DF: Dirt 5 PS5 vs. Xbox Series X/S Comparison (Similar Perf.; PS5 with Slight Advantage)

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Locked 60 is gonna looked better than a frame rate that jumps around; in which case VRR is going to make a big difference and even still, a locked frame rate is preferable. All of this “it can do UP TO 120fps” stuff is silly.

Sony is getting VRR with an update. shyt will get even worse for the green side.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Xbots nowhere to be found
scEwpKb.png

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This is a bad look for Microsoft. The system already has no exclusive compelling games so power and hence better looking multi platform games was their only selling point and even in that department they’re getting their ass kicked too. Yikes.

To this point, I'd agree with you. That said, I think they will be alright. The biggest game of the year by far is going to be Cyberpunk. It has the Xbox marketing behind it and it will run on the XDK for the Xbox One X and not the GDK for the Xbox Series X. Since it runs on the XDK, it will run in BC mode for both consoles and since the XOX>PS4Pro, presumably, the XSX will be the best version. No one is going to care about a DMC5 or Dirt 5 when making these comparisons a few years down the road, not to mention that none of the comparisons now really matter. It shows preparedness at launch at a very fluid time, not what 8 years are going to be like.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To this point, I'd agree with you. That said, I think they will be alright. The biggest game of the year by far is going to be Cyberpunk. It has the Xbox marketing behind it and it will run on the XDK for the Xbox One X and not the GDK for the Xbox Series X. Since it runs on the XDK, it will run in BC mode for both consoles and since the XOX>PS4Pro, presumably, the XSX will be the best version

Where have i heard this before?

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-Xbox-Series-X-4K-2060x1024.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
To this point, I'd agree with you. That said, I think they will be alright. The biggest game of the year by far is going to be Cyberpunk. It has the Xbox marketing behind it and it will run on the XDK for the Xbox One X and not the GDK for the Xbox Series X. Since it runs on the XDK, it will run in BC mode for both consoles and since the XOX>PS4Pro, presumably, the XSX will be the best version. No one is going to care about a DMC5 or Dirt 5 when making these comparisons a few years down the road, not to mention that none of the comparisons now really matter. It shows preparedness at launch at a very fluid time, not what 8 years are going to be like.

Yall just keep doin this to yall self :francis:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yall just keep doin to yall self :francis:

The thing is these ps5/xboxseries comparisons don’t have a large gap anyway so if xbox eventually gets a game taht looks better the difference will be marginal at best. Not the clear “play it better on xbox” marketing they’ve been using. Like PlayStation fans have been saying all year the difference won’t be great enough to justify the purchase of a xbox. They thought PlayStation would be 1080p 60fps, and xbox would be doing native 4k 60fps with ray tracing or even 120fps and it’s just not the case. As if the gap between the two consoles would be like a switch or a console and a high end pc and they will more or less be the same.

The multiplatforms will look the same if not slightly better on one system or the other. If 3rd party continues to support dual sense the clear multi platform console of choice is gonna be ps5.

And at the end of the day like we said, the series s is a rip off when you realize you can get a fully functional ps5 for a 100 dollars more.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
So you mean to tell me I get better 3rd party performance and superior first party games on the PS5 :mjgrin:

On the real tho im close to pulling the trigger on this game, i wanna play it with the dual sense :noah:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsofts only hope it to make their Bethesda library exclusive to xbox/pc and hope Bethesda doesn’t shyt the bed with their two biggest IP’s like they did with Fallout.

EnW_6t3W4AgMuU3

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Their tools are not up to par. The fact that it took so long for Microsoft to show something on the system is an indictment. One that will be fixed over time but I understand why they needed to wait. RDNA2 had to be full spec. Over time, All of these developers will fix these issues but no one will care then. That said, in two years, once true next-gen game come out, all will be well then.

That said, I didn't know how much they were behind on things. I should have figured when in July, everything on the PS5 was shown on the hardware for the Sony showcase while for Xbox, it was all on PC. That was the giveaway right there. Halo Infinite was shown on PC as well. Everything is coming in hot.

i bet if we went back to July-september your post are gonna have a whole different tone to them:lolbron:

:unimpressed:this is embarrassing

yall are stanning and spending money on shoddy unfinished products.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210

In two years no one will care. MS needed to come out of the gate on fire. PS5 will be dominating and Switch 2 will be on the verge of launching.