Diablo 2 Resurrected announced: (PC/ PS4/PS5/Switch/XB1/XSX) 2021

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Anybody playing the beta? Tried reading through the Resetera thread for impressions and it's a bunch of whiny bytches like @smitty22 talking about boycotting it. :unimpressed:
Have it downloaded and about to play right now. Wish they would have made Sin playable.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This was the Diablo I remember. Diablo 3 was soft, you get way too overpowered. This game made you feel like a regular human fighting demons and shyt.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
This was the Diablo I remember. Diablo 3 was soft, you get way too overpowered. This game made you feel like a regular human fighting demons and shyt.
Lol I'm guessing you didn't play Diablo 3 when it first came out. Blizzard nerfed the difficulty cause it was so hard. Folks were barely getting to act 1 Hell:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
Lol I'm guessing you didn't play Diablo 3 when it first came out. Blizzard nerfed the difficulty cause it was so hard. Folks were barely getting to act 1 Hell:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Folks expose themselves when they try to act like Diablo 3 was easy, clearly they weren't around when it actually came out.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Folks expose themselves when they try to act like Diablo 3 was easy, clearly they weren't around when it actually came out.

No I didn't play it when it first came out it was only on PC, didn't play it until the PS4 version came out. However they nerfed it made the game easy though.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't recommend playing this with a controller, this is not Diablo 3's controller scheme at all. Game is great for the nostalgia purposes, but I don't think this game will be successful like that. There is a reason I say a 1:1 remake is not what people really want unless they don't want to attract any new players.

Last edited:

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
No I didn't play it when it first came out it was only on PC, didn't play it until the PS4 version came out. However they nerfed it made the game easy though.
Sure it was made easier. But 'easy' in this game is really hard to quantify. What do you mean exactly? Cause the pinnacle of Diablo 3 right now are the seasons, and if you aren't topping the leaderboards, you have no right to claim it's easy. Are you referring to story mode? What difficulty, Torment XV right? Probably not, but no one plays story anyway.

Post your profile and let's see what 'easy' is to you.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Sure it was made easier. But 'easy' in this game is really hard to quantify. What do you mean exactly? Cause the pinnacle of Diablo 3 right now are the seasons, and if you aren't topping the leaderboards, you have no right to claim it's easy. Are you referring to story mode? What difficulty, Torment XV right? Probably not, but no one plays story anyway.

Post your profile and let's see what 'easy' is to you.
Not sure what you're arguing here. The game is easy. Blizzard nerfed the difficulty way too much and allowed power to creep up way too high.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Not sure what you're arguing here. The game is easy. Blizzard nerfed the difficulty way too much and allowed power to creep up way too high.

I might have a different opinion if I played it on release, but by the time I played it the game was a AoE spam fest and you literally felt damn near godlike. I'm not the only one who feels that way, check reddit and see what they say, why do you think people have been clamoring for a 1:1 Diablo 2 remake so badly, Diablo 3 flat out don't have that same feeling.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I might have a different opinion if I played it on release, but by the time I played it the game was a AoE spam fest and you literally felt damn near godlike. I'm not the only one who feels that way, check reddit and see what they say, why do you think people have been clamoring for a 1:1 Diablo 2 remake so badly, Diablo 3 flat out don't have that same feeling.
Well Blizzard tried to reinvent the wheel with Diablo 3 and made a lot of changes that people of the series did not like. I won't go into it but the design of Diablo 3 from the start was flawed. I said it many times before, the game probably doesn't catch as much hate if it wasn't named Diablo 3. It's the best ARPG out(PoE is better imo) but it doesn't feel like the sequel to Diablo 2.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I played D3 before the nerfs and yes, it was hard. Some of those elite packs were ridiculous, especially for my build. I wasn't dying but was taking forever to kill shyt as a barb with meh gear. I never got good drops in that game, at least not before end game.

I think when people say it was easy they mean it was simple. I hated the lack of customization and boring ass stats, not to mention lack of build diversity. I played D3 for a long time but at the time and to this day think Path Of Exile is the superior ARPG.

I'll be copping D2R, looks dope. Haven't played D2 in earnest since I was in high school.