Dentist just told me I need a deep cleaning on the full mouth

yyy

All Star
Daps
I'm just wondering why the hell do they use freezing water to deep clean, my teeth are already sensitive as it is
Because the instruments we use vibrate at high frequencies. Without the water, the friction between the ultrasonic scaled and the tooth would generate heat and the heat could cause pain, damage to the gums and tooth and other problems. The best move is to inform the dentist/hygienist/periodontist that you are feeling sensitivity. They will then give you local anesthesia that should numb the gums and allow them to complete the procedure.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Got that ultrasonic cleaning the other day with scaling.

I don’t know how people don’t be getting it done regularly.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Got that ultrasonic cleaning the other day with scaling.

I don’t know how people don’t be getting it done regularly.
@Krazy what is an ultrasonic cleaning like and how do you qualify for it? Can the dentist give it to you if you just want to do an ultrasonic cleaning?

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
@Krazy what is an ultrasonic cleaning like and how do you qualify for it? Can the dentist give it to you if you just want to do an ultrasonic cleaning?
I think it’s commonly known as Airflow.

My dentist did a traditional hand cleaning with the scaling tool then followed up with the aiflow treatment.

I know some opt to do airflow/ultrasonic as a complete replacement to traditional hand method.

I specifically asked for it did cost a little more but felt it was worth it.

I feel it helped with surface staining between my teeth especially.

Would go for it again

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Gotta use mouthwash that keeps your gums in check along with the health of your teeth, listerine total care is good but it can burn like hell, but they also have zero alcohol which is less intense. The Gums are just as important to take care of as the teeth. During the covid shutdown i haven't went to dentist for 2 years and kept up with the hygiene by brushing and mouthwashing with everything else and had no cavities or issues when i went for my latest appointment.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm just wondering why the hell do they use freezing water to deep clean, my teeth are already sensitive as it is

fillers make your teeth sensitive, a lot of these procedures they tell you need is unnecessary, but they do it because they know you have insurance and they'll be paid.

Last edited: