Detroit: Become Human (Quantic Dream) Out now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:mjcry:i knew that part
but i thought there would be some points where u get full control and gotta take out a room full out cops or some this:mjcry:
That's the thing - you actually DID do that type of shyt in Beyond Two Souls. But no one played it. People only remember the demos of childhood birthday parties and thriller movie cuts.

They don't remember shooting it out in Somalia, emptying a police station, playing James Bond in an embassy, or even the part where Ellen Paige was really about to suck dikk behind a corner store because she was dead fukking broke. There was Indian burial grounds and even some dead space type shyt where you were dealing up gates to hell.

You could even play coop - interactive movie is selling Beyond pretty fukking short... but that's all Detroit looks like TBH. And it's why I'm not all that excited.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an interactive movie. You have somewhat limited control over a group of characters and you make decisions for them and watch the story unfold. You choices change the story even to the point where some of your characters can live or die by those choices.

Even less control than Heavy Rain? :ld:

Because I had no problem with Heavy Rain game play or story. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I bought the digital deluxe version from Amazon before all the craziness. Now I wonder if I’ll actually get it. The preload should be up now, right? They’re not even selling the game anymore. :sadcam:
i cant even preorder

why is amazon so lame, they did the same sh1t beefing with Youtube and them forcing to remove their app from Fire TVs a couple months back

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My amazon digital deluxe version just started pre-load. It came with Heavy Rain too (I guess the $10 extra for the deluxe version was worth it :leon:)

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
My amazon digital deluxe version just started pre-load. It came with Heavy Rain too (I guess the $10 extra for the deluxe version was worth it :leon:)
still can't preorder

Since I have prime and I've been attempting to preorder all month I'm going to contact them via chat box and see if they will honor the prime discount like they did with my God of War digital copy.

if u bug them enough they'll drop the price on the digital.

Doesn't make sense to pay 100 a year for prime and have to pay full price because Sony and Amazon decided to beef and fukk over the people.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
still can't preorder

Since I have prime and I've been attempting to preorder all month I'm going to contact them via chat box and see if they will honor the prime discount like they did with my God of War digital copy.

if u bug them enough they'll drop the price on the digital.

Doesn't make sense to pay 100 a year for prime and have to pay full price because Sony and Amazon decided to beef and fukk over the people.

Hmm...maybe I should bug them for my prime discount too.

I don’t know why the deluxe version is only digital. shyt’s kinda strange, but that’s how it is everywhere. Normally deluxe is physical :patrice:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
That's the thing - you actually DID do that type of shyt in Beyond Two Souls. But no one played it. People only remember the demos of childhood birthday parties and thriller movie cuts.

They don't remember shooting it out in Somalia, emptying a police station, playing James Bond in an embassy, or even the part where Ellen Paige was really about to suck dikk behind a corner store because she was dead fukking broke. There was Indian burial grounds and even some dead space type shyt where you were dealing up gates to hell.

You could even play coop - interactive movie is selling Beyond pretty fukking short... but that's all Detroit looks like TBH. And it's why I'm not all that excited.

:gucci:What are you talking about? Beyond and Detroit look to be the same play style. All Quantic dreams games are interactive movies, beyond was limited in control as well and was based on you choosing but in Beyond you couldn’t even die and have the story continue. To me you can’t cape for one of these games and hate on another as they are the exact same thing the only difference is story.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:gucci:What are you talking about? Beyond and Detroit look to be the same play style. All Quantic dreams games are interactive movies, beyond was limited in control as well and was based on you choosing but in Beyond you couldn’t even die and have the story continue. To me you can’t cape for one of these games and hate on another as they are the exact same thing the only difference is story.
that's the issue with reducing any game with rails and a choice system to the same category as tell tale games.... beyond let you do way more than heavy rain

both of those games let you do way more than your typical tell tale episode. people want to lump those together and just say that QD games are the same thing that just look amazing? Beyond had sequences that were closer to Alan Wake than anything else at times and the fact that it actually was a departure from the laid back ride that heavy rain was is what caused issues. beyond even had coop :dead: the game was all over the place. one chapter they got you chasing ghosts in the desert and the next they got you boxed in at a homeless shelter - and the game's actual framework went to shyt because they could never balance attempts and expanding gameplay with the easy mode shyt. the people who wanted a cruise got screwed and the people who actually got a game to play, which was the biggest complaint from heavy rain to beyond, were pissed because it never maintained that pace. no one was satisfied and even the studio was unsure of where they stood

only thing that detroit's shown is a premium on the dialed back parts of beyond that no one liked

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
that's the issue with reducing any game with rails and a choice system to the same category as tell tale games.... beyond let you do way more than heavy rain

both of those games let you do way more than your typical tell tale episode. people want to lump those together and just say that QD games are the same thing that just look amazing? Beyond had sequences that were closer to Alan Wake than anything else at times and the fact that it actually was a departure from the laid back ride that heavy rain was is what caused issues. beyond even had coop :dead: the game was all over the place. one chapter they got you chasing ghosts in the desert and the next they got you boxed in at a homeless shelter - and the game's actual framework went to shyt because they could never balance attempts and expanding gameplay with the easy mode shyt. the people who wanted a cruise got screwed and the people who actually got a game to play, which was the biggest complaint from heavy rain to beyond, were pissed because it never maintained that pace. no one was satisfied and even the studio was unsure of where they stood

only thing that detroit's shown is a premium on the dialed back parts of beyond that no one liked

Why even bring telltale up? As I never did, I was comparing one Quantic title with another. Beyond Two souls wasn’t anything different from what they have severed up, it was press and watch like all their other games and like I said only difference was story. All the games have the same formula and only difference is a change of story and characters. Hell Beyond seemed more limited in regards to choices.