Developers are trash talking the Series S at Gamescom

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Imagine buying a series X and not getting games day 1 cause of the S :mjlol: . People love bringing up well developers release games with low specs on PC. Yeah cause its worth it to do.The xbox console space isn't the popping place to be right now so the investing extra resources isn't enticing enough. You going to see the new switch with specs worst than the series S get ports before they do.
They fail to understand that scaling and developing on PC is much easier than on consoles. Some Riot Dev broke it down when some xbot nikka was saying how devs gotta do a wide range for PC so series S shouldnt be a problem. Riot Dev said scaling on pc is just different.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They fail to understand that scaling and developing on PC is much easier than on consoles. Some Riot Dev broke it down when some xbot nikka was saying how devs gotta do a wide range for PC so series S shouldnt be a problem. Riot Dev said scaling on pc is just different.

Someone from ID Software spoke about it also and took down their post after they got acquired lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm one of those smooth brained marsupials that thought the series S is just a 1080p console :picard:

This is where it all started….

tlou.gif

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I said from the door that it was dumb for Microsoft to make that weak ass inferior Series S

shyt makes no sense why make an inferior console??

:mjlol:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Explain to me as a breh that thought about copping a next gen console, but decided to just stay PC gang, how the Series S holding the industry back? I'm one of those smooth brained marsupials that thought the series S is just a 1080p console :picard:
Series S is weaker then Series X. Which wouldnt be a problem, but Microsoft has a parity rule. Parity rule says if you want to release a game on the X it has to release on the S with the same features.

So now Devs gotta waste extra time and resources to get a game running on the S if a feature doesnt just copy over from the X, they can't release on Xbox hardware at all.

Take BG3 for example. They have the XSX and PS5 versions done, with the same features. They ran into an issue on the S with getting split screen to work, because the hardware is so weak compared to XSX/PS5. They had to waste months of dev time trying to get the feature on the S, with the help of Microsoft's engineers. MS just caved and said they can release w/o the split screen on S. So now they can release on Xbox.

With Naruto, it seems the Series S cant do 60fps, so they gave XSX players an option to block last get/Series S players from matchmaking, since XSX/PS5 can do 60fps.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I said from the door that it was dumb for Microsoft to make that weak ass inferior Series S

shyt makes no sense why make an inferior console??

:mjlol:

TBF, Covid times, the shyt was damn near everywhere so it was no excuse to cop one.

Now with that being a good or bad thing, thats on yall, but I have seen a igloo made out of Series S, while I couldn't even get a whiff of the PS5.