Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Maybe if you have the means of reliably reselling, but holding onto a bag 3-4 years and trying to flip it won't work when they have so many different styles releasing constantly and things go out of style

For some of the prices they are selling for you'd do better creating your own brand if you were trying to make money

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
:unimpressed:Cardi should def look into fine art

Screenshot-20231015-232302-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20231015-232316-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20231015-232354-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20231015-232420-Chrome.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Except it's not a different story, it is the story

It's easy to say all this "just buy real estate" shyt when everything is doing good but what about when an unexpected pandemic hits and no one can pay you rent and you're bleeding money? Can you stay afloat if another 2008 happens? Or do you need to sell all that shyt before you end up with nothing?

It's not as binary as nikkas are trying to make it

I aint say it was breh but the housing market is still red hot even after the pandemic... :hubie: that's all im saying... if it makes you money why not try???

Ɀoᥱɣ

All Star
Daps
Maybe if you have the means of reliably reselling, but holding onto a bag 3-4 years and trying to flip it won't work when they have so many different styles releasing constantly and things go out of style

For some of the prices they are selling for you'd do better creating your own brand if you were trying to make money

To the bolded no you wouldn't lol unless you knew some celebs to market/advertise your product, otherwise no one will buy some unknown handbags without cosign. Not saying it's right btw but I personally know several people who tried to start their own brands and only 2 have made over $50,000 and that's because of celebs advertising their items.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
To the bolded no you wouldn't lol unless you knew some celebs to market/advertise your product, otherwise no one will buy some unknown handbags without cosign. Not saying it's right btw but I personally know several people who tried to start their own brands and only 2 have made over $50,000 and that's because of celebs advertising their items.
I was speaking moreso if you were cardi herself

As a random with no name and 6 figures, yeah you'd need a solid marketing plan

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who the artist? I wanna view my people's work esp if they black.

Yep. My art dealer house has original Aaron Douglas, Elizabeth Catlett and Jacob Lawrence's. She also has 3 Basquiat drawings.

Breh...SHE HAS YARD SCULPTURE!!!!:damn:
If you want to know a black artist in the concert poster scene check out jermaine rogers; he’s not dead.

I’ve bout a few Emek’s pieces. Hes the dude responsible for a lot of Badu’s artwork. He’s not black but his work is dope. He does the Coachella prints.

That’s wild in regards to ur dealers house. I’ve been to a few homes that have original Warhols, Harings, Basquiat and other paintings that I recognize but don’t know the artists who did them.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
If you want to know a black artist in the concert poster scene check out jermaine rogers; he’s not dead.

I’ve bout a few Emek’s pieces. Hes the dude responsible for a lot of Badu’s artwork. He’s not black but his work is dope. He does the Coachella prints.

That’s wild in regards to ur dealers house. I’ve been to a few homes that have original Warhols, Harings, Basquiat and other paintings that I recognize but don’t know the artists who did them.
Good look on the artists...but who is the recently passed artist? I wanna see their work breh.

Yea man I even seen an Artist Proof from Jacob Lawrence from his lithographs.

When you see artists that be in museums and shyt sitting in people's houses is trippy.

I can only imagine Kanye, Jay Z and Swizz Art collections...gotta be crazy as fukk. Even Vlad had a Keith Haring one time.

We as Black people gotta invest in art.

$3,500.00 is not a lot of money to buy art as an investment. At all. Esp when the artist is always creating and is in a museum. Hell you geauxin on $3K vacations...them engagement rings be worth $3,500.00 too.

But ya know.....a fool with money....

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good look on the artists...but who is the recently passed artist? I wanna see their work breh.

Yea man I even seen an Artist Proof from Jacob Lawrence from his lithographs.

When you see artists that be in museums and shyt sitting in people's houses is trippy.

I can only imagine Kanye, Jay Z and Swizz Art collections...gotta be crazy as fukk. Even Vlad had a Keith Haring one time.

We as Black people gotta invest in art.

$3,500.00 is not a lot of money to buy art as an investment. At all. Esp when the artist is always creating and is in a museum. Hell you geauxin on $3K vacations...them engagement rings be worth $3,500.00 too.

But ya know.....a fool with money....
Yeah, Jay’s is supposedly crazy. I mean, even the shyt he has in the Roc Nation office is crazy. Can only imagine the stuff he has locked away or in the home.

The artist who passed was Brian Ewing, not crazy big, but known in the rock scene. Did a lot of pop art, and incorporated it into gig posters.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Yeah, Jay’s is supposedly crazy. I mean, even the shyt he has in the Roc Nation office is crazy. Can only imagine the stuff he has locked away or in the home.

The artist who passed was Brian Ewing, not crazy big, but known in the rock scene. Did a lot of pop art, and incorporated it into gig posters.
Jay also collects emerging artists too. I'm tryna cross paths with him cause I know he will buy one as soon as he sees it. Esp the piece I got in the museum too. Jay art room gotta be sick...he got Warhols in his bathroom man.. you know how rich you gotta be to have a WARHOL IN YA BATHROOM?:pachaha:

I'm fenna check him out.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I aint say it was breh but the housing market is still red hot even after the pandemic... :hubie: that's all im saying... if it makes you money why not try???
I never said don't try my overall point is if nikkas are gonna talk about real estate they need to tell the whole story

It's like rappers that talk about the benefits of trapping street shyt but have no songs about being in prison

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
like any "investment" it depends on what you want to do with it
I'm going to say no though because you can't continually get income from a purse sitting in your closet like real estate could
she's only mad because they're not paying if they were she wouldn't be saying that
just like she would get mad if no one was buying the purse she's selling

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay also collects emerging artists too. I'm tryna cross paths with him cause I know he will buy one as soon as he sees it. Esp the piece I got in the museum too. Jay art room gotta be sick...he got Warhols in his bathroom man.. you know how rich you gotta be to have a WARHOL IN YA BATHROOM?:pachaha:

I'm fenna check him out.
Send some links to your work or page