DETECTIVE PIKACHU starring Ryan Reynolds. *Live action Pokemon movie*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said "for years" then I said "buy into" cause Nintendo has also been worth a lot less in recent years due to how tied they are to their systems succeeding. Also don't get me started on how that earthquake in Japan fukked them and their supply chain up. It showed the weakness to their model.

Also Disney doesn't need to own them, just enough to get the dibs to make movies/shows off their IP's.

Honestly it would Nintendo some good to divert some of that "liquid" into Disney stock to protect themselves and get exclusive rights to making games off of Disney properties.

:gucci:

Worth a lot less in recent years? Their latest fiscal report shows they're up (net sales, operating profit, etc.) from virtually every angle.

Nintendo has strong showing in latest fiscal report

And Nintendo has so much money they could lose $250 mill a year until 2052 and still survive.

Is Nintendo doomed? Not likely. Just take a look at how much money it's got in the bank | GamesRadar+

Nintendo doesn't need Disney at all. And the odds of them letting a foreign company invest or "buy into" them in any significant way is 0. Literally 0.

Fred.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:gucci:

Worth a lot less in recent years? Their latest fiscal report shows they're up (net sales, operating profit, etc.) from virtually every angle.

Nintendo has strong showing in latest fiscal report

And Nintendo has so much money they could lose $250 mill a year until 2052 and still survive.

Is Nintendo doomed? Not likely. Just take a look at how much money it's got in the bank | GamesRadar+

Nintendo doesn't need Disney at all. And the odds of them letting a foreign company invest or "buy into" them in any significant way is 0. Literally 0.

Fred.

I am not trying to play you, but you keep doubling down on being wrong:hhh: you are clearly jumping around for data to prove your point and promoting fallacies.

Recent Years..... is not this year and you posting links from 2012 and 2018 is creating a fake frame because 2014 happened in between and the stock then was worth less than half of what it is now at about $12 a share. Before the mobile apps and the switch in 2016, Nintendo was looking real weak in the light, and due to its heavy emphasis on using its own hardware that could happen again. Even the savings it has is pointless because it uses that money to produce its hardware, maintain its own supply chain, and as a public company is beholden to shareowners. Shareholders don't care if you got money in the bank they want the value of their share to go up.

Read this and you can then understand the issue Nintendo has with its model and company being so insular.

Why Nintendo (NTDOY) Stock Is Falling Today

Nintendo says the earthquake & tsunami of 2011 affected Wii U development - NintendoToday

Nintendo admits Wii U to be sold at loss

They live and die based on how the hardware is selling. Even before 2014 you can see the trend of the stock being tied to how popular its hardware is. Them getting into mobile was necessary to try and alleviate that dependence. However, a smarter move would be to let Disney buy in with Disney stock to keep the company afloat with foreign investments in case they get stuck with another Wii U or a earthquake affects their supply chain again.
:hubie:

Now if you want to argue that they wont do that due to corporate xenophobia, sure. Xenophobia makes sense because after 2012 they should of done stock exchanges to buffer their risk. What if they had two flops in a row or another Earthquake hits right before a product release? They are exposed to all those risks by being so insular. However, they haven't been killing the game for more than 2 years. I want to say 2016 is when they started doing well again,

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I am not trying to play you, but you keep doubling down on being wrong:hhh: you are clearly jumping around for data to prove your point and promoting fallacies.

Recent Years..... is not this year and you posting links from 2012 and 2018 is creating a fake frame because 2014 happened in between and the stock then was worth less than half of what it is now at about $12 a share. Before the mobile apps and the switch Nintendo in 2016 was looking real weak in the light, and due to its heavy emphasis on using its own hardware that could happen again. Even the savings it has is pointless because it uses that money to produce its hardware, maintain its own supply chain, and as a public company is beholden to shareowners. Shareholders don't care if you got money in the bank they want the value of their share to go up.

Read this and you can then understand the issue Japan has with its model and company being so insular.

Why Nintendo (NTDOY) Stock Is Falling Today

Nintendo says the earthquake & tsunami of 2011 affected Wii U development - NintendoToday

Nintendo admits Wii U to be sold at loss

They live and die based on how the hardware is selling. Even before 2014 you can see the trend of the stock being tied to how popular its hardware is. Them getting into mobile was necessary to try and alleviate that dependence. However, a smarter move would be to let Disney buy in with Disney stock to keep the company afloat with foreign investments in case they get stuck with another Wii U or a earthquake affects their supply chain again.
:hubie:

Now if you want to argue that they wont do that due to corporate xenophobia, sure. Xenophobia makes sense because after 2012 they should of done stock exchanges to buffer their risk. However, they haven't been killing the game for more than 2 years. I want to say 2016 is when they started doing well again,

:yeshrug:

Breh what is the point of posting links from 2011, 2012 and 2015 when the 2018 fiscal report is out and everything is up?

What is the point of posting a 2014 report about their stock being $12 a share when it's currently $38 a share?

What is the point of mentioning that the Wii-U was sold at a loss, when it's literally the first Nintendo console up to that point sold at a loss....and selling hardware at a loss is common for the industry?

What is the point of talking about "Nintendo is worth less in recent years" when 2012 was the first annual loss Nintendo posted in 30 years?

I'm seriously confused. The company has been around since the 1800's....you're cherry picking a few bad years to make a point. If you made this argument in the middle of the Wii-U flopping it would be short sighted....but I could kinda understand. Making this argument when the Switch has been generating a profit since day 1 and their numbers are up across the board is....puzzling, to say the least.

Fred.