Desus & Mero on VICELAND

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
What kind of contract did Viceland have them in where they could bounce to another network that easily

viceland probably paid them peanuts, which is probably why they had the flexibility to jump ship. but then again, they weren't really known when they started, and now everyone knows them.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
they're going to a premium channel. they're gonna have a much smaller reach than they do on viceland which is available for everyone.
1. The check is gonna be larger
2. It’s weekly(which sucks but it frees them up to do other things).
3. They’ll have no restrictions.

I was wondering what would happen if they got film offers or if they went on tour. Viceland takes the L here because that was the one show you had to see daily. The big shock is that it happened out of nowhere and so abruptly.

Daps
Probably year to year. We still hadn’t found out whether they were gonna get renewed for season 3 or not.

They we're absolutely gonna get renewed. Desus and Mero is Viceland's flagship show. Them leaving really hurts that network.

Gotta say, their ascention over the past 5 years has been CRAZY. They went from 2 dudes that Tweeted during their jobs to having a podcast, to having a web series on Complex, to MTV2, to Viceland and now Showtime. :salute:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
‘Desus & Mero’ Stars Ending Their Viceland Show, Eye Deal At Showtime

EXCLUSIVE: Desus Nice and The Kid Mero are on the move. I hear the duo will be leaving Viceland where they have hosted their own daily late-night talk show, Desus & Mero, for two seasons. It hasn’t been revealed where they are headed but I hear they are close to a deal at Showtime for a weekly show.

I hear Desus and Mero started telling the staff about their pending departure from Viceland yesterday. The show’s final episode is expected to air June 28.

I hear Viceland tried to keep Desus and Mero onboard with a new deal but I hear the duo got an opportunity they felt they could not pass on. Reps for Viceland and Showtime declined comment.
pastedimage.png

With its own style, Desus & Mero has been able to cut through the late-night clutter and stand out, quickly emerging as one of Viceland’s signature shows. Shot daily from the VICE Media Headquarters in Brooklyn, Desus and Mero features the Bronx-bred pals who sound off on the issues of the day, covering news, pop culture, and day-to-day life.

Since its Oct. 17, 2016 debut, Desus & Mero, which airs Monday-Thursday at 11 PM, has featured a slew of guests, including Rachel Maddow, Rashida Jones, Melissa McCarthy, Pete Holmes, Jesse Williams, Anthony Anderson, Jerrod Carmichael, Aubrey Plaza, Whoopi Goldberg, Larry Wilmore, Al Sharpton, Jimmy Fallon, Issa Rae, Seth Meyers, Danny McBride, Walton Goggins, Terry Crews, Seth Rogen and Bill Hader.

Desus Nice and The Kid Mero also have their popular podcast, Bodega Boys.