Dentist just told me I need a deep cleaning on the full mouth

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
breh, you need to floss every night, and do warm salt water rinses twice a day...

Basically you don't floss so you got pockets in your gums full of bacteria that destroying your bone/ligaments/shyt that holds your teeth in place. You ever wonder why old people got dentures and other removable teeth? Not flossing/brushing regularly for 20 years until one day you in your 60s and your teeth and mobile. So what's gonna happen is they are gonna numb you up and use instruments to clean the tarter/bacteria/etc underneath your gums throughly to stop that process. And you will have to get a cleaning every 3-4 months

I am not suprised as some people only brush once a day and they do not brush for 3 minutes

Do you recommend brehs?
51Ry5ng0zAL._AC_SX425_.jpg

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
To clarify, the maintenance cleanings I'm referring to is "periodontal maintenance" which is specifically for people who have had deep cleanings. It's to reassure that the work of the deep cleaning lasts. Apparently it is supposed to be done every 3 months after the deep cleaning. I gotta ask them more about it.

The regular cleanings are usually done twice a year like every 6 months.

Yea that's what I mean. You get the PM done every 3-4 months. Basically just start flossing regularly and you will never have to put up with this again. You'd be surprised how some people are too lazy and trifling even after scaling and have to keep getting it done over and over again throughout their lives. Or it get to the point they need surgery(flap the gums and clean the super deep pockets for better access)

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I am not suprised as some people only brush once a day and they do not brush for 3 minutes

Do you recommend brehs?

Its better than nothing if that's what you prefer. Personally I hate that shyt(too messy) Flossing is much easier and you can do it while you are distracted with something like watching a game at night after dinner. Thats how I recommend it. If you wait until right when you go to bed you aren't going to do it because who wants to stand in the mirror for 4-5 minutes when you are tired and itching to go to sleep?

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
For scaling? :dahell: I haven't worked in a private office for a couple of years so I don't know that cost but even out of pocket with no insurance that shouldn't run you over 900
The medicine for the procedure was $85 per each side of the tooth.

I had deep pockets.

That was like 2/3 of the cost right there.

edit:I grind my teeth, so they threw a $200 mouth guard in there as well...which I dont use..

BukowCrow

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Do you recommend brehs?

I used to have gum issues and then I invested in a waterpik per my dentist's suggestion. I've never had to have anything besides the routine cleaning ever since, just be regimented about using it every day.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The medicine for the procedure was $85 per each side of the tooth.

I had deep pockets.

That was like 2/3 of the cost right there.

edit:I grind my teeth, so they threw a $200 mouth guard in there as well...which I dont use..

oh they finnessed you. You got arrestin? How many teeth you got that done on?

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
oh they finnessed you. You got arrestin? How many teeth you got that done on?
I figured, but I was self employed so I was paying outta pocket for cheap insurance through smart smile.

It was done on like 25 teeth.

Some on one side, some on both.

Breh, the first time I got a deep cleanse, I shyt you not, it looked like they where removing spackle.

Im like Doc WTF is that!

Calcified food matter..I was like faaaaaaaack.