• Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters

mag357

Superstar
Daps
She's dumb but the conversation sheds light on a problem in society.

Housing shouldn't really be a for profit venture. It is something people need and there is finite amount of space on this planet.
This...

And this is basically the strongest point of how dumb she is.

We have turned buying property as a business.
But at the very essence, it's a place you and your family always to live. That's it's value. It's shelter. It's land raise animals and grow food.
It just so happens other people like shelter too, and you can sell it to them for a profit.

A bag is a fukking bag.
If tomorrow they say Hermes is founded by nazis or all Picassos are trash. You're fukked.
You can't eat a Picasso. You can burn it for warmth tho

mag357

Superstar
Daps
No I'm stupid why don't you explain it to me
You are not stupid...
Buy your response to dude didn't make sense.

He said a company can tank and the value is shot.

You can't say the same for property.

Even if you don't take care of your property, it still should show an increase in value. Land is that valuable

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Too many moving parts to sway one way or the other

Making a bad investment in a Real Estate property has the potential to mess up your entire portfolio

A Designer bag is still a bag at the end of the day. Doesn't matter how much the resale value is, if the bag ends up being destroyed or ruined, it would be a loss regardless

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
She's dumb but the conversation sheds light on a problem in society.

Housing shouldn't really be a for profit venture. It is something people need and there is finite amount of space on this planet.

Sounds nice in fairytale land, but the recurring prices of utilities on the land you reside on (gas, electric, sewage, landlines) on top of property taxes make it a necessity to charge rent and make housing a for-profit venture

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay Z told these negroes with money to invest in art....they do not listen
Jay telling people to buy art is an example. Art ain't the only asset class that's what y'all are missing

If Cardi knows bags more than art, and bags are a sufficient asset, why not invest in what you're already passionate about? And art is not just paintings on a wall. Hermes bags could just as well be considered an "art investment"

Just running off a Jay line with surface level understanding is how these markets get oversaturated and burned out because of nikkas flooding one space because some person told them "this is the lick". Diversity matters.

It's funny seeing these condescending replies about a person who's invested in bags and real estate giving her perspective :russ:. Even funnier that everyone in here has been alive long enough to at least witness two significant real estate crashes in less than 20 years

Lab coat fallacy

Last edited:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Jay telling people to buy art is an example. Art ain't the only asset class that's what y'all are missing

If Cardi knows bags more than art, and bags are a sufficient asset, why not invest in what you're already passionate about? And art is not just paintings on a wall. Bermes bags could just as well be considered an "art investment"

Just running off a Jay line with surface level understanding is how these markets get oversaturated and burned out because of nikkas flooding one space because some person told them "this is the lick". Diversity matters.

It's funny seeing these condescending replies about a person who's invested in bags and real estate giving her perspective :russ:. Even funnier that everyone in here has been alive long enough to at least witness two significant real estate crashes in less than 20 years

Lab coat fallacy
Not quite. Art is the best investment avail next to land. Businesses flop and brands geaux out of style. Art and kand appreciates like no ones business. Cardi has a home in ATL. I bet you she got trinket bullshyt Art on them walls. But the money she spent on cars and bags she could've had atleast 3 Basquiats.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So does fine art.

Im not disputing that, just adding my opinion on what Cardi is implying. I wouldn’t say it’s a better investment than real estate cause it many variables involved in investing. But I can attest to the designer bag shyt through experience.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are not stupid...
Buy your response to dude didn't make sense.

He said a company can tank and the value is shot.

You can't say the same for property.

Even if you don't take care of your property, it still should show an increase in value. Land is that valuable
Yes you can say the same for property

Is land possibly the most valuable asset on earth? Of course it is, but that's not the only metric to consider and that's where "just invest in real estate" gets an undeserved pass for finessing nikkas

I keep mentioning lab coat fallacy because nikkas act like real estate isn't volatile. Everyone ain't in a "just buy the land and hold" situation, otherwise no land or properties would ever be sold. The shyt gets sold all the time:mjlol:. It's easy to say if you're Ted Turner, but what if you're just the guy that has 2-3 houses and the market crashes and now you're hemorrhaging cash?

Real estate is subject to volatility and the whims of catastrophe just like anything else in this world that can be bought or sold. That's my point

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where Cardi renting where you can go 9 months without paying her rent? :lupe:
During the pandemic laws changed

You can't necessarily just immediately kick someone out for being late on rent in certain olaces. A lot of people are finessing the system this way

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Im not disputing that, just adding my opinion on what Cardi is implying. I wouldn’t say it’s a better investment than real estate cause it many variables involved in investing. But I can attest to the designer bag shyt through experience.
I wasnt clear. I want rappers to stop this investing bullshyt in accessories. It's infantile. Jewelry and fukking bags is the main investment profile for rappers and I'm sick of it.

You got all this disposable income and you spend it on clothes and bags and cars and jewels...meanwhile you can actually own artwork from Titian, Warhol, Khalu, Basquiat, Haring, Vand Der Zee and Savage...

It's crazy to me...plus it makes you home look better.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was clear. I want rappers to stop this investing bullshyt in accessories. It's infantile. Jewelry and fukking bags is the main investment profile for rappers and I'm sick of it.

You got all this disposable income and you spend it on clothes and bags and cars and jewels...meanwhile you can actually own artwork from Titian, Warhol, Khalu, Basquiat, Haring, Vand Der Zee and Savage...

It's crazy to me...plus it makes you home look better.
You're just taking an opportunity to be condescending and flex art knowledge:mjlol:

Jewelry and bags are investment classes too. Rappers are awful at the jewelry part but we're acting like Rolex and all these other luxury watch brands don't exist and appreciate in value. Are old cacs(the reason anything we've becoms expensive) infantile for investing in these same watches and bags? Or is it just them dumbass rappers? :mjpls:

And how do you know who owns what? Cardi could have a room with all those artists on her wall and you wouldn't even know it:dead:

How is your precious art not also "accessories"?