Dee Barnes speaks. "me and the other women Dr. Dre beat up."

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Breh this is a movie, not a book, or expose by the New York Times

The format didn't even allow MC Ren to get his full due, and he was the groups CO-Lead writer and vocalist....Yall really tripping that Yo-Yo and Rage didn't get their proper shine?
Nah JJFad paid for that NWA album, they should have got a cursory shout out or something.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
There was to many inaccuracy and duck-tales in the film to even care about putting Dr. Dre punching women in the movie.:yeshrug:

btw, people who did not watch the film out of political reasons but yet complain about Dre not slapping women in the film, were you going to watch the film if they did?:dead:

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I kinda wonder if Gray let her down easy with not getting a role in Set it Off.

She may have had a great audition. But its kind of hard to envision her being better than Kimberly Elise in that role.

Its still sad she got blackballed in other areas of life though. No reason she shouldnt have got another tv gig.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
:dahell:

that was me giving you props and saying that i fall back.

but thats not saying much tho. of course hes gonna be cordial. he beat her ass and she took em to court. plus, he blackballed her so he couldnt have been too sorry.
my fault but it also doesn't mean he PERSONALLY blackballed her. I'm sure we all been through a situation where 2 people you knew had issues so you couldn't have both of them around :manny:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
That's the biggest misconception. Andre Young was not a gangster period. In my opinion he did all that extra shyt because he thought that's how gangsters act.
He was doing some shyt, he wasn't gang banging or selling drugs but he did not move like normal citizens. Specially not when N.W.A. started blowing up. And really, "fake" gangsters are even worse than real ones.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
So Dre beat her ass for no reason, got her blackballed, and every time he's confronted about it says the story was exaggerated.

But y'all mad at her for just talking about it and how it affected her life:dahell:.
I think people are feeling some type of way about any time something big is happening a brother, they need to pull out all the dirt they can find about him. As if the underlying actions in the dirt is irrelevant but in fact they are just trying to shyt on the person in question. These stories from 20-25 years ago have been reported more than all the royalties from the soundtrack going to charity in Compton. What's most relevant?

What Dre did to her was super wack along with all the other wack shyt he might've done.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
He was doing some shyt, he wasn't gang banging or selling drugs but he did not move like normal citizens. Specially not when N.W.A. started blowing up. And really, "fake" gangsters are even worse than real ones.
I lived around them nikkas, Dre wasn't doing none of that shyt spare me I know first hand, and neither was Cube.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
I think people are feeling some type of way about any time something big is happening a brother, they need to pull out all the dirt they can find about him. As if the underlying actions in the dirt is irrelevant but in fact they are just trying to shyt on the person in question. These stories from 20-25 years ago have been reported more than all the royalties from the soundtrack going to charity in Compton. What's most relevant?

What Dre did to her was super wack along with all the other wack shyt he might've done.
So all the 900 other time Dee Barnes was talking about is a moot point?

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Some of you nikkas is weirdos how much yall hate women. Lmao nikkas ain't getting no p*ssy so they hate the entire gender.

"But but why Dee Barnes mentioning it now" she always mentioned it dumb fukks. It's just a bigger deal 24 years later because they're making a movie about the group. Geniuses.
Quoted for absolute truth.

nikkas in here got an agenda against females running a fine tooth comb through her resume and questioning her integrity.

The nerve of her to speak out against 2 dudes that were instrumental in her never working again.

B-but it was 25 years ago. So the fukk what :dahell:

On another note Bun B asking questions like a fan boy at that Q&A :heh: @shopthatwrecks I know you said he's a clown but this really made me laugh breh.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:heh:

Wow like what?

Tell us what Andre did

:dead: u learn something new everyday I guess Dre was out there bangin

:camby:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
So all the 900 other time Dee Barnes was talking about is a moot point?
I'm not talking about her, I'm talking about the media thereof "they".

It's horrible and all but do we really need to keep on trying to assassinate the character of a man who changed, got married and had a family and became soft and charitable? :patrice: I don't know.

If he wasn't famous would she be writing a blog about a dude for 25 years straight about an assault at a party? :patrice: I don't know.

I can't knock her though, specially not if that blackball thing is true. It's the media that I'm talking bout.

Last edited:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
dudes were running around on Twitter flat out attacking women earlier, telling them they need to be worried about white supremacy and cops, "we finally got a successful movie that's not about slavery and y'all trying bring a Black man down"

shyt is just sad.
People on here disregard women issues as a non issue.
The only time they support them is when they support their male perspective on things.