Diablo 4 | * 8 October VoH Expansion*

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I will say that I really love the strongholds and the little storylines that they do. So much content in one game. The 1st Diablo game where it feels like Lore is treated with importance and there is something more to do than grind the same dungeon 1000x.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
You know why I'm glad I play hardcore? It basically forces you to play slowly and think about what you're doing.
Plus, constantly getting jump scares and coming close to death wears me out quick, so I'm forced to pace myself and not play for more than (say) an hour at a time before I feel like I have to take a break. So at the pace I'm going I don't think I'm going to get burned out for a long time. Right now my (3rd 😞) Barb is in the mid 30's and about half way through A2.
I think Hardcore is always a 2nd playthrough, because I like to going loose and fast while learning on the fly. Going through the final act underleveled was such a thrill, but I died atleast over a dozen times.

If I was Hardcore. I wouldn't take risk. Game is challenging enough as it is if you're underleveled.

Plus these boss be pulling bullshyt out of it's ass.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Playing tier 3. I noticed my checkmark for completed dungeons have all disappeared. Is that normal? If so... That's annoying

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I felt like I sold my soul when I use that Lilith marker. They should give some kind of bonus stat later in the game if you don't use any of those. That or a different ending

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know why I'm glad I play hardcore? It basically forces you to play slowly and think about what you're doing.
Plus, constantly getting jump scares and coming close to death wears me out quick, so I'm forced to pace myself and not play for more than (say) an hour at a time before I feel like I have to take a break. So at the pace I'm going I don't think I'm going to get burned out for a long time. Right now my (3rd 😞) Barb is in the mid 30's and about half way through A2.

I know it's not a "popular" or "powerful" build, or something that people who write build guides on how to min/max the game to death and rush to the endgame as fast as possible would ever endorse...but I'm having LOADS of fun just trying to spam "Death Blow" on everything, while shouting "DEATH BLOW!!" :gladbron:.

Its kind of weird...In some ways its pretty "dumbed down" versus older Diablo versions, but in other ways its way more complex :manny:.

For example, D2 had things like "Rune Words" that were TOTALLY impossible to understand without basically having access to an entire game wiki page OUTSIDE of the game. You basically couldn't play D2 without an online reference book 🤓. Plus, D2 Had MUCH MUCH more complicated stats (that initially could never ever be reassigned), and items had complicated stat requirements ...so if you didn't know what you were doing when you assigned stat points, you could totally screw you character out of being able to use some amazing Unique sword that you picked up because your STR and DEX were just too low to carry it because you put too many points into increasing your hit points. And, at first, you couldn't even "re-spec" a skill point that you accidentally clicked on when you were just learning your character. Everthing you did in D2 back then was permanent.

All that stuff is LONG gone in D4.
Now there's all this new complicated stuff about enchanting weapons with "aspects" and all kinds of other item upgrades, and other stuff out in the world that gives you different types of rewards...but you can basically ignore all of that stuff until you are like dozens out hours into the game now.

Yeah, they definitely moved the deeper stuff a little deeper into the game, and have actually done a better job of essentially having the game itself be its own tutorial for the late game mechanics.

Like, Runewords made properly gearing up in D2 a bit of a pain in the ass, because you had to find a good roll of an item, AND hope it came properly socketed, AND get the right runes, AND figure out what the proper order combination of Runewords was to make the right gear.

Now, you still have to grind for gear, but being able swap out aspects for ones from your codex, or ones that you pulled from other pieces of gear makes effective late game builds feel so much more attainable (at least for now). And the way the skill tree is set up, it teaches you how to work with your skill and passive interactions so by the time you unlock the paragon board, you at least have a vague idea of what you're looking to do. I really think that regardless of how they handle the rest of the game, they did a pretty good job of balancing the game for new players and vets.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
yo this leveling shyt is tedious, im level 49 and this story shyt is so wack. are they adding an adventure mode like d3?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was running a helltide yesterday, and was working on stacking 175 embers to hit up the mystery chest.

I'm live 56, doing my thing to grind up to 70 for Torment. I run into a random boss running around, and figure I'm about to come up. I pop my ultimate, then frost nova and toss ice shards at him. Motherfukker runs up on me, and I could've sworn I heard "I'm a helltide nikka, and I'll take your cookies," right as his health bar popped up with minimal chunks taken off of it, because he's level 72, and proceeds to wipe out 95% of my health pool. I've never teleported and rode away so fast in my life. :dead:

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I was running a helltide yesterday, and was working on stacking 175 embers to hit up the mystery chest.

I'm live 56, doing my thing to grind up to 70 for Torment. I run into a random boss running around, and figure I'm about to come up. I pop my ultimate, then frost nova and toss ice shards at him. Motherfukker runs up on me, and I could've sworn I heard "I'm a helltide nikka, and I'll take your cookies," right as his health bar popped up with minimal chunks taken off of it, because he's level 72, and proceeds to wipe out 95% of my health pool. I've never teleported and rode away so fast in my life. :dead:
I ran into him the other day for the first time, I'm level 63. My exp went the same as yours :francis: