Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

Chef

All Star
Daps
GamesCom interview with the devs said Season 2 is going to carry renown over, so no one is farming again. There will be five pinnacle end game bosses from level 50-100 will have a higher drop rate for Ubers uniques. They talked briefly about inventory and gem management.

Season 3 will have leaderboards. :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
try to get the story done asap, rather than getting into sidequests too heavy. Because , beating the main story gets u a mount which makes sidequesting go much quicker
:ohhh:

I'm still doing sidequests and campaigns at the same damn time. But after I'm done with a campaign, I'm usually done with a game so that's why I do sidequests during playing the main story.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
:duck:

If you’ve reached 100 twice, you know exactly what the complaints are in regards to content :unimpressed:

It’s ok to like the game AND acknowledge the massive flaws.

What content do you want? This isn’t a live service game or a subscription game like wow. The developers aren’t required to keep making content. People are lucky they’re getting seasons. I paid $70 and got hundreds of hours of entertainment it’s a fair trade as a consumer.

Personally I don’t care about spamming NM dungeons over and over again because it’s a fun gameplay loop. That’s Diablo, you’re spamming dungeons over and over. 2k and street fighter do essentially the same thing.. it’s the same gameplay loop over and over.. if you’re not having fun then that’s on you.

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
I aint been able to play for the past month due to work, now I gotta jump into the season.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
What content do you want? This isn’t a live service game or a subscription game like wow. The developers aren’t required to keep making content. People are lucky they’re getting seasons. I paid $70 and got hundreds of hours of entertainment it’s a fair trade as a consumer.

Personally I don’t care about spamming NM dungeons over and over again because it’s a fun gameplay loop. That’s Diablo, you’re spamming dungeons over and over. 2k and street fighter do essentially the same thing.. it’s the same gameplay loop over and over.. if you’re not having fun then that’s on you.
The game is live service first of all. The developers are required to make more content which is why Seasons even exists. I don’t even understand that point, Diablo 3 is on like, what, season 23? How isn’t that live service?

The endgame content isn’t there. That’s why season 2 added new bosses. It’s why they’re adding resistance and a story.

I play the game every day so I’m not commenting on it being fun. It is fun to me AND it is incomplete too. This isn’t a gameplay loop issue either. Fighting games aren’t ARPGs. I don’t have blinders on about the issues just because I’m having fun or well I got my money’s worth.

At level 100, you have three options. Uber Lilith, tier 100 Dungeon, or start over. You can’t even viably respec and if you do, what would even be the point?

That’s not content, that’s an unfinished endgame and that’s what most critics is talking about.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
The game is live service first of all. The developers are required to make more content which is why Seasons even exists. I don’t even understand that point, Diablo 3 is on like, what, season 23? How isn’t that live service?

The endgame content isn’t there. That’s why season 2 added new bosses. It’s why they’re adding resistance and a story.

I play the game every day so I’m not commenting on it being fun. It is fun to me AND it is incomplete too. This isn’t a gameplay loop issue either. Fighting games aren’t ARPGs. I don’t have blinders on about the issues just because I’m having fun or well I got my money’s worth.

At level 100, you have three options. Uber Lilith, tier 100 Dungeon, or start over. You can’t even viably respec and if you do, what would even be the point?

That’s not content, that’s an unfinished endgame and that’s what most critics is talking about.

Calling this a live service game is a stretch and if that’s the crux of your argument it falls flat. Forbes agrees with me:

True live service games are free 2 play and make money on the cash shops. You paid $70 and got a damn near perfect game (graphics,music,story,controls) . The seasons are more for leveling alts. At level 100 you should quit the game and play something else, blizzard gave you your moneys worth.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Got up to HC Level 60. Ran into The Butcher yesterday in a T6 Nightmare Dungeon. Usually I have a panic attack and hit the Scroll of Escape, but this time I was the one chasing him down (holding down the Barbarian "Lunge" to repeatedly jab it, then hitting it with the double Death Blow attack).

I don't even think I needed a potion, I just wiped it out.

As far as I'm concerned, this game has given my my money's worth :yeshrug:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got up to HC Level 60. Ran into The Butcher yesterday in a T6 Nightmare Dungeon. Usually I have a panic attack and hit the Scroll of Escape, but this time I was the one chasing him down (holding down the Barbarian "Lunge" to repeatedly jab it, then hitting it with the double Death Blow attack).

I don't even think I needed a potion, I just wiped it out.

As far as I'm concerned, this game has given my my money's worth :yeshrug:

There really isn't much better of a feeling in the game than being in a spot where you run into The Butcher and know he's about to get packed out. :mjlol:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
If you are bored of this game, and you only play Softcore....
Why are you NOT playing Hardcore??

At least play until you die once before you quit.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Calling this a live service game is a stretch and if that’s the crux of your argument it falls flat. Forbes agrees with me:

True live service games are free 2 play and make money on the cash shops. You paid $70 and got a damn near perfect game (graphics,music,story,controls) . The seasons are more for leveling alts. At level 100 you should quit the game and play something else, blizzard gave you your moneys worth.

Call of Duty, and every single annual sports game would like to have a word with you about the bolded.

Price point and monetization method doesn't make a game a live service game. Having an ongoing conveyor belt of content meant to keep the player actively engaged with the game is what truly makes a game a live service game. The shop is really just what ostensibly pays for the continual development of that content. Basically, Diablo is running a model a little closer to what Destiny/Destiny 2 used to be before they made the base game free to play.

taker597

Superstar
Daps

At least play until you die once before you quit.
HC is a completely different game. I really enjoy it. Kind of regret my softcore run, but the servers was unstable as fukk on launch. So, ehhhhh... I would rage quit if I lost my guy to some bs.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Because you can lose your character due to an issue outside of your control currently, e.g. server issues, lag spikes.

On offline ARPGs like Grim Dawn, I almost exclusively play hardcore because it’s fun and I know any death is truly a skill issue.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Because you can lose your character due to an issue outside of your control currently, e.g. server issues, lag spikes.

On offline ARPGs like Grim Dawn, I almost exclusively play hardcore because it’s fun and I know any death is truly a skill issue.
I don't fukking understand why boss battles aren't entirely offline. Nothing makes you wanna rage quit more than get stuck rubber banding into your death during what shouldn't need any online connectivity during the fight.