Diablo 2 Resurrected announced: (PC/ PS4/PS5/Switch/XB1/XSX) 2021

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The build up to the cow level was top tier trolling. Don't forget the Diablo expansion having cow armor. :mjlol:

But Diablo 2 really was something else. I remember the first time I accidentally ran into Uber Diablo. :wow:
them old PC mags was crazy leading up to the game. it was a bunch of :lupe: :patrice::jbhmm:n then the game over delivered on the hype! a rare thing to see:mjcry:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Diablo 2 is way better than Diablo 3.. not even close, Diablo 2 is arguably the GOAT of GOAT games. The issue I have watching this trailer is that Diablo 3 came out in 2013 and in 2021, these graphics, for a remake, look worse than Diablo 3 :what:

judging off that trailer, it looks fukked already :francis:

D2 is my most played game, I literally skipped school to play some days :russ: might as well been a needle in my arm, I was one of the first level 99 paladins in the entire world :russ:

this shyt... looks trash :mjcry:
Breh my uncle had this ill pc setup in Jersey and whenever I visited I just stayed at his crib playing with surround sound turned all the way up. But yeah this looks kinda cheap in the graphics department. It’s like they didn’t want to put too much into it:francis:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
How about a new fukking Diablo? I hate these companies and these dumb ass consumers that get excited about these remasters and/or remakes. It's straight up laziness but the consumers allow the money grabs to happen

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
How about a new fukking Diablo? I hate these companies and these dumb ass consumers that get excited about these remasters and/or remakes. It's straight up laziness but the consumers allow the money grabs to happen
:dwillhuh:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
D4 must be a 2022 or 2023 release then.

I'll cop.. ain't shyt coming out after june anyway

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
there is a new diablo coming :dead:

Not two years from now, slow ass nikkas. Instead of putting ANY resources towards some old shyt, why not just put out new shyt? Y'all are so easily pleased.

Kinda like how nikkas is still okay with only having a damn Demon Souls remake to play on a brand new consoles, MONTHS AFTER LAUNCH. Y'all are easy to please like a bunch of little kids and that's why we keep getting remakes and remasters. If consumers wouldn't go for the shyt then these companies wouldn't keep rehashing old shyt

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I worded what I meant wrong, but Diablo 3 graphic engine looks more fine tuned, in 2013 than this remake does in 2021. Maybe thats intentional but I feel thats why Warcraft 3 reforged flopped.

people want to play classics from 20 years ago with todays new technology and graphics. I thought that was entire point of remakes otherwise we could all just play Diablo 2 now. These graphics in this trailer look like theyre from 2008-2010.

It just looks cheap :francis: not sure if im explaining things right. If the graphics are just marginally betterthan the original and possibly worse than Diablo 3 then im sad to say this will flop :mjcry:

People want to play Diablo 2 with 2021 graphics. This looks like Diablo 2 with Starcraft 2 graphics.

Problem with fundamentally changing the graphics is that it also fundamentally changes the gameplay and everything else. :yeshrug:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Maybe I worded what I meant wrong, but Diablo 3 graphic engine looks more fine tuned, in 2013 than this remake does in 2021. Maybe thats intentional but I feel thats why Warcraft 3 reforged flopped.

people want to play classics from 20 years ago with todays new technology and graphics. I thought that was entire point of remakes otherwise we could all just play Diablo 2 now. These graphics in this trailer look like theyre from 2008-2010.

It just looks cheap :francis: not sure if im explaining things right. If the graphics are just marginally betterthan the original and possibly worse than Diablo 3 then im sad to say this will flop :mjcry:

People want to play Diablo 2 with 2021 graphics. This looks like Diablo 2 with Starcraft 2 graphics.
technically Diablo was made similar to age of empires with shifting 2d sprites

it has a certain look that is hard to replicate with the recorded physical animators via 3d engines. They are constricted to normal effects while drawn images can be more robust

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Problem with fundamentally changing the graphics is that it also fundamentally changes the gameplay and everything else. :yeshrug:
This runs on top of the old diablo 2, hence why you can switch between old and new graphics. Just like Halo 2 anniversary.

only difference is the shared stash, which removes the need to make a mule character.
Not two years from now, slow ass nikkas. Instead of putting ANY resources towards some old shyt, why not just put out new shyt? Y'all are so easily pleased.

Kinda like how nikkas is still okay with only having a damn Demon Souls remake to play on a brand new consoles, MONTHS AFTER LAUNCH. Y'all are easy to please like a bunch of little kids and that's why we keep getting remakes and remasters. If consumers wouldn't go for the shyt then these companies wouldn't keep rehashing old shyt
People have been asking for this remaster for over a decade. There is no need to be upset.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Diablo 4 trailer been released like a year or 2 ago.

i will agree that Blizzard seems in a funk though.