Tether babble "@MamaAfrica"

Damn shame, elongated forehead having ass bytch :scust:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
If you point out the Black LGBTQ+ community works against us, then you are homophobic. True pro-Blackness is action, not words. Umar blurts out words, but his actions go counter to them. Don Lemon can complain about White men one second, yet bed with them the next. If the actions do not align with the words being said by the person, then I choose to judge based on the actions.

So, anyone spending their money to watch this mess, advertise this mess, defend this mess, or participate in this mess, will be judge by their actions instead of their proclamations of being for Black people. You really for Black people? Then let your actions show you are also concerned about the image of Black people and the representation of our past.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I forgot what it's called,but it's based on a book by a Black feminist of course. A lady starts randomly traveling back in time to a plantation that I think her female ancestor was on. She can't stop her p*ssy from being wetter than the Amazon for the massa of the plantation. I think she becomes a house wench because she's so smart and they bond because she's intelligent and plus she's dating a white guy as well in the future. :mjlol:
Kindred by Octavia Butler. One of the great Black sci-fi writers but unfortunately she had a habit of pairing Black women lead characters with non BM until close to the end of her life (Parable of the Sower).

The Oankali books, Parable of the Sower, Parable of the Talents and her short stories like Bloodchild are objectively great scifi as long as you realize strong non-mixed Black male characters aren't her thing except in the Parables books.

I haven't read Kindred but I was kind of :comeon: at her explanation for writing it in an interview she gave. She talked about a classmate in the 1970s that denounced older Black people for being accommodationists and goes on to say she basically admired the people who endured slavery without fighting back and patiently worked and hoped for better days (incremental change) since the rebellious and outspoken people got killed and accomplished nothing and left no descendants. She also says the bf in Kindred had to be White since a modern Black man traveling back to slavery would have gone out of pocket and gotten himself killed.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
The blue explains the bold, a bunch of excuse-making. We boast of our cultural imprint on the world and then act powerless to effect... culture. :beli:

I've used this word before in political context, but it works here too: self-abnegation. A house needs to be built, the whole community puts on handcuffs, and then whines about how they can't build the house.

I agree but here are the two main problems:

1) Black celebrities and politicians are either controlled or feel they want to audition for a job with them, not represent us. Thus the Black actresses repping this filth.

2) Black people at large are inarticulate. I think the worse symptom is the decline of institutions (Church, civil rights orgs, Black fraternal or non-secret societies) coupled with a generation that thinks tweeting is activism or a movement. Black Twitter is a symptom of this.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I agree but here are the two main problems:

1) Black celebrities and politicians are either controlled or feel they want to audition for a job with them, not represent us. Thus the Black actresses repping this filth.

2) Black people at large are inarticulate. I think the worse symptom is the decline of institutions (Church, civil rights orgs, Black fraternal or non-secret societies) coupled with a generation that thinks tweeting is activism or a movement. Black Twitter is a symptom of this.
I don't disagree, but wait-- the fraternal orgs are in a decline?! As unaffiliated Northerners, we're not really plugged in like that. My down South cousins are, ofc, AKA's, but we don't talk about it beyond the basics.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
I don't disagree, but wait-- the fraternal orgs are in a decline?! As unaffiliated Northerners, we're not really plugged in like that. My down South cousins are, ofc, AKA's, but we don't talk about it beyond the basics.

No the Divine 9 are strong I meant the power players like Prince Hall masons, Odd Fellows, and others. Divine 9 provide more social networking than issue advocacy in my experience. That's not bad, but it isn't the front for political change.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
No the Divine 9 are strong I meant the power players like Prince Hall masons, Odd Fellows, and others. Divine 9 provide more social networking than issue advocacy in my experience. That's not bad, but it isn't the front for political change.
Yeah, I have no idea of the full extent of their power, being north. But you're right. I only hear about Masons when my mother is going to dances and she's a senior citizen. They falling off. It's weird bc I do know young Masons, but you don't hear about any activities or anything.