Desus & Mero on VICELAND

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I got a logon, but my guess is they might be fukking themselves putting the show behind a paywall.
Not only that but it's weekly. They're effectiveness comes from them commentating on current events everyday and Viceland is included in a lot of cable packages. Then they had their shyt uploaded to youtube. Look at what happened to His and Hers when they thought they were moving on to bigger and better things. People are fukking fickle.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
i'm happy for them, but it's gonna be a long 6 months for their new content :mjcry:

i'm confident their new show will keep that same energy that delievered on Viceland.

like that NYT article mentioned....their show is special because it has that "if you know, you know" vibe...the NYC lingo, black twitter inside jokes, etc

they spit their jokes so fast paced and build off of each other....i don't know if i've seen another comedy duo work like this.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Not only that but it's weekly. They're effectiveness comes from them commentating on current events everyday and Viceland is included in a lot of cable packages. Then they had their shyt uploaded to youtube. Look at what happened to His and Hers when they thought they were moving on to bigger and better things. People are fukking fickle.

the other problem is if they think people are gonna sit around and wait 6 months while they move to showtime, they might be dead wrong. I agree, their show works well because it's so topical. I probably will find another show to fill the void while they take their time.

Daps
the other problem is if they think people are gonna sit around and wait 6 months while they move to showtime, they might be dead wrong. I agree, their show works well because it's so topical. I probably will find another show to fill the void while they take their time.

They sat around and waited for 9 months when they moved to Viceland.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
They sat around and waited for 9 months when they moved to Viceland.

not me. I wasn't aware of them prior to viceland. I'm sure they have a much bigger audience this go round and a lot of them aren't gonna wait and then follow them behind a paywall in showtime. a lot of cord cutters watch them via youtube as well, and that doesn't work with showtime either.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Most of the highly acclaimed shows of this type are 1 time a week i.e. John Oliver, Sam Bee, Mahr. Oliver has won the last two Emmys for best show. No one talks about Trevor Noah and all the shows they have tried to put behind him that have all been canceled including one last week. You still see the official YouTube clips of Oliver and Mahr going viral even though they are HBO shows. I’m sure you will see at least one clip from Desos & Mero’s new show every week on all the blogs whether it’s a interview or skit they think might go viral. I’m sure they not worried about going behind a paywall.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Their podcast is weekly though and that’s been their flagship thing