released, since I'll probably start playing D4 less then.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Not that anyone out there cares at this point, but I DID IT.:blessed:
I met my goal of killing Elias in Hardcore mode in the WT3 Capstone dungeon before "Starfield" becomes officially widely available!
QqN0nJx.jpg

Now I can take this as a "win" and concentrate on Starfield the rest of the week.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Between all the new crack being released (starfield, bs3, soon sm2 and cyberpunk dlc) and them basically saying if you want the cool looking shyt you gotta spend money.......probably wont pick this up again until the campaign DLC drops :ld:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm realizing that I find being Level 70 in WT4 Hardcore mode more entertaining than Starfield so far :yeshrug:

The Pledge

Daps
:skip: This shyt is super dead in game but I’m still playing

It’s fun min maxing and trying new builds. :manny:

Don’t have to think while playing this shyt, perfect time waster. :whew:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m glad I didn’t cop this at launch, it’s going to be half off next month with even more qol fixes :mjlol: