Detroit: Become Human (Quantic Dream) Out now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Why even bring telltale up? As I never did, I was comparing one Quantic title with another. Beyond Two souls wasn’t anything different from what they have severed up, it was press and watch like all their other games and like I said only difference was story. All the games have the same formula and only difference is a change of story and characters. Hell Beyond seemed more limited in regards to choices.
Because Telltale is THE interactive story telling brand. You're rarely if ever allowed to walk from one scene to the next where as Beyond legit let you roam entire bases without handholding... dumbing down those games to "push and watch" is wild reductive.

Did you play beyond? Because "limited choices" is hardly a complaint that game ever received. There were a few binary choices on certain chapters and events had to occur to progress the story, but everything regarding the CIA, Native American tribes, Aiden, and especially the ending were blurry as hell. Hell, the homeless portion was an open essay on how much do you want life to suck

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Played the demo shyt was cool :ehh:

Never played a game like this

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like it's going to be an 80 meta. Not bad considering Cage is a dikkhead everyone hates.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
7/10

Detroit: Become Human Review - To Err Is Human

https://kotaku.com/detroit-become-human-the-kotaku-review-1826277408

Detroit tells a story of robots who look and act relatively human, making their way through a nonsense world where everyone, even the humans,doesn’t actually look or act human at all. It’s a fragmented radio broadcast from a valley within the uncanny valley, so many layers deep in unreality that it could never hope to make it out intact. Sorry, Siri; apologies, Alexa. You’re still just appliances to me.

8/10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/24/detroit-become-human-review

Looks like its about a 7 or 8 but nothing ground breaking or amazing. If you like these type of games you'll like this one. I'll probably have mine tuesday, I have plenty of back log before I get to this.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
They aren't talking about the game being gone, they mean the Gamers Club Discount has been discontinued.
Best Buy isn't accepting any new members, or allowing anyone to renew their membership.
Holy shyt I like just signed up really recently I must've got in right before they discontinued

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
in the interest of purely objective stat keeping, lemme cherry-pick some bad reviews: :lolbron:

Detroit: Become Human wants to move you. It wants to elicit an emotional response through its story. The thing is, it really doesn't. The flowchart is a nice inclusion and adds some variance, but when the narrative is as cringey and ham-fisted as it is you won't want to play through it multiple times.

A cliche-ridden written story that has some decent ideas throughout, but is so bleak it's hard to grow attached to.

The game believes it's a sci-fi version of Eyes on the Prize, when really it's closer to a sci-fi Kendall Jenner Pepsi commercial.

Creating a coherent branching narrative of this scope would be exceedingly difficult for even the most experienced and accomplished Hollywood scriptwriter. It proves to be utterly impossible for the writer behind Detroit.

Part of my frustration with Detroit is that I’ve spent the last several years watching other game developers make far better narrative-focused games, often with substantially fewer resources.

Detroit is a beautiful game, one rendered with a level of visual care and detail that’s rare even in the lavish world of blockbuster video games. But all of that work feels wasted, tied to a story that, by the end, feels meaningless. In Detroit, androids can dream. But the game’s creators can’t seem to dream of anything new to say.

The biggest crime a piece of media can make is to be boring and Detroit is as guilty as can be.

:damn: