Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
:what:

He told no lies? While what he may be saying is HALF true at best, the prison-industrial complex is designed to prey on the poor and BLACK. The government CIA and FBI have broken up family homes. Also, the government made sure to have single Black women without a man get subsidized housing and food stamps. That became their new daddy.

Denzel is fukking stupid here. Our system is corrupt and I would own his ass in this discussion. The US Justice System is known to over sentence Blacks. Especially, the ones from impoverished areas.

Boy STFU I am a PARENT

your non Puzzy getting azz has yet to experience life off this board....

I know damn well the benifit of having a father figure and OGs in your life...

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

And I've become a responsible black man cause I have structure...

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

Like giving birth to your Illogical thinking azz........

Yes we have a system against us..

But that don't mean you stop acting responsible......

You better get yo mind right...and stop all this HYPOCRITICAL HOTEP NONSENSE

AND BE A MAN :ufdup:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure.
We just had an epic thread showing how true this is :

Inside A Crips Gang Initation With The Silent Murder Crips From Brownsville Brooklyn

Don't come in here now acting like what Denzel said is some far-fetched shyt.:sas2:

And I hope y'all aren't that dense to believe the man is giving a pass to the system. He's simply saying that we OURSELVES feed into it and makes it easier in ways ala:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/ther...tellin-the-world-how-violent-they-are.583719/

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

:damn:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

Good god :picard: :huhldup:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

On this board I've preached about responsibility, so don't give me that. Also, I was raised in a two parent home and my parents have been together for 48 years (married for 48.) Point is that we live in a rigged system and it's not a single issue problem with us. Denzel is trying the whole respectability politics thing. It's not that easy because the government like I said has helped destroy the Black Community. It was done, so Blacks could be easily exploited.

BTW, I support two parent homes and encourage poor Blacks NOT to have kids until they are financially stable and have a strong family unit. I've made a thread on that before.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Well he's right. It's one of the saddest things to witness in our community to be honest. If a racist prison system is in place why would anyone knowingly make decisions to put themselves into that system? I get the arguments around poverty and education but literally doing what white supremacists WANT you to do is so self destructive I have a hard time rationalizing how the "victims" have no culpability. Talk to any street dude and you will see that these dudes KNOW what they are doing is leading to a dead end and yet they still do it. I use to think being in the streets was the easy way out but really that's not even true. I don't get it honestly.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

You sound like a fukking idiot right now.

Nobody's anti good father figures and family structures. But I don't give a damn how responsible you are, the system did a number on the black community and the majority of people, regardless of race, would have neither the luck nor the fortitude to withstand the insidious shyt that's been imposed on us

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

Stop it. There are plenty of people wuth father's and mother's caught in the legal system unjustly. While the state of the black community made it easy for blacks to fall victim to the racist and demonic judicial system, to simply put all the blame on "bad parenting" as if that is the reason for the disproportionate incarceration of blacks is simply c00n talk.

Instead of making dumb posts like this one, log off and go read "The New Jim Crow" by Michelle Alexander. Because everything you and that moron Denzel are spitting reeks of opinions based on ignorance.