Derek Fisher on the 90s/2000s NBA vs current NBA. Is he right, or is he another Retired player hating?

Do you agree current NBA is WWE, older NBA is WWF?

• Yes I agree, he has a point

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No I do not, he's just another retired player hating again

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The WWF was scripted and so is WWE. It's ironic because he played for the Lakers and the refs cheated for them all the time :russ: he got some nerve

The WWF only changed their name to WWE because they got sued by some clout chasing wildlife company
Exactly. I wanted to laugh seeing that when the WWF was forced to change his name. Had nothing to do with a shift in entertainment focus.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The all-star game is.

The rest is just that they are just more strategic as far as resting, not killing themselves in early regular season games, not playing the toughest defense when a blowout is already initiated etc.

Cause how the fukk is just shooting 3s aiming for better entertainment?

Entertainment is the playoffs when people play tough defense, dudes almost start fighting, double teaming people forcing them to pull up etc.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
So what was the wwf compared to wwe?

I don’t get the analogy
Really because that was a decent analogy even tho i dont agree with his point...WWF was considered real wrestling and WWE is a live action soap opera.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
WWF changed their name due to a lawsuit. Both eras are still sports entertainment.

It's a very stupid analogy.

But when it was WWF primarily in the 80s and 90s it was looked at as a sport and not a stage show like it is as WWE her accidentally got the analogy correct.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Exactly. I wanted to laugh seeing that when the WWF was forced to change his name. Had nothing to do with a shift in entertainment focus.

It actually did shift when the name changed he didnt present is correctly but it did change....Youre old enough to remember when WWF in the 80s was actually considered a sport and not theatre.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The WWF was scripted and so is WWE. It's ironic because he played for the Lakers and the refs cheated for them all the time :russ: he got some nerve

The WWF only changed their name to WWE because they got sued by some clout chasing wildlife company

Not sure how the World Wildlife Fund was "clout chasing". They trademarked the acronym way back in 1961, nearly 20 years before Vince started using it. They didn't sue until 15 years later when people started looking for things on the internet. It's gotta suck when everyone knows you by "WWF", but when they actually search for WWF all they can find is a bunch of wrestling links. Even then, when it first came up they worked out a settlement where both organizations would continue using the acronym, just so long as Vince limited how he used it. Vince violated the settlement, and thus he lost the rights to the acronym entirely.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure how the World Wildlife Fund was "clout chasing". They trademarked the acronym way back in 1961, nearly 20 years before Vince started using it. They didn't sue until 15 years later when people started looking for things on the internet. It's gotta suck when everyone knows you by "WWF", but when they actually search for WWF all they can find is a bunch of wrestling links. Even then, when it first came up they worked out a settlement where both organizations would continue using the acronym, just so long as Vince limited how he used it. Vince violated the settlement, and thus he lost the rights to the acronym entirely.
Ironically, to this day idk a soul who associates WWF with pandas :heh: I’m sure the ppl who are already in that circle do tho

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

For starters clout chasing is wrestling 101 and I say this as a fan/historian.

Secondly, WWF had the name first and agreed to share it and surprise, surprise Vince disregarded boundaries and the law and it bit him in the ass.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ironically, to this day idk a soul who associates WWF with pandas :heh: I’m sure the ppl who are already in that circle do tho
Terry the Racist, Stone Cold, The Rock etc have probably unknowingly done more for that org than anybody directly involved with it.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really because that was a decent analogy even tho i dont agree with his point...WWF was considered real wrestling and WWE is a live action soap opera.

It was always a live action sports opera, Stone Cold spraying the ring with a beer hose and Undertaker sacrificing people on a symbol isn’t presenting like a real sport lol

We just grew up so perspectives changed

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
It was always a live action sports opera, Stone Cold spraying the ring with a beer hose and Undertaker sacrificing people on a symbol isn’t presenting like a real sport lol

Stone Cold is around the time it changed to WWE.IM talking about in the 80s when Hulk Hogan appeared on the cover of SI.
It was considered a sport.Even tho it was an opera the entire time the public didnt treat it as such until later on...

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida

A lot of people look at the Attitude Era like everything from that time was gold lol, when you had shyt like Kaientai, and shyt like Beaver Cleavage. :mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stone Cold is around the time it changed to WWE.IM talking about in the 80s when Hulk Hogan appeared on the cover of SI.
It was considered a sport.Even tho it was an opera the entire time the public didnt treat it as such until later on...

They changed to WWE in May 2002, Stone Cold’s prime was already over by then

I would say bc back then less was known about the industry behind the scenes so it was easier to maintain the kayfabe that it was real, and the image they wanted it to be as conservative and family friendly as possible

At its core though, wrestling has always been what it is - A TV show about a sport

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people look at the Attitude Era like everything from that time was gold lol, when you had shyt like Kaientai, and shyt like Beaver Cleavage. :mjlol:

Kaientai tying Val Venis up :mjlol:

Big Boss Man cooking Al Snow’s dog, then invading Big Show’s daddy funeral and dragging the casket with his truck :mjlol: