Dentist just told me I need a deep cleaning on the full mouth

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I figured, but I was self employed so I was paying outta pocket for cheap insurance through smart smile.

It was done on like 25 teeth.

Some on one side, some on both.

Breh, the first time I got a deep cleanse, I shyt you not, it looked like they where removing spackle.

Im like Doc WTF is that!

Calcified food matter..I was like faaaaaaaack.

25 teeth? Wtf? Yea unless each of your teeth is 9mm or more you shouldn’t have done that. Yea that calculus is no joke and sticks to your teeth like cement. It’s basically calcified plaque

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
25 teeth? Wtf? Yea unless each of your teeth is 9mm or more you shouldn’t have done that. Yea that calculus is no joke and sticks to your teeth like cement. It’s basically calcified plaque
Breh, my gums was like Cee-Lo 4's 5's and 6's. (well just one about to become a 6, doc wasnt happy)

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
Qid8wG3.jpg

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Deep cleanings are for when you have to go beneath the gumline. They usually won't do the full mouth in one sitting, they'll focus on quadrants. If you wanna be a savage, you can knock the whole mouth out in one visit but it'll take 3-4 hours.

They numb you up pretty good so it's not unbearable but expect to be uncomfortable and out of commission for the rest of the day

Sugarbush

Sucka Free
Supporter
Daps
Basically you don't floss so you got pockets in your gums full of bacteria that destroying your bone/ligaments/shyt that holds your teeth in place. You ever wonder why old people got dentures and other removable teeth? Not flossing/brushing regularly for 20 years until one day you in your 60s and your teeth are mobile. So what's gonna happen is they are gonna numb you up and use instruments to clean the tarter/bacteria/etc underneath your gums throughly to stop that process. And you will have to get a cleaning every 3-4 months
Are you a dentist or hygienist? Everything you posted is legit :ehh:

yyy

All Star
Daps
A lot of posts in here but I'll try to bring some clarity. There are regular old cleanings and they are deep cleanings. Deep cleanings are tied to a diagnosis of periodontitis while regular cleanings are linked to a diagnosis of gingivitis. The difference between the two is that in periodontitis there is destruction of bone and other important tissues that connect your gums to your teeth.

Now, usually with periodontitis there is a build of calculus sub-gingivaly (the area between your teeth and under the gums. What the dentist or hygienist will do is go that area and make it scrape up the calculus (hardened plaque) and diseased tooth tissue. This is important because as long as both of these things stay there, you will continue to have bone loss. The reason being because your body's immune system is waging a war against these two things and destroying your own tissue in the process. What will happen is the dentist or hygienist will get you numb and then proceed to an Sc/RP (Scaling and root planing). Going forward I recommend to brush twice a day, floss and go in for constant check-ups because once you have periodontitis you are always at risk for it re-occuring.

Now let's say you don't do that. What will happen. Well people lost teeth mainly 3 ways. Trauma, cavities that make the tooth unrestorable and periodontal disease. Focusing on periodontal disease, what happens is that the tissues and structures in your mouth become so broken down that your teeth become very loose. And eventually will have to be extracted if you want to have a mouth that is healthy.

I've had patient's come in where I could literally just extract 10-14 teeth in like 5 minutes because hey were so loose. You don't want this to be you.
no-gum-disease-xrays.x76648.jpg

This is a good example of a healthy mouth. Do you notice the height of the bone?
9dbe67_218bf13ac1e14dac80bada4a012b4654~mv2.gif

This is an example of an unhealthy mouth. Look at the bone loss. Also look at the sides of the teeth. The gif has arrows that point to something called calculus. This is what the deep cleaning is for. They will go and remove that.