Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Was it bad compared to 2?
I'ma tell you this...
PC gamers hold Diablo 2 in incredibly high regard.
On PC, I don't recall ever playing Diablo 1 and I barely touched Diablo 2.
I've been a console gamer for the majority of my life. My first real hands-on experience with Diablo was Diablo 3 and I absolutely loved that game.
As a person that was only vaguely familiar with D2, I purchased it day one off the excitement I had from D3.
PC brehs are gonna tase me for this but so be it; D3 is a more enjoyable experience to me that D2. Significantly more enjoyable.
The pacing of D2 is much slower, movement is more limited, visually D3 is better, and the gameplay loop of D2 is more grind heavy as it's quicker to punish you if you aren't properly leveled or have your character's gear set up.
I can see why the game is special to most PC gamers especially those that remember playing it when it first released.
D3 brought a lot of quality of life improvements that felt missing when playing D2 on console. Now I'm not saying the game is bad at all; it's just quite different, and depending what you personally liked about D3, D2 might not be for you at all.
D3 was special to me also because it has 4 player local co-op. It's one of the few games I've been able to pull the whole family together on one screen and we play through and entire game multiple times and have a blast.
I would say since you're only familiar with D3, cop D2 on sale or rent it if you can, because I'm willing to bet you won't like it as much.
I'll let the PC brehs break down in detail why D3 sucks. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'ma tell you this...
PC gamers hold Diablo 2 in incredibly high regard.
On PC, I don't recall ever playing Diablo 1 and I barely touched Diablo 2.
I've been a console gamer for the majority of my life. My first real hands-on experience with Diablo was Diablo 3 and I absolutely loved that game.
As a person that was only vaguely familiar with D2, I purchased it day one off the excitement I had from D3.
PC brehs are gonna tase me for this but so be it; D3 is a more enjoyable experience to me that D2. Significantly more enjoyable.
The pacing of D2 is much slower, movement is more limited, visually D3 is better, and the gameplay loop of D2 is more grind heavy as it's quicker to punish you if you aren't properly leveled or have your character's gear set up.
I can see why the game is special to most PC gamers especially those that remember playing it when it first released.
D3 brought a lot of quality of life improvements that felt missing when playing D2 on console. Now I'm not saying the game is bad at all; it's just quite different, and depending what you personally liked about D3, D2 might not be for you at all.
D3 was special to me also because it has 4 player local co-op. It's one of the few games I've been able to pull the whole family together on one screen and we play through and entire game multiple times and have a blast.
I would say since you're only familiar with D3, cop D2 on sale or rent it if you can, because I'm willing to bet you won't like it as much.
I'll let the PC brehs break down in detail why D3 sucks. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Great breakdown as my first experience with the series was on console as well with the ps4 Diablo 3. Guess we didn’t know any better :pachaha:

Last edited:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Don’t even have to use the sorc basic skill that’s how op the build is the cooldowns refresh so fast

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
How long this open for or should I wait until next weekend?

I tried to order some KFC last night but they said they were closed at like 8:15 so I said screw it and forgot about this.

I read the skills and classes and it sounds like Warcraft stuff pretty much. I spent too much time playing Classic during lockdown:mjcry:

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
osgiGHF.jpg

RDRsITX.jpg

lmNl306.jpg

Got the warrior to 25, its really gear dependent, but it got fun towards the end when I got decked in good legends, also lunge for basic attack skill is a must. Sorc is OP levels 1-25, who knows about beyond. I got rogue to 16, that was the first one I made, then couldnt kill a boss and switched classes; knowing what I know now, it probably would be alot better with synergized gear. Im done until next weekend~

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I cancelled the game after the shyttiest of experiences with the beta. Never in my entire 37 (12 in marsupial years) of gaming have I dealt with so many emotions over a fukking game. I'm not talking about tears of joy, but more so tears of anger.

• PC Gaming shouldn't be much of a fukking drag with optimization
  • 100 dollars for a game that feels like a dumbed down Path of Exile
  • While the game is dope, the grind is hardbody (ain;'t no way leveling should be long and tedious at the early stages of the game)
  • The constant hiccups, stuttering, crashes, reboots, and queues from a multi-billion dollar company is gross, especially with the amount of money they want from the game
The one thing this beta made me realize that sometimes its good to stick to the basics. While I had so much downtime between the fukking crashes. I played Diablo 2 Resurrected and breh it was the bees knees. I enjoyed the grim nature of that game, and the shyt worked out of the box. Hell, even D3 which aged so terribly was a fun game to shoot the shyt at. The mobile game in all of its microtransactional glory was more accessible than this trainwreck of a beautiful experience.

I'm done...I'm fukking done. Excuse my anger, but I want my damn weekend back.

Folks who enjoyed it, right on....but those that feel the same way I feel....fukk this alpha of a beta of a potentially half ass game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I cancelled the game after the shyttiest of experiences with the beta. Never in my entire 37 (12 in marsupial years) of gaming have I dealt with so many emotions over a fukking game. I'm not talking about tears of joy, but more so tears of anger.

• PC Gaming shouldn't be much of a fukking drag with optimization
  • 100 dollars for a game that feels like a dumbed down Path of Exile
  • While the game is dope, the grind is hardbody (ain;'t no way leveling should be long and tedious at the early stages of the game)
  • The constant hiccups, stuttering, crashes, reboots, and queues from a multi-billion dollar company is gross, especially with the amount of money they want from the game
The one thing this beta made me realize that sometimes its good to stick to the basics. While I had so much downtime between the fukking crashes. I played Diablo 2 Resurrected and breh it was the bees knees. I enjoyed the grim nature of that game, and the shyt worked out of the box. Hell, even D3 which aged so terribly was a fun game to shoot the shyt at. The mobile game in all of its microtransactional glory was more accessible than this trainwreck of a beautiful experience.

I'm done...I'm fukking done. Excuse my anger, but I want my damn weekend back.

Folks who enjoyed it, right on....but those that feel the same way I feel....fukk this alpha of a beta of a potentially half ass game.

You can cancel preorders :jbhmm: