Denzel Washington The Equalizer Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not gonna lie, Denzel's schitck is wearing thin for me. Like DeNiro, I believe he plays himself in a lot of movies. In this movie, he does it again, but I was entertained. The storyline was fairly cliche and simple, but some of the kill moves were dope as hell. And the way they built the tension up until the last confrontation was well done. I was completely sucked in. Some minor beef: too much slow mo', and Robert's skillz and knack for killing and evading explosive tankers was on the level of Daredevil. I wasn't really buying it, but it was fun, so I didn't care.

3.5 out of 5 for me.:ehh:

I really enjoyed the villain. He was evil as fukk. :lolbron: But I really didn't like the way the villain died. I was hoping for some real hand-to-hand combat between him and Robert.

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I actually enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. If Taken can get 3 films, I don't see why Equalizer should not.
sequel has already been greenlit but i dont think denzel or fuqua is returning...which pretty much defeats the purpose :sadcam:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sequel has already been greenlit but i dont think denzel or fuqua is returning...which pretty much defeats the purpose :sadcam:

They'll probably just grab Jeremy Renner :snoop:

I hope Denzel considers it, because I believe they could come up with a story that exceeds the first one.

Difference between this & Taken is that you can build on the Equalizer. It can get better.

Taken was so dope, you can't get any better than that. You can only go down from there. This is just my opinion though.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fuqua and Denzel both on board for a sequel. We have to see if Sony waits for Antoine or not though. He has Magnificent 7 with Denzel next. And a bunch of other movies lined up. It all comes down to the money and timing.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Just watched this, dope film :ehh:

Film had my attention from the first minute to the last.

When rappers talk about hammers & tools in their bars, Denzel should just :pacspit: at them, took it to a new level.

When Zack Hemsey 'The Way' dropped in the warehouse :noah:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Watched this movie a long time ago, but had to throw in my opinion (since it is the only one that counts :sas2:)

When I first started watching it, I was like Denzel literally saving white hoes outchea.:scust: but then it got good.:lolbron:

Main bad guy suit game though, :ohlawd: sharp and crisp.:banderas:

:pacspit: at anyone who didn't like this movie.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
tbh I was hating on denzel recently and I just accepted acting for him is effortless on some Neo shyt :dwillhuh:
tumblr_msp1fjIFNp1sbavuuo1_500.gif

ever since Ive accepted that fack ive been binge watching a few of his flicks :whoo:
Flight
The Taking of Pelham 123
The Siege

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Watched this movie a long time ago, but had to throw in my opinion (since it is the only one that counts :sas2:)

When I first started watching it, I was like Denzel literally saving white hoes outchea.:scust: but then it got good.:lolbron:

Main bad guy suit game though, :ohlawd: sharp and crisp.:banderas:

:pacspit: at anyone who didn't like this movie.
I liked it because it was some ridiculous shyt...it was a fun movie...it will do better if they make 2 or 3 sequels like Death Wish; Have Denzel going across the globe to equalize mothafukkas:wow:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
When you think about it Denzel didn't even kill or do a lot in this:birdman: spent more time giving out life lessons to hoes, helping his coworker lose weight and pass tests than he did killing:stopitslime::snoop:.