Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Necromancer is a one man death machine :wow:. Glad i switched from sorcerer :scust:
Just got the game. Necro is better than sorcerer? I like to play mage in any game where it's an option and while Necro is technically mage, I by default plan on going sorcerer.

Mind giving me some pros and cons?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Just got the game. Necro is better than sorcerer? I like to play mage in any game where it's an option and while Necro is technically mage, I by default plan on going sorcerer.

Mind giving me some pros and cons?
Necro is the best and worst in the game.

I’m lvl 97, I’ve played bone spirit, minion, blood surge, and bone spear builds so here’s my take.

Necro with no minions is Amazon from Diablo 2. You basically have a shotgun/spear with ammo. You can blow shyt away but you’re slow (slowest class, if mobility is important don’t play necro ever) and have to constantly reload.

Sorcerer is what you’ve seen, teleporting, dope spells. That fire snake thing looks amazing. Major win aesthetically. To me, that’s what makes me want to play a character to the end—how good they look.

Necro legit sacrifices every skill just to have a shotgun button. And it’s a fukking fun button to use. I can’t kill a world boss in seconds but I can hit him with 900,000 a shot.

TL;DR — pros are you have a instakill skill. Cons are you sacrificing mobility, other skills, variety to achieve the pro.

Personally, if all builds did the same amount of damage, I’d be PURE blood surge. But bone spear is the best so I picked that. :hubie:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Necro is the best and worst in the game.

I’m lvl 97, I’ve played bone spirit, minion, blood surge, and bone spear builds so here’s my take.

Necro with no minions is Amazon from Diablo 2. You basically have a shotgun/spear with ammo. You can blow shyt away but you’re slow (slowest class, if mobility is important don’t play necro ever) and have to constantly reload.

Sorcerer is what you’ve seen, teleporting, dope spells. That fire snake thing looks amazing. Major win aesthetically. To me, that’s what makes me want to play a character to the end—how good they look.

Necro legit sacrifices every skill just to have a shotgun button. And it’s a fukking fun button to use. I can’t kill a world boss in seconds but I can hit him with 900,000 a shot.

TL;DR — pros are you have a instakill skill. Cons are you sacrificing mobility, other skills, variety to achieve the pro.

Personally, if all builds did the same amount of damage, I’d be PURE blood surge. But bone spear is the best so I picked that. :hubie:
Bet. So I'll probably go with my original thought and maybe do Necro as a second character after I get my bearings straight

The Pledge

Daps
Bet. So I'll probably go with my original thought and maybe do Necro as a second character after I get my bearings straight
Smart move. I tried out all the other ones before I settled on necro for what it’s worth.

I suggest sorc or rogue just to, like you said, get an understanding of how the game works. By level 25-30, you should know which one you wanna ride out with for sure.

If you need help leveling or capstone, drop your bnet, I’ll help if I’m on. :manny:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Beat the main campaign, got my rogue at 53 currently…but I’m thinking about rolling with another character lol

As much as I enjoy the rogue I really want to scratch that magic itch. I will say rogues easily got the best drip in the game so I’ll miss that

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Beat the main campaign, got my rogue at 53 currently…but I’m thinking about rolling with another character lol

As much as I enjoy the rogue I really want to scratch that magic itch. I will say rogues easily got the best drip in the game so I’ll miss that
Before you roll another character. Make sure you got the Lilith Statue and Renown reward

The Pledge

Daps
Before you roll another character. Make sure you got the Lilith Statue and Renown reward
Facts. Before I ditched my rogue, I made sure I ran those shrines up at least. Starting with 9 potions is mandatory imo