Desiigner's "Panda' has charted higher than any solo Future song

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why must y'all defend so hard though? Am I wrong to say that the southern style of rap is the wave everyone is following? I wasn't mad when NY was on top. I appreciated it. Same way I appreciated Cali's reign. nikkas just cant give us props no way no how. Even when the truth is in your face. A NY nikka will take credit for anything. LOL.
What exactly am I defending?

I don't think I posted one message in defense of any one or anything

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
Nikka you are derailing the topic. My use of hella was a clever nod to Cali nikkas in that statement.

Bottom line is... NOBODY is trying to sound like NY but damn near the rest of the country, NY included, are on the dikk of the south.

Its also funny how yall nikkas keep bringin up Dipset like they represent such a NY sound but I remember many moons ago NY'ers goin at Dipsets head for doing southern, west coast and midwest joints. If anything, Dipset made it kosher for NY nikkas to mimic the sounds of other regions (Do I need to post the songs????)

You used a fukking Pen N Pixel Texas style cover from Cam during the era of his Bout It Bout It and Certified Gangstas joints. WHAT is your logic in using that as an example. fukkin terrible example...damn.

What west and midwest shyt dipset they was doing ?

They did the south shyt in 04 wit a collab tape with flip

And the sizzurp mixtape later that year

But even then

They were rapping over south beats
And collabing with south rappers

Dipset sound is ny to the core

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
V5Ek6nf.gif
44ejrhx.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally no one thinks people from NYC have 'swag' except you guys lol. You wont find a single poster outside of the Tri-State who is enamored with New York City culture or style.

You guys should really stop living in the 70s and 80s brehs.

As a New Yorker who is well traveled.... Being from New York goes along way with a lot of people. We didn't make this up. When bytches find out your from here there interests are piqued.

You may think I'm fabricating this but it's a real thing. I was in LA 2 weeks ago and bytches was fascinated asking question about NYC life. I even fukked a server at that spot on sunset called "Maia" off a conversation that started when she carded me and peeped the BK address. After that she was on my dikk and i fukked here the next night.

This is shyt you experience when you leave New York. And that shyt works pretty much everywhere. Why you think we're so gassed?

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
more ny slang :blessed: get off our dikks :smh:
What does that prove though in regards to me? I'm not a rapper or an artist. I've lived all over the world, currently in the south, but not from here.

You keep dodging this shyt like wildfire and bringing it back to me. I'm irrelevant.

What's relevant is the fact that NY nikkas are on the dikk of the southern style of slang and music. I don't even know why this is an argument. You can go outside on the block in NY and hear/see exactly what I'm saying. Why are you so uptight about this fact?

shyt, every region damn near is on the dikk of the south right now because it's what's hot. I don't know why this is such a hard thing for NY nikkas to understand. Either that or they're in major denial.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
As a New Yorker who is well traveled.... Being from New York goes along way with a lot of people. We didn't make this up. When bytches find out your from here there interests are piqued.

You may think I'm fabricating this but it's a real thing. I was in LA 2 weeks ago and bytches was fascinated asking question about NYC life. I even fukked a server at that spot on sunset called "Maia" off a conversation that started when she carded me and peeped the BK address. After that she was on my dikk and i fukked here the next night.

This is shyt you experience when you leave New York. And that shyt works pretty much everywhere. Why you think we're so gassed?

100% true. Dont get me started on international trips. They might hate americans but the love NYers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
100% true. Dont get me started on international trips. They might hate americans but the love NYers.
My nikka what I was in DR they was referring to the whole continent as "NUEVA YORK" :russ:.

These nikkas don't get it, with out bragging I'll just say being from NY Is the shyt when you elsewhere

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What west and midwest shyt dipset they was doing ?

They did the south shyt in 04 wit a collab tape with flip

And the sizzurp mixtape later that year

But even then

They were rapping over south beats
And collabing with south rappers

Dipset sound is ny to the core
You obviously were not a real Dipset fan if you're oblivious to all their west coast, midwest and southern styles. Of course I'm not saying they were on the dikk of those regions, they were more or less "tributing" those regions' sounds and were some of the first NY artists to broaden their sound away from a NY sound (D-Block for example was on the mixtape circuit at the same time as well but would never deviate from the NY sound).

Some that come up in my mind:

West:

South:

Midwest:

And for the record, I loved what Dipset did. And I love NY and its sound.

But all I'm doing in this thread is pointing out that the old NY is not what it once was and NY is now sharking southern styles, slang and beats harder than ever. Anyone who does not see this is just in denial. It's not like I'm talking crazy....

Look at who this thread is about. Y'all NY nikkas honestly think Desiigner embodies that NY lifestyle and feel? With that bootleg southern accent he talks/raps with and all the bando, choppa, and saying do' and fo' instead of door and four.... that's a NY nikka nowadays?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
You are what we call a reacher.

Future did not model his mixtape after Cam. It is modeled after Prince. Same inspiration Cam got for whatever cover that is.

Plus, that cover you posted is a tribute to Pin N Pixel style Master P covers and this was around the time Cam made Bout It Bout It Pt II... that right there is too much southern dikkriding and it was a bad example to show that cover and use Cam of all people as an example. SMH.
:mjlol:these nikka don't no shyt about music

These nikkas dont know shyt about goodie mob too

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
My nikka what I was in DR they was referring to the whole continent as "NUEVA YORK" :russ:.

These nikkas don't get it, with out bragging I'll just say being from NY Is the shyt when you elsewhere

Them: where you from :upsetfavre:

Me: american :stopitslime:

Them: what part :skip:

Me: NYC :jawalrus:

Them: :gladbron: i love NYC

EVERYTIME :pachaha:

Taco

All Star
Daps
No they not lol

Dej loaf (detroit) herself said ny nikkas got the most swag
Ok nvm lol you obviously know this based off of experience? Lol everytime I go out of state as soon as I speak the waitresses, hostesses, bell hops, secretary's, and mostly the thots askin where I'm from. Soon as I say Cali it breaks the ice and I'm stuck answering everything they wanna know bout that Cali life. But I'll let you tell it fam.